• Gmulis Five Arts Software 5 1
Currently:  

Author Topic: Gmulis Five Arts Software  (Read 4236 times)

Offline ren

• Contributor
  • G501++
  • Last Login:Hidden
    • View Profile
  • Re: Gmulis Five Arts Software
    « Reply #45 on: January 19, 2018, 07:15:47 AM »
    [Hidden post: You need login to forum to see it.]
    The only love there is - is the love we make. Prince

Online Gmuli

• G501++
    • Last Login:Today at 11:10:53 PM
    • View Profile
    « Reply #46 on: January 19, 2018, 09:22:43 PM »

Offline ren

• Contributor
    • G501++
    • View Profile
    « Reply #47 on: January 20, 2018, 01:20:02 AM »
    Hi Gmuli,

http://fivearts.info/fivearts/index.php?topic=16095.msg174159#msg174159

Is this the latest version v0.7a?

Thanks.

Offline ren

• Contributor
    • G501++
    • View Profile
    « Reply #48 on: January 20, 2018, 04:03:58 AM »

Offline sleepyfreud

• G51-G100
    • Last Login:September 14, 2018, 12:58:07 AM
      • View Profile
    Re: Gmulis Five Arts Software
    « Reply #49 on: February 20, 2018, 03:33:40 AM »
    Where is the link to the TBSS app?

Offline Frank

• G1-G50
    • Last Login:September 07, 2018, 05:22:53 PM
    • View Profile

• Online Gmuli

• G501++
    • View Profile
    « Reply #51 on: February 21, 2018, 01:45:11 AM »
    Where is the link to the TBSS app?

http://fivearts.info/fivearts/index.php?topic=3341.msg173551#msg173551
    Well... That specific app is in Arts TBSS topic... But since it uses the 12k lines translated by him it has the same post requirement as his translation.

To be fair  app takes a few hours to makewhile translation like that takes a while, so in this specific case the app is just for making it easier for people that want to work with his translations and topics there.
    It doesn't have all the methods for the 4 pillars that Art has posted, just the first 6 and AP/LP, although link there may have 4 or something, will update someday.

However... Lately Im with the idea that the people using TBSS are actually using ZWDS and BaZi to set the correct lines in correct places. Because with 2 lines for each annual year and so many methods for the 4 pillars, we have a lot more then 150 lines(was around 400 if I remember and calculated it correctly back then). So I would guess they use other systems to filter right/wrong lines and maybe even to correct the ones that are kept(changing a word/sentence so it fits to the chart).
    In that sense the system will be accurate only if the person practicing it is accurate with the other system that is actually placing the lines in their places(years).

By itself if you just read them they won't be very accurate.
    So think of it as front end to BaZi or other systems. Person that goes for reading will have a lot of info to work with, but the accuracy will depend on the skills of the practitioner with other systems, won't come from calculating the lines.

Just my guess, but it does make sense with the present info.

Offline sleepyfreud

• G51-G100
    • Last Login:September 14, 2018, 12:58:07 AM
      • View Profile
    « Reply #52 on: February 21, 2018, 01:53:01 AM »
    Thanks Frank. But I cannot read Chinese.

Thanks Gmuli. I saw that thread, and saw the post count (12,000). If I post once a day, it will take 32 years (12,000 / 365). If I post ten a day, it will take three years.

I have been intending to try paid subscription. I cannot say TBSS is sufficient motivation.

But thank you to both of you.

Online Gmuli

• G501++
    • View Profile
    « Reply #53 on: March 02, 2018, 12:13:54 AM »
    Was focusing more on the WWG app lately, since there are so many bazi calculators in English and so few WWG calculators in English...
    However there were some new features and fixes here as well.
    I was wondering a lot if and when I should post update here...
    The reason for that is that some of the new features(specifically "stem/branch to date" function in Extra>Date from Characters) from programming point of view, is made in... Lets say not very optimized way.

If you don't plan to use that, can skip all info here and just download app form end of post. There are some bug fixes and some new functions, so would be nicer then previous one I think.

If you do want to use Date From Characters(and it can be very useful at times) some info about it.
    First of all I use it all the time for a while now, so can't say logically there is a problem with it, even though it makes A LOT of calculation. CPUs are made to make calculations so there is good chance there isn't a problem at all.

Even so the idea was to optimize it, however turned out in todays CPUs that takes just a few seconds even on relatively slow PC.
    And so I left it like that and I don't really have any idea to change or optimize it more, since it works for what I need it to do, well enough.
    But the way it is now, for some dates expanded it will be more then a million of steps before it finds it.
    And that does mean that using that, the app will freeze for a few seconds after we use that function and it is heavy on the CPU, so use at your own risk, or if you are worried or have problems with CPU, maybe if it is overclocked or something,  you can always just not use at all.

Another solution was just to disable this function and post the rest, but since I use it a lot and find it very helpful and I haven't seen similar function in other apps, that would be bad solution. Seems better to post and give disclaimer as well.

In short - if you are using other CPU heavy apps at the same time, or just don't want to burden the CPU don't click "Extras> Date from Characters". If you don't use that there aren't any other problems that I'm aware of.

So some info how to use if you decide to.

For complicated reasons(I can explain if someone needs and can't think of it) it won't always find the date in 1900-2020 window of years. We do say that the same 4 pillars repeat every 60 years, but that is simplified and some % of the time it won't be true, however that is very long topic.
     If the date is missing in that year span but it is possible, it can be in the previous ones, so that is why there is option for that.
    What I do is if I'm reading old book/example usually start with the previous pillars, if I'm reading something written after 1920, use the 1900-2020, with that most often it will find it right away.

There is also option to switch left to right and right to left pillars, since sometimes they are written backwards.
    It is for Day/Month/Year pillar, since Hour pillar is just 13 values with stem fixed to the DayStem, so after finding the day, can just move manually the hour pillar 'till it shows all 4.

So here is next update.

There were some new stuff added.
    *The number of the pillar in 60 Jia/Zi pillars, that can be useful for many things, I added it for the QMDJ solstice calculations, makes it easier if we have that.
    *Bug Fixes.
    *May have other stuff, don't remember what was in the last version here.
    *Date from Characters - to use that you add the characters you know and leave the rest to Any and it will find the nearest date(to 2020 or 1900 depending what you select) with that characters and any others in the places you selected "Any". If you want to use that read the info above.

Link is:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/pf19lbbk0v92l9q/Gmulis%20BaZi%20Software.exe?dl=1

Online Gmuli

• G501++
    • View Profile
    « Reply #54 on: March 11, 2018, 02:07:51 AM »
    I'm working lately on trying to implement more accurate algorithms in the bazi app.
    For that the plan is to use same data that NASA is using to predict the Sun/Moon eclipses.

We have mentioned before about the equation of time and that the formulas for calculating ecliptic longitude is in Wikipedia. What is rarely said is that formulas there are not very accurate, since it is generic equations.

So if all works out according to plan, the app will be with accuracy of +-1 second making it much more accurate then anything out there that isn't using the same libraries.
    Will also be open to explain how to use them to anyone that wants to make their own app including Solar Terms or things related to that.

When/if it is ready, will post something here with the idea of deleting this topic, and will open new one with the new app(since the whole core will be different, it may look the same but all calculations will be very, very different).

Also optimized the "chars to date" function, now instead of 43,000 * 1500 steps each it makes something like 123 x 1500 and that 1500 will change with the new way of calculating at all.

Anyway, just wanted to post something, not sure if it will be ready soon, since math is messy. : )
    When it is done, if you see there are differences of few hours between the time the Solar Term is calculated in the app and in some other place, it should be because the other place uses generic formulas, since this libraries in the app should be the most accurate thing out there.

Online Gmuli

• G501++
    • View Profile
    « Reply #55 on: March 22, 2018, 03:16:26 AM »
    Ready with the new version.

Will ask @Administrator or @moderator to delete this topic, since its full of outdated and empty links and I will post new one with the updated version of the app, with new permanent link in first post and some info about the new things added lately.

Online Administrator

• Administrator
    • G501++
    • Last Login:Today at 11:15:57 PM
    • View Profile
    « Reply #56 on: March 22, 2018, 12:19:19 PM »
    @Gmuli

please go ahead and post your new topic. After that will delete current topic.

five arts forum

« Reply #56 on: March 22, 2018, 12:19:19 PM »
    Fortune-telling / birth chart reading / predict your future services by Master Tony (aka aoefengshui). Area of interest:
    Category 1: Relationship/Peach Blossom/Marriage/Spouse/Divorce.
    Category 2: Wealth/Business/Investment/Legal Problem.
    Category 3: Career Plan/Career Move/Job Promotion/Study.
    Category 4: Health/Pregnancy/Children/Accident/Disaster.
    Category 5: The Luck of next 10 years: (Master Tony will work out your luck for next 10 years in general and point out the happening years for the important events).
    Category 6: The Luck of next 12 months: (Master Tony will work out your luck for next 12 months in general and point out the happening months for the important events.)
    Category 7: Your own Category which didn’t mention above.

Note: Master Tony will provide you the reading report in writing and also one private Q&A session afterwards. Everything to be conducted conveniently and anonymously via this forum online.

More detail | About Master Tony (aka aoefengshui) | Ask question privately | Post question in Pre-sales forum | Testimonials | View sample Fortune-telling report
    Tired of advertisement on the forum? Remove advertisement on the forum now. For detail, please click here.
    Learn fortune-telling skills from Master Tony (Purple Star Astrology / 紫微斗数 / ZWDS)

Features: Online private learning | one-on-one teaching | Everything starts from zero | 24/7 access to constantly updated learning materials | Medium of instruction: English

Tags:

Disclaimer:

Your use of FiveArts.Info is at your sole risk. FiveArts.Info cannot be held responsible for the inaccuracy of the readings and information provided by its members. FiveArts.Info owners, administrators, moderators, masters, members, partners expressly disclaim all warranties of any kind whether express or implied including but not limited to the implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.