• Everything under the sun according to elements (Bazi) 5 2
Currently:  

Author Topic: Everything under the sun according to elements (Bazi)  (Read 12213 times)

Offline florian ciupitu

• G1-G50
  • Last Login:February 23, 2018, 02:38:45 AM
    • View Profile
Re: Everything under the sun according to elements (Bazi)
« Reply #30 on: July 25, 2015, 10:14:31 PM »
Hi All,

I somehow have seen some different grouping of number in representation of elements in Bazi, which are..

Water = 1  &  6
Fire      = 2  &  7
Wood   = 3  &  8
Metal   = 4  &  9
Earth   = 5  &  0 (or 10?)

May I ask if the above method is correct or not?

Please help......

For me, Master Li Juming's methods have been (so far) working for me.

I begin to understand this method. It is really very simple and very effective compared with other . In fact that's the purpose of Chinese metaphysics , simple and effective .

Offline Jlim

• G501++
  • Last Login:Hidden
    • View Profile
  • Re: Everything under the sun according to elements (Bazi)
    « Reply #31 on: July 25, 2015, 11:10:40 PM »
    I somehow have seen some different grouping of number in representation of elements in Bazi, which are..

Water = 1  &  6
    Fire      = 2  &  7
    Wood   = 3  &  8
    Metal   = 4  &  9
    Earth   = 5  &  0 (or 10?)

Good point, Decha_woo, your set is the five-element numbers of Hetu 河图, which is fundamental in many fields of Chinese Metaphysics, and not only Bazi.  Please refer to the topic Hetu

In Feng Shui, for example Flying Star or Xuan Kong Fei Xing, and Xuan Kong Da Gua, the above numbers are actually used. For example in Xuang Kong Da Gua date selection, having the Water combination is auspicious, namely having the number 1 & 6 coming together in the date structure.  Similarly, it's also auspicious if the date structure has Fire combination (2 & 7), Wood combination (3 & 8), or Metal Combination (4 & 9).  Note that numbers 5 and 10 are not used in XKDG.

Thanks for putting this table up.
    The number associations however seem to be a bit unorthodox.
    How are the associations of the alphabetical letters derived anybody knows?
    I agree, Li Juming's way of assigning the five elements to numbers is something uncommon or unorthodox.

That is unorthodox? Actually if you notice, he was going by the Heavenly Stems:

Jia = 1 , A
    Yi = 2 , B
    Bing = 3 , C
    Ding = 4 , D
    and so on...

Yes, I agree with this, Art.  However, I do wonder, is there any branch of CM that actually applies such elemental assignment of 1 and 2 as Wood, 3 and 4 as Fire, 5 and 6 as Earth, 7 and 8 as Metal, 9 and 0 as Water, just like Mr. Li  wrote?

Offline ArtofFugue

• Contributor
    • G501++
    • PRIVATE AND NON-COMMERCIAL PRACTITIONER
    • View Profile
    « Reply #32 on: July 25, 2015, 11:27:50 PM »
    In Flying Star fengshui and Eight Mansions, the numbers are different from what Master Li and Hetu have: 1 = water, 2 = earth, 3 & 4 are wood, 5 is earth and so...

What I found was here, it mentions in "Chinese strokes for auspicious name" that they follow numbers by Heavenly Stems, like what Master Li have done.

I conclude numbers mean different things in different CM methods. If we were to dig out all the differences of all sects/schools, it would be endless and out-of-topic with this thread.

edit: XKDG is another different league itself.
    « Last Edit: July 25, 2015, 11:31:25 PM by ArtofFugue »
    By people sharing knowledge/info publicly, the info itself does not devalue to become "common internet data which lacks credibility and needs verifying". If everyone thinks in this way, nobody would want to share anymore in order to protect the value and integrity of their knowledge.

Offline Jlim

• G501++
    • View Profile
    « Reply #33 on: July 25, 2015, 11:33:43 PM »
    In Flying Star fengshui and Eight Mansions, the numbers are different from what Master Li and Hetu have: 1 = water, 2 = earth, 3 & 4 are wood, 5 is earth and so...
    The above is also correct, because Flying Star analysis uses both Hetu numbers and Luoshu numbers. ;)  What you wrote above is based on the Luoshu square.

