• HLLS Links 5 2
Currently:  

Author Topic: HLLS Links  (Read 16614 times)

Offline ren

• Contributor
  • G501++
  • Last Login:Hidden
    • View Profile
  • Re: HLLS Links
    « Reply #15 on: November 26, 2014, 06:38:56 AM »
    See attached.
    To Prisoners... I call for you cultivation of strength in the dark.

Online RapaNui

• Sponsor
    • G301-G400
    • Last Login:Today at 07:20:47 PM
      • View Profile
    Re: HLLS Links
    « Reply #16 on: November 26, 2014, 06:19:07 PM »
    From the same : bazi-calculator.com
    RapaNui (Poland)

Offline metatronos

• G1-G50
    • Last Login:July 20, 2018, 03:56:15 AM
      • View Profile
    « Reply #17 on: November 30, 2014, 05:17:33 AM »
    Thank you guys for making it simple for me  :)

Having looked at the great site! "bazi-calculator.com" myself under ´Famous dates´ I get Obama´s time-EB as you instead of xu !? Why is that?

Offline ren

• Contributor
    • G501++
    • View Profile
    « Reply #18 on: November 30, 2014, 07:09:55 AM »
    [Hidden post: You need login to forum to see it.]

Online RapaNui

• Sponsor
    • G301-G400
    • Last Login:Today at 07:20:47 PM
      • View Profile
    « Reply #19 on: November 30, 2014, 10:18:25 PM »
    OK !

Meta, @RapaNui,

Database chart provided for President Obama has an incorrect time correction added.

Note time on chart: 18:47 RST (RST = (UTC+01:00) Brussels, Copenhagen, Madrid, Paris    Romance Standard Time).

« Last Edit: November 30, 2014, 10:21:48 PM by RapaNui »
    RapaNui (Poland)

Offline Daeluin

• G1-G50
    • Last Login:August 28, 2020, 04:08:21 AM
      • View Profile
    « Reply #20 on: December 04, 2014, 12:26:24 AM »
    Important to mention is that this software take the Winter Solstice(21-22 dec.) as the start of the year. This means that the birthdates between the Winter Solstice and Li Chun will have different birth hexagrams than those calculated from the two online calculators (above).

That´s a very important fact when doing calendar calculation or using calculators to change western into chinese calendar: Always check what rules apply!!!

According to Harmen´s research in original chinese texts there seems to be no hint to choose Winter Solstice for HLLS as the beginning of the year - unlike mentioned in the book "The Astrology of Ï Ching" by W.A. Sherrill and W.K. Shu.
    It seems that they invented some "new ways" to do HLLS. Which is a nice and creative thing - but it would have been even nicer when they would have mentioned what was according to original sources and what was their own addition.

I recall a thread on fivearts.net HLLS section where Harmen asked for help translating a phrase related to this, which seemed to indicate the year starting at the winter solstice. But was not enough for me to understand what it meant.

In Ni Hua Ching's Book of Changes and the Unchanging Truth, is mentioned that during the time of the Yellow Emperor, the year started at the Winter Solstice, and later was revised to start at LiChun.

I do my calculations based on LiChun and regularly find very literal descriptions of people's lives, using the Sherrill & Chu line descriptions, which frequently impress me with their deep insight.

Offline Daeluin

• G1-G50
    • Last Login:August 28, 2020, 04:08:21 AM
      • View Profile
    « Reply #21 on: December 04, 2014, 12:35:31 AM »
    Also the monthly hexagram changes are very different as used by Sherrill & Chu, as compared with the LiChun systems.

Sherrill & Chu's utilize a monthly system of changes that very closely matches the flow of HHS, with four roughly 18 day earthly periods at the end of every season. While I was following this system, it resonated deeply.

But I haven't gotten the hang of the other way yet, which maps 1 hexagram to each month, resulting in daily line changes always being broken at the end of the month. I hope when Harmen's english translation is finished more light will be shed on this!

Offline metatronos

• G1-G50
      • View Profile
    « Reply #22 on: December 07, 2014, 05:23:22 AM »
    Hi Daeluin!

Nice to to see another HLLS-user join the discussion!

In Ni Hua Ching's Book of Changes and the Unchanging Truth, is mentioned that during the time of the Yellow Emperor, the year started at the Winter Solstice, and later was revised to start at LiChun.

I do my calculations based on LiChun and regularly find very literal descriptions of people's lives, using the Sherrill & Chu line descriptions, which frequently impress me with their deep insight.

Same is true in my experience.

My guess why they changed the seemingly more original system: They tried to harmonize the calendar calculation with another yearly calendar used in HLLS / Yi Jing - which is the waxing and waning of Yin and Yang throughout the year -> expressed by the tidal hexagrams.

Offline metatronos

• G1-G50
      • View Profile
    « Reply #23 on: December 07, 2014, 05:37:42 AM »
    Also the monthly hexagram changes are very different as used by Sherrill & Chu, as compared with the LiChun systems.

