Facts of Life..

• Facts of Life.. 5 3
Currently:  

Author Topic: Facts of Life..  (Read 25647 times)

Offline ArtofFugue

• Contributor
  • G501++
  • Last Login:Hidden
  • PRIVATE AND NON-COMMERCIAL PRACTITIONER
    • View Profile
  • Re: Facts of Life..
    « Reply #150 on: March 18, 2018, 10:56:50 PM »

Science cannot explain everything!
    By people sharing knowledge/info publicly, the info itself does not devalue to become "common internet data which lacks credibility and needs verifying". If everyone thinks in this way, nobody would want to share anymore in order to protect the value and integrity of their knowledge.

Offline ArtofFugue

• Contributor
    • G501++
    • View Profile
    « Reply #151 on: March 28, 2018, 12:14:44 AM »
    Certificate is useless if the skill itself is irrelevant....

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Another danger of academic approach.... Statistics is full of half-truths!

By people sharing knowledge/info publicly, the info itself does not devalue to become "common internet data which lacks credibility and needs verifying". If everyone thinks in this way, nobody would want to share anymore in order to protect the value and integrity of their knowledge.

Offline ArtofFugue

• Contributor
    • G501++
    • View Profile
    « Reply #152 on: March 29, 2018, 09:08:37 AM »
    Blunt fact: Science can only explain 4% of our universe. Do not rely too much on scientific evidence!

*Disclaimer: Not being anti-science but to caution people about the incompleteness of science.
    « Last Edit: April 06, 2018, 03:49:58 PM by ArtofFugue »

Offline coco

• G101-G300
    • Last Login:April 12, 2018, 03:31:37 PM
    • View Profile
    « Reply #153 on: March 29, 2018, 06:23:38 PM »
    Blunt fact: Science can only explain 4% of our universe. Do not rely too much on scientific evidence!

How Can I Combat Anti-science Claims Online?
    free reading

Offline ArtofFugue

• Contributor
    • G501++
    • View Profile
    « Reply #154 on: April 01, 2018, 12:35:21 AM »

Offline coco

• G101-G300
    • Last Login:April 12, 2018, 03:31:37 PM
    • View Profile
    « Reply #155 on: April 01, 2018, 01:10:11 AM »

Offline ArtofFugue

• Contributor
    • G501++
    • View Profile
    « Reply #156 on: April 02, 2018, 07:27:48 PM »

Offline society

• G1-G50
    • Last Login:April 02, 2018, 09:40:53 PM
    • View Profile

• Offline ArtofFugue

• Contributor
    • G501++
    • View Profile
    « Reply #158 on: April 06, 2018, 03:42:02 PM »

Offline ArtofFugue

• Contributor
    • G501++
    • View Profile
    « Reply #159 on: April 09, 2018, 09:46:52 AM »

Offline ArtofFugue

• Contributor
    • G501++
    • View Profile
    « Reply #160 on: April 10, 2018, 12:25:59 PM »

Offline ArtofFugue

• Contributor
    • G501++
    • View Profile
    « Reply #161 on: April 15, 2018, 03:59:34 PM »

From a cantonese song....
    « Last Edit: June 16, 2018, 06:28:24 AM by ArtofFugue »

Offline ArtofFugue

• Contributor
    • G501++
    • View Profile
    « Reply #162 on: May 12, 2018, 08:39:21 AM »
    5 Ways To Speak Up When You're Receiving Bad or Unwanted Personal Advice
    Part of Kathy Caprino's series "Finding Brave To Build Your Best Life"
    Source: https://www.thriveglobal.com/stories/24899-5-easy-ways-to-walk-away-when-you-re-getting-bad-advice

I hear from hundreds of people every month from around the world, and many of these folks are generous, positive, and well-meaning individuals. They often offer fascinating ideas and comments, and aim to be helpful in doing so.

But as is true with much in life, there are two sides to every story. One not-so-appealing aspect of extensive interaction and open communication is that we come into contact with some people who feel very comfortable crossing our boundaries, acting like an expert when they’re not, and offering a slew of unsolicited advice which is more about them than you.

As an example of this, I have a neighbor who I see every few weeks and every time she sees me, she feels the need to offer me all sorts of advice on all things pertaining to my personal and professional life, even though she knows virtually nothing about me, and has no frame of reference or experience to understand my life.

Is there a person in your life who behaves this way? It’s really annoying, isn’t it?

Below are 5 easy ways to identify without doubt if you should be listening to the advice you’re receiving (and some suggested responses you can use if you want to tell the adviser to stop):  [*Only applies to advice given specifically to you, not given generically as "wisdom quotes" or public sharing of knowledge!]

--------------------------------------------------------------------

#1: The adviser doesn’t know you at all
    Advice isn’t appropriate for you if there’s no understanding from the advice-giver of who you are, what you care about, and what you value, believe and stand for. People who want to tell you what to do without having any grasp of what makes you tick are generally just needing to hear themselves talk.

Potential response: “Thanks for your tip, but that suggestion doesn’t really fit how I approach my life.”

#2: The adviser didn’t ask you if you’d like to hear their advice
    Helpful advice-givers don’t just throw out suggested strategies and tips to help you without asking your permission to do so first.

To me, unsolicited advice is just pontification with a pretense of helpfulness.

Potential response: “Thanks, but I’m not looking for any new advice on this.”

#3: The adviser doesn’t know anything about the topic or issue you’re dealing with
    Another sign of unhelpful advice is when comes from someone who knows literally nothing about how to deal with the challenges or issues you’re facing.

Take the example (which I just heard today) of someone who’s been married for 30 years and hasn’t been on a date in over 35 years, giving advice to a newly single person who’s started engaging in online dating. Most likely, whatever the advice-giver has to say will be irrelevant and outdated, given how the world works today.

Potential response: “Thanks, but to me that strategy doesn’t really take into account how things have changed.”

#4: The adviser doesn’t understand what you truly need and want
    I coach many professional women who’ve told me about former coaching or mentee/advisee relationships they’ve had that went very wrong. When I ask what happened, they often share that the adviser began advising steps and strategies that seemed to be entirely disconnected to what this client indicated she wanted and needed.

I had this experience myself years ago (before I engaged in a successful career reinvention from corporate VP to therapist and coach) where the first career counselor I went to indicated that, because my assessment tests showed I had a strong aptitude in marketing, I should continue to pursue marketing as a profession.

The reality was that that I desperately wanted out of that profession (as he knew), and I could never have had the happiness and reward I experience now if I had stayed in the marketing profession. He just wasn’t listening to what I shared about my deepest desires and dreams for my future.

Potential response: “Thanks. I’m sure you mean well, but that approach won’t get me closer to what I really want.”

#5: The adviser isn’t someone you respect or align with
    The final, most powerful way to tell if the advice you’re getting is something you should consider is this: Is the adviser him/herself approaching their life in a way that you respect, admire and want to emulate? If not, the strategies they suggest probably won’t align with who you are at your core, and what you value and stand for.

Potential response: “Thanks, I appreciate your insights, but that’s not the way I’d like to handle it.”

********--------------------------------------------------------------------

In the end, when you receive advice you don’t want or didn’t ask for, you can simply walk away, or you can make an empowered stand and say something out loud about it.

Sometimes, it’s not worth our time to try to explain what we’re feeling to someone.

But often, it’s a vitally important step on our own brave, empowered path to stand up for who we are and for what we need and want.

As for me, I’m going to start taking more of a stand on this, because that’s what I secretly long to do, and also, that’s the type of step that represents “finding brave” in my own life, which I’m committed to doing more of going forward.

What do you do when you receive bad advice that you don’t want and didn’t ask for?