Anyway, I just realize this topic is actually more for Bazi (based on the topic title)...
    « Last Edit: July 25, 2015, 11:36:10 PM by Jlim »

Offline decha_woo

• G501++
    • Last Login:July 12, 2018, 04:59:02 PM
    • View Profile
    « Reply #34 on: July 29, 2015, 06:04:47 PM »
    Hi Jlim,

Thank you very much for your help.

I was just told the set of numbers without any explanation or reason, but for recitation. When seeing a totally different set of those numbers, I felt very confused.

I have to confess that except the word "Bazi" in your explanation, I really have no idea about the others, like hetu, Xuan Kong Fei Xing, XKDG, etc. I assume they would be among Chinese Metaphysics as well... Maybe some other time.... in a very long future..  :-\
    Do not overestimate power of destiny ....

It cannot govern the way you choose to feel contented with what you are destined for....

Offline ArtofFugue

• Contributor
    • G501++
    • View Profile
    « Reply #35 on: September 19, 2015, 12:43:42 PM »
    hi Arto,

thank you so much for your effort.

but thru our bazi chart, identifying the favourable or unfavourable elements become tough after this author claimed that only 2% of bazi practioners will get it right......
    google cheongsoonhaur

thanks again

May I ask "right" in what ways? "Right" as in accordance to the author's teachings which he learnt from a particular sect/school of thought? If not in accordance to what he was taught, would it be considered "wrong"?

In CM, I'm not particular about "right" or "wrong". I'm more concerned about what is working for me and what is not. I'm more concerned about results and experience.

When I'm with my unfavourable elements, I feel drained of energy, uneasy or "not myself" that day. On an average year, month and day, I would experience small inconveniences and problems when I'm with things of my unfavourable elements. That was when years BEFORE I even started learning Bazi and its favourable & unfavourable elements (FUFE).

I don't know about you nor the author, but I'm still going to practice FUFE for my entire life. You or he may choose not to follow if FUFE is totally not working for you/him. That's fine with me, people is entitled to choose which method that is working for them.

------------------------------

edit: Just saying, in case anyone decides to take this to the "extreme", I notice there are some extremist people around.

For example, if water is someone's unfavourable element and fire is favourable, does that mean the person must not drink water at all? What the book recommend is that for such case, the person can drink milo, coffee, ovaltine...etc. If he/she has to drink water, make sure it is hot or warm at least.
    « Last Edit: September 19, 2015, 12:59:11 PM by ArtofFugue »
    By people sharing knowledge/info publicly, the info itself does not devalue to become "common internet data which lacks credibility and needs verifying". If everyone thinks in this way, nobody would want to share anymore in order to protect the value and integrity of their knowledge.

Offline Owlbear

• G501++
    • Last Login:December 26, 2016, 12:29:53 AM
    • Far Away
    • View Profile
    « Reply #36 on: January 09, 2016, 11:47:26 PM »
    I do like that they have placed Mirror in Metal. :)
    (this is long topic, but my point of view is the same, long to explain)

Elements of certain items might vary from master to master. Practice what you feel is relevant and comfortable, but don’t discriminate.

Yea, of course, still have to say some of the difference here with the usual representations are very big.

For example Stomach as Metal here, while in classic of difficulties and in almost every other place I have seen(not to mention practice), stomach is always Earth.

So of course there may be difference from master to master, however it's nice to note, about some differences from the accepted representations in Classic of Difficulties(accepted as a foundation for most of these), so if people find some CM practice doesn't seem to work, they can find more info an adjust.

I don't think most practices and systems will work with Stomach associated to Metal, or Large Intestine associated to Water as it is here.

It's all good of course, and I do admire the bold move of changing the accepted representations that are based on The Classic of Difficulties, however the fact that no one else changes them, may be for a reason. ;)

Offline ArtofFugue

• Contributor
    • G501++
    • View Profile
    « Reply #37 on: November 22, 2016, 05:59:46 AM »
    I was alerted that a famous author said that favourable and unfavourable elements don't mean the actual element itself and this method of using favourable elements is "wrong".

As mentioned previously, in the CM world, it is common to find practitioners disagreeing with another practitioner's practice/methods/teachings/theories and saying that is "wrong", "unreliable", "unauthentic" while self-proclaiming their own as the "correct" and "authentic" version. Those bad-mouthing practitioners then quote tons of reasonings, theories and case studies to back their claims. It is common to see such behaviours in the CM world. Both sides have their own reasons and cases to back their claims.