Sherrill & Chu's utilize a monthly system of changes that very closely matches the flow of HHS, with four roughly 18 day earthly periods at the end of every season. While I was following this system, it resonated deeply.

But I haven't gotten the hang of the other way yet, which maps 1 hexagram to each month, resulting in daily line changes always being broken at the end of the month. I hope when Harmen's english translation is finished more light will be shed on this!

I use the method described in Harmen´s book - with a variation in term´s of day hexagrams.

Sherrill & Chu´s way to fine-tune into the layers of months/days is quite complicated in my opinion. The "original" way is fairly easy and gives perfect results!

To sum up you can calculate a hexagram for each year, month and 5 day-hexagrams per month. Here comes my variation: Is see the 30 lines of day hexagrams as the 30 zodiac degress per solar month. Therefore you can easily calculate down to the day hexagrams by means of modern calculators = computers.

Offline metatronos

• G1-G50
      • View Profile
    « Reply #24 on: December 07, 2014, 06:23:23 AM »

Note time on chart: 18:47 RST (RST = (UTC+01:00) Brussels, Copenhagen, Madrid, Paris    Romance Standard Time).

So here comes the HLLS results for Barrack for the time of 18:47 = you pillar.

Please note that RST means Real Solar Time (RST) in http://bazi-calculator.com. Thanks that Barrack was quick enough to be born before 23:00 that day as the free version of this otherwise great calculator uses a modern style of day change not suitable for HLLS ( ie day pillar changes only in the midst of zi time pillar at 24:00 ).

Early heaven hexagram = seed of life: Hex 59, line 1

line 1 is the initial one, the one to give an impetus -> in this case for dispersion. Someone who wants to make a change? Note the depending on the power of the second line = the strong horse ( yin-yang connection). That´s interesting as also the second hexagram = "goal of life" tells a similar story - only that this depending can lead to humiliation in the end.

http://books.google.at/books?id=9-E2Q4b9_SwC&pg=PA462&lpg=PA462&dq=beginning+of+Dispersing&source=bl&ots=fAUdqLw388&sig=KQsKuPLHzuzm4mS1rbDIUB-gdjg&hl=en&sa=X&ei=znmDVJLQK4HmywOxgYK4Dw&redir_esc=y#v=onepage&q=beginning%20of%20Dispersing&f=false

Later heaven hexagram = development of life: Hex 28, line 4

That´s a nice description of the task of a president of an influencing country - heavy burden. And still it´s line number 4 - that means it´s quite balanced in a hexagram that´s generally indicating "burn out"-matters as well.
    The temptation of linking with the Yin line with following humiliation points at the danger of listening too much to influences of the base ( can be people of a state, trying to please them ).

http://books.google.at/books?id=9-E2Q4b9_SwC&pg=PA246&lpg=PA246&dq=huang+%22carry+a+heavy+burden%22&source=bl&ots=fAUdqLw6aa&sig=PPKMMM5I7lys6ry4yZ8vip-VbHk&hl=en&sa=X&ei=EHuDVN7_J-roywP71YKADw&redir_esc=y#v=onepage&q=huang%20%22carry%20a%20heavy%20burden%22&f=false

Combining both hexagrams and speaking with the terms of TCM you could say that he´s a YangMing - personality. What that means? Look where the YangMing vessel goes to - to the index: So it has to do with giving the direction, defining the goals. YangMing is a typical pattern for political leaders.

With a slight grinning I read the influence - which is reads rather like a warning - for this year of wu:  Hex 35, line 4

http://books.google.at/books?id=9-E2Q4b9_SwC&pg=PA297&lpg=PA297&dq=huang+%22represents+a+rat%22&source=bl&ots=fAUdqLy19b&sig=gYky-5Jv6-9UTOy0Jn3TsI6yRKk&hl=en&sa=X&ei=44CDVLWKMou5ygOe0oL4Dg&redir_esc=y#v=onepage&q=huang%20%22represents%20a%20rat%22&f=false

Offline ren

• Contributor
    • G501++
    • View Profile
    « Reply #25 on: December 07, 2014, 08:42:13 AM »
    Thanks Metatronos for this explanation. I got the same hexagrams you did from Four Pillars of Wisdom software, but not from the http://cesuan.fututa.com/zhouyiyuncheng/ site (maybe having trouble with Chinese language).

Please note that RST means Real Solar Time (RST)  Thanks

Combining both hexagrams and speaking with the terms of TCM you could say that he´s a YangMing - personality. What that means? Look where the YangMing vessel goes to - to the index (finger): So it has to do with giving the direction, defining the goals. YangMing is a typical pattern for political leaders.

With a slight grinning I read the influence - which is reads rather like a warning - for this year of wu:  Hex 35, line 4

http://books.google.at/books?id=9-E2Q4b9_SwC&pg=PA297&lpg=PA297&dq=huang+%22represents+a+rat%22&source=bl&ots=fAUdqLy19b&sig=gYky-5Jv6-9UTOy0Jn3TsI6yRKk&hl=en&sa=X&ei=44CDVLWKMou5ygOe0oL4Dg&redir_esc=y#v=onepage&q=huang%20%22represents%20a%20rat%22&f=false

Which hexagrams did you combine and how? How is this converted into six channels? Are their other TCM inferences?