— Published on March 6, 2018

« Last Edit: May 12, 2018, 08:49:14 AM by ArtofFugue »

Offline ArtofFugue

• Contributor
    • G501++
    • View Profile
    « Reply #163 on: May 27, 2018, 08:25:57 AM »
    Ignore is the best. Really. ;D

Offline ArtofFugue

• Contributor
    • G501++
    • View Profile
    « Reply #164 on: June 03, 2018, 02:20:45 PM »

five arts forum

Re: Facts of Life..
    « Reply #164 on: June 03, 2018, 02:20:45 PM »
    Fortune-telling / birth chart reading / predict your future services by Master Tony (aka aoefengshui). Area of interest:
    Category 1: Relationship/Peach Blossom/Marriage/Spouse/Divorce.
    Category 2: Wealth/Business/Investment/Legal Problem.
    Category 3: Career Plan/Career Move/Job Promotion/Study.
    Category 4: Health/Pregnancy/Children/Accident/Disaster.
    Category 5: The Luck of next 10 years: (Master Tony will work out your luck for next 10 years in general and point out the happening years for the important events).
    Category 6: The Luck of next 12 months: (Master Tony will work out your luck for next 12 months in general and point out the happening months for the important events.)
    Category 7: Your own Category which didn’t mention above.

Note: Master Tony will provide you the reading report in writing and also one private Q&A session afterwards. Everything to be conducted conveniently and anonymously via this forum online.

More detail | About Master Tony (aka aoefengshui) | Ask question privately | Post question in Pre-sales forum | Testimonials | View sample Fortune-telling report
    Tired of advertisement on the forum? Remove advertisement on the forum now. For detail, please click here.
    Learn fortune-telling skills from Master Tony (Purple Star Astrology / 紫微斗数 / ZWDS)

Features: Online private learning | one-on-one teaching | Everything starts from zero | 24/7 access to constantly updated learning materials | Medium of instruction: English

Tags:

Is your life according to what Bazi says?

Started by hicallBoard Members Lounge

Replies: 4
    Views: 70
    Last post Today at 10:27:33 AM
    by Administrator
    What did you eat in your poorest moment in life so far?

Started by AdministratorBoard Miscellaneous casual talks

Replies: 9
    Views: 144
    Last post August 15, 2018, 08:07:00 AM
    by Administrator
    Try to Analyze my life according Bazi

Started by chenzhixinBoard Request for birth chart reading [FREE]

Replies: 2
    Views: 92
    Last post August 13, 2018, 11:01:46 AM
    by zeus
    My messy love life

Started by jellyBoard Request for divination [FREE]

Views: 219
    Last post July 29, 2018, 05:56:33 PM
    by jelly
    Nourishing Life (養生 Yǎng Shēng): An Ancient Love of Lists - Lorraine Wilcox

Started by renBoard 2. Art of Medicine (Healing)

Replies: 1
    Views: 92
    Last post July 25, 2018, 01:56:27 AM
    by LILAOHU
    Ling xing in Life

Started by nilegemBoard Zi Wei Dou Shu (ZWDS) 紫微斗数

Views: 184
    Last post July 20, 2018, 07:28:12 AM
    by pios
    Help me please for love life at my old age!

Started by Unigrad1991Board Request for birth chart reading [FREE]

Views: 245
    Last post July 10, 2018, 08:42:18 PM
    by Unigrad1991
    Flying hua lu to decafe Ming life Health

Started by socratesBoard Zi Wei Dou Shu (ZWDS) 紫微斗数

Replies: 0
    Views: 127
    Last post June 05, 2018, 08:08:36 PM
    by socrates
    Blessed with good life-hidden jade in rock

Started by socratesBoard Request for birth chart reading [FREE]

Views: 202
    Last post June 05, 2018, 01:27:39 AM
    by socrates
    31 and no wealth in life

Started by dixonBoard Request for birth chart reading [FREE]

Replies: 34
    Views: 1208
    Last post June 26, 2018, 09:05:01 AM
    by dixon
    help with family and marriage life in 2018

Started by thanos888Board Request for birth chart reading [FREE]

Replies: 24
    Views: 765
    Last post June 26, 2018, 10:17:47 PM
    by mushroom
    How’s my love life and career

Started by eyesnoselipsBoard Request for birth chart reading [FREE]

Views: 289
    Last post May 20, 2018, 09:15:42 PM
    by Joey
    Life Pillar Meaning

Started by RegulusAzuriBoard Request for birth chart reading [FREE]

Replies: 6
    Views: 513
    Last post May 08, 2018, 06:12:04 PM
    by j27945
    Heartbroken in love life 2018, could there be someone new from me this year?

Started by Marina88Board Request for birth chart reading [FREE]

Views: 358
    Last post April 02, 2018, 04:52:57 PM
    by Marina88
    Li Xuzhong Life book

Started by ArtofFugueBoard Books, Software, Tools, and Resources

Views: 326
    Last post June 09, 2018, 05:06:24 AM
    by Xuéshēng
    Fate and life path for twin bazi are never same. I know why!

Started by cocoBoard Miscellaneous

Views: 275
    Last post March 21, 2018, 02:21:33 PM
    by coco
    Past Life’s Karmic Black Box - Zuo, You, Chang, Qu

Started by ArtofFugueBoard Zi Wei Dou Shu (ZWDS) 紫微斗数

Replies: 26
    Views: 1790
    Last post August 06, 2018, 08:51:16 PM
    by socrates
    can help me read my love life? thanks.

Started by joyceyjojoBoard Request for birth chart reading [FREE]

Views: 550
    Last post March 12, 2018, 08:37:24 AM
    by blackswan
    Have real story good life chart? Come in

Started by guhaiBoard Birth chart analysis for famous / infamous people

Replies: 5
    Views: 503
    Last post March 06, 2018, 01:56:01 PM
    by guhai
    How to see Peach Blossom luck with Annual Life Palace

Started by ZhouYuBoard Zi Wei Dou Shu (ZWDS) 紫微斗数

Replies: 20
    Views: 1521
    Last post April 01, 2018, 12:15:14 PM
    by ZhouYu
    Mangpai for 2018 love life currently happily single

Started by Marina88Board Request for birth chart reading [FREE]

Views: 611
    Last post February 18, 2018, 02:42:04 PM
    by Marina88
    life and conception pillar

Started by pleumjitBoard Request for birth chart reading [FREE]

Views: 445
    Last post February 08, 2018, 03:30:40 PM
    by rolex
    Love Life

Started by gasolineBoard Request for birth chart reading [FREE]

Views: 286
    Last post January 30, 2018, 09:11:21 AM
    by IKW
    nobleman stars in life and conception pillar??Is it useful??

Started by pleumjitBoard Request for birth chart reading [FREE]

Views: 374
    Last post January 27, 2018, 06:25:06 PM
    by Axis
    Not feeling well in all areas of my life - temporary?

Started by smeli1982Board Request for birth chart reading [FREE]

Replies: 18
    Views: 1077
    Last post January 23, 2018, 05:41:41 AM
    by Veron
    Bazi examines marriage affinity due to past life's karmic links

Started by ArtofFugueBoard Si Zhu Ba Zi (SZBZ) 四柱八字

Replies: 5
    Views: 1083
    Last post December 10, 2017, 10:10:57 PM
    by ArtofFugue
    whats wrong with my life

Started by AlibabaBoard Request for birth chart reading [FREE]

Replies: 25
    Views: 1385
    Last post December 29, 2017, 12:11:58 PM
    by Alibaba
    Can any 哥哥/姐姐 master help look at my bazi chart? facing some problem in life

Started by meowmeow168Board Request for birth chart reading [FREE]

Replies: 31
    Views: 1988
    Last post November 11, 2017, 01:25:42 AM
    by Remoteviewer
    Hard Life Almost The Whole Life?

Started by axelBoard Request for birth chart reading [FREE]

Views: 608
    Last post October 24, 2017, 12:02:16 AM
    by windwheel
    Tarot and the Tree of Life

Started by GmuliBoard Cartomancy

Views: 364
    Last post October 06, 2017, 12:25:02 AM
    by Gmuli

Disclaimer:

Your use of FiveArts.Info is at your sole risk. FiveArts.Info cannot be held responsible for the inaccuracy of the readings and information provided by its members. FiveArts.Info owners, administrators, moderators, masters, members, partners expressly disclaim all warranties of any kind whether express or implied including but not limited to the implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.