I can only say, what this CM world needs is mutual respect and tolerance of methods and teachings which are different from what one has learnt or been practicing. No practitioner has the right to say another school/method/practitioner is "wrong", one is only entitled to choose what is working for oneself. What is working for me doesn't mean it is working for you. Just because something is not working for you doesn't mean it is "wrong", it may work for other people.

No one size fits all:

Mutual respect:
    « Last Edit: February 07, 2018, 12:06:53 AM by ArtofFugue »

Online tyc

• G501++
    • Last Login:Today at 01:19:42 AM
    • View Profile
    « Reply #38 on: November 22, 2016, 06:19:14 AM »
    This isn't happening just in this area.  This type of issue is happening everywhere.  We just have to honest with our OWN opinions and hopefully find the truth behind all these creative ideas. 

For me, its difficult to understand what is right or wrong right now.  Then again, I have a open mind and will read whatever people are willing to offer.  Afterward, then decide if I should continue to follow the recommendation.  Nothing is learn without first accepting someone's thought first.
    If everything in life is measurable, then understanding destiny would be as simple as counting 1, 2, and 3.

Offline ArtofFugue

• Contributor
    • G501++
    • View Profile
    « Reply #39 on: November 22, 2016, 06:23:43 AM »
    @tyc : As you go deeper into CM, you'll find many different sects and schools of thoughts, especially in ZWDS.

To tell you the truth, there is no "right" or "wrong" in CM. There are only what is working for you and what is not working for you. Let your own experience be your guide. Don't just let people tell you.

Online tyc

• G501++
    • Last Login:Today at 01:19:42 AM
    • View Profile
    « Reply #40 on: November 22, 2016, 06:39:08 AM »
    ArtofFugue

Thanks for the advise.  I'll keep that in mind.
    If everything in life is measurable, then understanding destiny would be as simple as counting 1, 2, and 3.

Offline ArtofFugue

• Contributor
    • G501++
    • View Profile
    « Reply #41 on: March 20, 2017, 10:43:53 PM »
    Some time ago I received a question from a querent, his favourable element is also Fire, like me, he asked how to implement Fire element into his life? Should he suntan everyday for 12 hours and wear red 24 hours a day 7 days a week?

The master who advised him like that is entitled to his own interpretations and practice. No disrespect please. But if I were the master, I would suggest to querent something different and less extreme like to wear amethyst beads on his left hand or wear amethyst pendant necklace. Amethyst is Fire element. Also adjustable to personal preferences, eg; if you don’t like purple, you can choose other red or orange colour crystals like ruby or garnet. No hard and fast rule.

Diet is also one of the ways to implement a certain favourable element into your life. See below thread: http://fivearts.info/fivearts/index.php?topic=13784.0

It’s also adjustable to your diet preference.

If you’re not health-conscious, you can eat curry, BBQ, fried food often...etc.

If you’re health-conscious, you can eat carrot, red apple, milo, tomato, red wine often...etc. In fact for me, Master Li also advised in a youtube video, a stick of carrot will boost one's luck almost immediately after eating (if fire is favourable). I found it to be true too. I sometimes pack a lunch box of cut carrot.

But take note, this is not “miraculous cure”, like fengshui, it only helps abit. Your freedom, if you don't want this bit of help also can. The majority of your life is still influenced by karma.

Offline LuckyStars1

• G51-G100
    • Last Login:May 31, 2018, 07:57:14 PM
    • View Profile
    « Reply #42 on: June 25, 2017, 10:06:29 PM »
    [Hidden post: You need 10 posts to see it. You currently have 0. Join the paid subscription and see this hidden post now.]

Offline ArtofFugue

• Contributor
    • G501++
    • View Profile
    « Reply #43 on: June 25, 2017, 10:44:20 PM »
    @LuckyStars1 : Not specified in the book, would you like to drop Master Lee an email and let us know?

Offline ArtofFugue

• Contributor
    • G501++
    • View Profile
    « Reply #44 on: February 21, 2018, 02:45:42 PM »
    Master Yuan Shushan had used real-life physical Water element to remedy an unfavourable Metal decade during his age 50s.

Yuan was among a number of diviners who made predictions about their own fate.

In his "Ming Li Tan Yuan" text, he wrote that he was born of Wood, but surrounded in four directions by Metal from the year, month, day and hour of birth. Wood would require Water to make it grow and strengthen it while dissipating Metal at the same time, or more Wood to support it. Alternatively or concurrently, Fire could be there to suppress the Metal.

His prediction was that in the year 1931, upon reaching age of 50, the Metal year would become a menace to his life and end his career. Before the time came, he wound up his lucrative practice and withdrew from public life to a tiny island at Zhenjiang in Jiangsu province.

The fated day passed without incident. Yuan then re-emerged and started his business once again. Nobody criticized him for not dying on the appointed day; instead he became more famous than before for being able to avert calamity by surrounding himself with Water on an island to guard against the force of Metal.
    His Bazi chart as below:

- - -  1 - - - - - - 11 - - - - - 21 - - - - - - 31 - - - - - 41 - - - - - - 51 - - - - - - 61 - - - - - 71

Source: Chinese Mathematical Astrology, pg 138

« Last Edit: March 12, 2018, 12:59:55 PM by ArtofFugue »

five arts forum

Re: Everything under the sun according to elements (Bazi)
    « Reply #44 on: February 21, 2018, 02:45:42 PM »
    Fortune-telling / birth chart reading / predict your future services by Master Tony (aka aoefengshui). Area of interest:
    Category 1: Relationship/Peach Blossom/Marriage/Spouse/Divorce.
    Category 2: Wealth/Business/Investment/Legal Problem.
    Category 3: Career Plan/Career Move/Job Promotion/Study.
    Category 4: Health/Pregnancy/Children/Accident/Disaster.
    Category 5: The Luck of next 10 years: (Master Tony will work out your luck for next 10 years in general and point out the happening years for the important events).
    Category 6: The Luck of next 12 months: (Master Tony will work out your luck for next 12 months in general and point out the happening months for the important events.)
    Category 7: Your own Category which didn’t mention above.

Note: Master Tony will provide you the reading report in writing and also one private Q&A session afterwards. Everything to be conducted conveniently and anonymously via this forum online.

More detail | About Master Tony (aka aoefengshui) | Ask question privately | Post question in Pre-sales forum | Testimonials | View sample Fortune-telling report
    Tired of advertisement on the forum? Remove advertisement on the forum now. For detail, please click here.
    Learn fortune-telling skills from Master Tony (Purple Star Astrology / 紫微斗数 / ZWDS)

Features: Online private learning | one-on-one teaching | Everything starts from zero | 24/7 access to constantly updated learning materials | Medium of instruction: English

Tags:

Bazi decade

Started by jwhite997Board Request for birth chart reading [FREE]

Replies: 0
    Views: 33
    Last post July 14, 2018, 11:01:38 PM
    by jwhite997
    Mangpai Blindman Bazi books

Started by AdministratorBoard Books, Software, Tools, and Resources

Views: 80
    Last post July 11, 2018, 08:35:35 PM
    by Administrator
    Seeking your guidance to read my bazi for career, love and luck

Started by scarletnovemberBoard Request for birth chart reading [FREE]

Replies: 18
    Views: 353
    Last post July 16, 2018, 09:43:44 PM
    by scarletnovember
    Anything special about how geomancy.net plot your bazi chart

Started by bruceBoard Request for birth chart reading [FREE]

Replies: 13
    Views: 289
    Last post July 09, 2018, 02:30:26 PM
    by Jewel
    Month stem for southern hemisphere bazi

Started by KanliBoard 3. Art of Life (Birthchart Analysis)

Replies: 17
    Views: 284
    Last post July 09, 2018, 10:26:48 AM
    by anton8888
    boy bazi with almost all water

Started by orangeplumBoard Request for birth chart reading [FREE]

Replies: 2
    Views: 135
    Last post June 30, 2018, 05:30:01 PM
    by orangeplum
    Will AI render Bazi/zdws practitioner/master obselete ?

Started by bruceBoard 4. Art of Divination (Prediction)

Replies: 28
    Views: 598
    Last post July 08, 2018, 08:52:23 PM
    by j27945
    Bazi Synastry (how to check attraction)

Started by hanzzoBoard 四柱八字 Si Zhu Ba Zi

Replies: 13
    Views: 422
    Last post June 28, 2018, 08:36:45 PM
    by hanzzo
    Problems with Zi wei/bazi foundations-precession

Started by socratesBoard Zi Wei Dou Shu (ZWDS) 紫微斗数

Views: 107
    Last post June 22, 2018, 11:46:14 PM
    by socrates
    Weak DO element in Bazi

Started by darksirenBoard Request for birth chart reading [FREE]

Replies: 6
    Views: 211
    Last post June 14, 2018, 10:41:16 PM
    by windwheel
    Seeking bazi reading advice

Started by curiousbonBoard Request for birth chart reading [FREE]

Replies: 7
    Views: 223
    Last post June 14, 2018, 01:26:17 PM
    by blackswan
    Cultural influence on Bazi

Started by socratesBoard Si Zhu Ba Zi (SZBZ) 四柱八字

Views: 93
    Last post June 08, 2018, 10:10:09 PM
    by socrates
    Bazi Lucky and unlucky elements

Started by AdzaBoard Request for birth chart reading [FREE]

Replies: 14
    Views: 419
    Last post June 12, 2018, 01:42:31 AM
    by Adza
    Want to know about my bazi

Started by Mike ArmstrongBoard Request for birth chart reading [FREE]

Replies: 1
    Views: 131
    Last post May 25, 2018, 11:05:36 PM
    by johnyqi
    What is the different between Northern BAZI and Souther BAZI

Started by edoradoBoard Request for birth chart reading [FREE]

Replies: 31
    Views: 698
    Last post May 25, 2018, 06:00:18 PM
    by j27945
    my daughter bazi

Started by AlibabaBoard Request for birth chart reading [FREE]

Replies: 5
    Views: 205
    Last post May 19, 2018, 11:49:42 PM
    by johnyqi
    Bazi vs zwds luck pillar different

Replies: 3
    Views: 226
    Last post May 17, 2018, 01:34:37 PM
    by ZhouYu
    tanya mengenai bazi pekji

Started by miawmiawmiawBoard Astrologi Delapan Karakter (Ba Zi)

Views: 224
    Last post May 15, 2018, 09:05:26 PM
    by miawmiawmiaw
    Career based on elements

Views: 112
    Last post May 11, 2018, 08:55:08 AM
    by jwhite997
    Bazi Reading & Practice Case Study

Started by FifiBoard Request for birth chart reading [FREE]

Replies: 27
    Views: 741
    Last post May 13, 2018, 11:29:13 PM
    by windwheel
    Bazi with missing elements

Started by AngelmamaBoard Request for birth chart reading [FREE]

Replies: 9
    Views: 393
    Last post May 10, 2018, 05:04:57 AM
    by Kay
    psychologist type in western astrology but not according to bazi

Started by kintabBoard Request for birth chart reading [FREE]

Replies: 2
    Views: 181
    Last post May 14, 2018, 12:57:55 AM
    by kintab
    can somebody tell me what is my talent according to my bazi

Started by lucdeventBoard Request for birth chart reading [FREE]

Replies: 6
    Views: 417
    Last post June 26, 2018, 09:25:52 AM
    by lucdevent
    clarify bazi: help!

Started by jaydenleeBoard Si Zhu Ba Zi (SZBZ) 四柱八字

Views: 136
    Last post April 30, 2018, 10:54:05 PM
    by jaydenlee
    need help for decoding or analyze my bazi

Started by lucdeventBoard Request for birth chart reading [FREE]

Replies: 11
    Views: 479
    Last post April 28, 2018, 07:46:00 PM
    by johnyqi
    Free Cantonese BaZi Courses Youtube

Started by TheModernTaoistBoard Si Zhu Ba Zi (SZBZ) 四柱八字

Views: 197
    Last post April 23, 2018, 12:16:18 AM
    by Baretta
    Help me please with this BaZi chart

Started by ana500Board Request for birth chart reading [FREE]

Views: 426
    Last post April 13, 2018, 06:55:21 PM
    by Talib
    Bazi clarification

Started by pleumjitBoard Si Zhu Ba Zi (SZBZ) 四柱八字

Replies: 15
    Views: 632
    Last post May 21, 2018, 06:57:53 PM
    by pleumjit
    bazi daymaster reading of personality

Started by wellhandyBoard Si Zhu Ba Zi (SZBZ) 四柱八字

Replies: 7
    Views: 573
    Last post April 08, 2018, 10:26:17 PM
    by guhai
    Love and Marriage from bazi

Started by elaniezxcBoard Si Zhu Ba Zi (SZBZ) 四柱八字

Views: 377
    Last post April 06, 2018, 10:12:07 PM
    by ArtofFugue

Disclaimer:

Your use of FiveArts.Info is at your sole risk. FiveArts.Info cannot be held responsible for the inaccuracy of the readings and information provided by its members. FiveArts.Info owners, administrators, moderators, masters, members, partners expressly disclaim all warranties of any kind whether express or implied including but not limited to the implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.