Thanks again.

ren

Offline metatronos

• G1-G50
      • View Profile
    « Reply #26 on: December 08, 2014, 12:03:56 AM »

Offline hokyau

• G301-G400
    • View Profile
    « Reply #27 on: December 11, 2014, 09:19:11 AM »
    oops missed pg 2  :-[

Is there an english version of the calculator aT http://cesuan.fututa.com/zhouyiyuncheng/ ? The output looks comprehensive ... yet to translate into english :P
    « Last Edit: December 11, 2014, 09:38:14 AM by hokyau »

Offline ren

• Contributor
    • G501++
    • View Profile
    « Reply #28 on: December 11, 2014, 09:52:40 AM »
    oops missed pg 2  :-[

Is there an English version of the calculator aT http://cesuan.fututa.com/zhouyiyuncheng/ ? The output looks comprehensive ... yet to translate into english :P

Google translator will translate whole pages and follow you as you pass thru progressive pages. I have been using Pieco translator on my androids. You can put in two charters at a time and get reasonable translates (much better than trying to piece together contextually two single characters). Post your progression.

Thanks

Offline hokyau

• G301-G400
    • View Profile
    « Reply #29 on: December 11, 2014, 09:57:38 AM »
    Thanks Ren ... Quick question - I know the answer is found in the links shared already, but very quickly, how sensitive to time is HLLS? In bazi, the time of birth is in 2hour chunks. Is it the same in HLLS? Or do you get different trigram lines say in 15minute or 30min or x min intervals? Hope you understand my question

five arts forum

« Reply #29 on: December 11, 2014, 09:57:38 AM »
    Fortune-telling / birth chart reading / predict your future services by Master Tony (aka aoefengshui). Area of interest:
    Category 1: Relationship/Peach Blossom/Marriage/Spouse/Divorce.
    Category 2: Wealth/Business/Investment/Legal Problem.
    Category 3: Career Plan/Career Move/Job Promotion/Study.
    Category 4: Health/Pregnancy/Children/Accident/Disaster.
    Category 5: The Luck of next 10 years: (Master Tony will work out your luck for next 10 years in general and point out the happening years for the important events).

Note: Master Tony will provide you the reading report in writing and also one private Q&A session afterwards. Everything to be conducted conveniently and anonymously via this forum online.

More detail | About Master Tony (aka aoefengshui) | Ask question privately | Post question in Pre-sales forum | Testimonials | View sample Fortune-telling report
    Tired of advertisement on the forum? Remove advertisement on the forum now. For detail, please click here.
    Learn fortune-telling skills from Master Tony (Purple Star Astrology / 紫微斗数 / ZWDS)

Features: Online private learning | one-on-one teaching | Everything starts from zero | 24/7 access to constantly updated learning materials | Medium of instruction: English

Tags: hlls references 

Bazi examines marriage affinity due to past life's karmic links

Started by ArtofFugueBoard Si Zhu Ba Zi (SZBZ) 四柱八字

Replies: 5
    Views: 3349
    Last post December 10, 2017, 10:10:57 PM
    by ArtofFugue
    Good I Ching Links

Started by KannonBoard 4. Art of Divination (Prediction)

Replies: 2
    Views: 1250
    Last post February 17, 2017, 12:24:50 AM
    by Yifengshui
    Karmic links between lovers and couples!

Started by ArtofFugueBoard Profound Standard

Replies: 69
    Views: 11072
    Last post July 16, 2020, 12:43:47 PM
    by xiaoming
    Karmic links between parents and children

Started by ArtofFugueBoard Profound Standard

Replies: 23
    Views: 5229
    Last post November 21, 2019, 11:45:05 AM
    by weikee
    Four Pillars of Wisdom - Free HLLS Software (English)

Started by renBoard Books, Software, Tools, and Resources

Replies: 0
    Views: 868
    Last post August 22, 2015, 11:34:53 AM
    by ren
    Karmic links, family member charts have something in common

Started by nilegemBoard Zi Wei Dou Shu (ZWDS) 紫微斗数

Replies: 1
    Views: 1638
    Last post March 31, 2017, 12:51:08 AM
    by swagoo
    I Ching related Links / Resources

Started by renBoard Miscellaneous

Replies: 0
    Views: 1115
    Last post January 19, 2015, 05:56:26 AM
    by ren
    Links: Some texts on the I Ging

Started by antiserifBoard Yi Jing Zhan Bu (YJZB)

Replies: 4
    Views: 2222
    Last post October 21, 2015, 11:15:03 PM
    by Owlbear

Disclaimer:

Your use of FiveArts.Info is at your sole risk. FiveArts.Info cannot be held responsible for the inaccuracy of the readings and information provided by its members.  FiveArts.Info owners, administrators, moderators, masters, members, partners expressly disclaim all warranties of any kind whether express or implied including but not limited to the implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.

Total visits since 2014: