ZWDS foundation course by Master aoefengshui. One-on-one teaching.

• Book review: Astronomical Planetary Basis of the Stars of ZWDS Astrology 5 1
Currently:  

Author Topic: Book review: Astronomical Planetary Basis of the Stars of ZWDS Astrology  (Read 2963 times)

Offline ArtofFugue

• Contributor
  • G501++
  • Last Login:Hidden
  • PRIVATE AND NON-COMMERCIAL PRACTITIONER
    • View Profile

• Actually I wanted to review this book for a very long time but keep postponing it for some reasons. The main gist of this book I have revealed here so members can read about it to have a rough idea what this book is all about. For details, refer to the book itself of course.

First I want to say I got this book free, it was shared with me by a generous someone. So my heart is “lighter” when I review it, I don’t have ringing thoughts like “I-paid-so-much-so-I-expect-so-much”.

When I read a research book, I expect answers, not speculations or opinions (eg; “might be”, “likely”, “could be”, etc). Whether the answers are debatable or acceptable by other people, it’s another story. And I’ve to say this book does it for me than another chinese astronomy book I read recently.

The research is well-done and quite comprehensive I must say. The information is well-presented in a clear manner. It wasn’t confusing to read through this book. It is very interesting to learn about the astronomical basis behind each star in Zi Wei Dou Shu astrology. If someone were to ask me, “Are the stars in ZWDS imaginary, as stated in most books?” or “Does ZWDS have any scientific basis?”, I would show him/her this book.

The only complaint I have is that the author should include at least some application part (ie; stars’ interpretations) because he stated conventional ZWDS teachings needed ‘corrections’. I’m open-minded and curious to know what are the supposed ‘adjustments’ and ‘corrections’ we need to make because all along my readings for myself and others are tallying with real life events. I may not agree with some parts of his research but I still respect his work and dedication to CM.

Hope he can include application part in next edition.
    « Last Edit: April 06, 2018, 01:10:41 PM by ArtofFugue »
    By people sharing knowledge/info publicly, the info itself does not devalue to become "common internet data which lacks credibility and needs verifying". If everyone thinks in this way, nobody would want to share anymore in order to protect the value and integrity of their knowledge.

Offline trey

• Farmer
    • G101-G300
    • Last Login:February 08, 2018, 11:24:29 AM
    • View Profile
  • Re: Book review: Astronomical Planetary Basis of the Stars of ZWDS Astrology
    « Reply #1 on: January 30, 2018, 02:25:19 AM »
    Went through the chapter that says BaZi originated from ZWDS. Absolutely crap

The author got his source from my blog that says ChenTuan and XuZiping were both hermits in mount Hua. He spinned it

and abacadabra

BaZi must be derived from ZWDS.

No Shit.

That is not an evidence. Definitely nothing scientific. It is an unfounded claim. Read the entire blog post so you can have an idea where bazi came from.

Damn I can write better than that. @ArtofFugue stop spreading this shit.

Offline Xkfan

• G101-G300
    • Last Login:October 13, 2019, 10:51:08 PM
    • View Profile
    « Reply #2 on: January 30, 2018, 10:31:33 AM »
    Went through the chapter that says BaZi originated from ZWDS. Absolutely crap

The author got his source from my blog that says ChenTuan and XuZiping were both hermits in mount Hua. He spinned it

and abacadabra

BaZi must be derived from ZWDS.

No Shit.

That is not an evidence. Definitely nothing scientific. It is an unfounded claim. Read the entire blog post so you can have an idea where bazi came from.

Damn I can write better than that. @ArtofFugue stop spreading this shit.

Haha...at last someone has pointed out some shit this fella leave.

I did say the same thing before (can't remember here or the previous fivearts). It is fengshui book he wrote on Luan Tou. Really know nothing yet wrote like he is the only person who discover this and that. Go and ask him how many mountain he walked ... how many mountain xue he see... how many mountain shape he really know.

One of many jokes he make was a tanlang mountain 'protrude nipple xue', he directly take two mountain with sharp peak like women breast as it. And the xue located at the peak. If you really bury your ancestor here, your ancestor will jump out of the coffin... This really show he never walk the dragon but directly translate from book. Use it to cheat GUILO is not a problem but don't say others people fengshui is fake and only you are teaching the real stuff.

« Last Edit: January 30, 2018, 11:05:39 AM by Xkfan »

Offline TenVirtues

• G401-G500
    • View Profile
    « Reply #3 on: January 30, 2018, 05:13:14 PM »
    I just read this book, there are some parts of this book that i agree with but there are definitely points that i completely disagree with.
    Chapter 1. The author explains the similarities of Hindu/Western/Chinese Astrology. He advocates the study of Western/Hindu(Jyotish) Astrology to better understand Chinese Astrology. This i agree with. He then goes on to explain how the Chinese unlike it's western counterparts did not calculate the precession of the equinoxes because of
    Chinese need to stick to tradition. He then goes on to explain how if we moved up one sign we would correlate directly with the Western Zodiac. As in Ox is now Western Sagittarius also Vedic Sagittarius. This i disagree with. First off Sidereal astrology does not take into account of the precession of the equinoxes because it is based on Fixed stars and the 0 degree of Ashwini Nakshatra as the beginning of Aries.
    Therefore Western Sagittarius and Vedic Sagittarius is actually 23 degrees apart using Lahiri Ayanamsa. The Chinese use 0 degrees of Spica which is exactly 180 degrees from Ashwini. Which means that both Chinese and Vedic Astrology do not account from precession of Equinoxes because there main style of Astrology is based on fixed stars rather then the precession Tropical.
    Chapter 2. The Author goes on to explain the 14 main stars represent solar/lunar phases of the planets. Yet his explanation of this goes into the signs rather then the planets. He goes onto explain the solar phase/ lunar phase represent different zodiacs. Each planet ruling two zodiacs solar/lunar Yin/Yang. Goes on to explain how the 14 stars relate to the placement of planets. Anyone who even study the basics of ZWDS know that these 14 main stars all organize in particular ways depending on the placement of which Zodiac 紫微 and 天府 is in. It is not hard to make up astronomical phenomenon's to justify fixed positions. No matter how you try to explain the placement of these stars. They all just appear in same place depending on the placement of 紫微 and 天府.
    Has nothing to do with stars representing planets and the author did not give any thorough evidence or explanation.

From chapter 3 onwards was just a mixture of the Author's explanation of this misconception and continued tries on explaining how ZWDS has links to the planets.
    Was some good read about other astrologies and even there explanation had flaws.

This book starting from chapter 1 presented major flaws and misconceptions. He did not even get the right idea between Vedic/Tropical signs.
    Goes on to try and explain how the 14 stars represented planets but presented more questions then answers.
    Overall was a pretty amusing book but could really be misleading so just like the author suggested to get a good understanding of vedic/tropical astrology before you read this book. Is a good idea so you don't get mislead by some of the misinformation he spreads.

Offline Axis

• Contributor
    • G501++
      • View Profile
    Re: Book review: Astronomical Planetary Basis of the Stars of ZWDS Astrology
    « Reply #4 on: January 30, 2018, 05:29:31 PM »
    [Hidden post: You need login to forum to see it.]

Offline TenVirtues

• G401-G500
    • View Profile
    « Reply #5 on: January 31, 2018, 04:35:14 AM »
    Hi @Axis
    Thanks for sharing, yeah the book stop making sense for me when he started to talk about the stars being planets and then went on to explain planets ruling signs. Planets ruling signs is common knowledge for astrologers but that doesn't explain how planets become stars.

Offline Axis

• Contributor
    • G501++
      • View Profile
    « Reply #6 on: January 31, 2018, 08:33:21 AM »
    [Hidden post: You need 3 karma to see it. You currently have 0. Join the paid subscription and see this hidden post now.]
    « Last Edit: January 31, 2018, 09:11:56 AM by Axis »

Offline trey

• Farmer
    • G101-G300
    • View Profile
    « Reply #7 on: January 31, 2018, 09:16:16 AM »
    My knowledge in astrology is very limited, please let me know if anything I said is incorrect.

I'm not so sure if TaiSui was invented to cater for the missing 0.14 year to account for the inaccuracy of regarding Jupiter as the 'Year Star'. I only know for sure that TaiSui is an imaginary star.

If it had been the case, the my previous comment might be invalid. And TaiSui would have been a totally different entity from Jupiter because after so many years, their movement would not be synchronized anymore.

Offline TenVirtues

• G401-G500
    • View Profile
    « Reply #8 on: January 31, 2018, 09:27:12 AM »
    I think Tai Sui, Means Vedic Jupiter if i am correct which is around 23-24 degrees from True Jupiter. So that Jupiter aligns with the constellations.

Offline Axis

• Contributor
    • G501++
      • View Profile
    « Reply #9 on: January 31, 2018, 09:29:38 AM »
    « Last Edit: January 31, 2018, 09:33:14 AM by Axis »

Offline bokeksiansu

• G501++
    • Good story
    • View Profile
    « Reply #10 on: January 31, 2018, 05:29:52 PM »
    [Hidden post: You need 10 karma to see it. You currently have 0. Join the paid subscription and see this hidden post now.]
    Free Will Free Dom Free Financial its not really Free. There is no such thing as failure. There is only sweet-and-sour reality :)

Offline TenVirtues

• G401-G500
    • View Profile
    « Reply #11 on: January 31, 2018, 06:02:13 PM »
    Actually i'm pretty sure the 太岁 star is talking about the Sidereal position of Jupiter. It can actually be proven. This is a little different from 八字 change in year. Which is based in the season. As Vedic Sidereal Position of Jupiter will change signs permanently around the same time the Chinese Year Zodiac reaches it's own Month. So last year 2017, Jupiter transits into Libra on September 12th Month of 酉 began in September 8th. We most remember that Indian Sidereal Lahiri calculations is -24 degrees, while the Chinese Sidereal calculation is more like 23.85 in a 360 degree circle. So Vedic Jupiter changes signs at approximately the same time You month begins in You year. We can say that it ran 12 month from You to You (Jupiter Year).
    2016 Aug 12 2016, Jupiter Transits into Vedic Virgo, Month of 申 begins in August 8th. This pattern is true in all cases in all years. Jupiter's sidereal position tends to transit to the next sign around the same time as the month begins for that Chinese Year signalling the end of a 12th month period. This is Astrological Year/Jupiter year.
    This seems to correspond with the idea that Sidereal position of Jupiter is the 太岁 position while the true position of Jupiter is the 岁星.

Offline Axis

• Contributor
    • G501++
      • View Profile
    « Reply #12 on: January 31, 2018, 06:20:45 PM »
    « Last Edit: January 31, 2018, 06:30:02 PM by Axis »

Offline TenVirtues

• G401-G500
    • View Profile
    « Reply #13 on: January 31, 2018, 06:33:54 PM »
    Your right @Axis I could be mistaking 岁星 for 太岁。 I forgot the ancient Chinese did not take into consideration the precession. So Jupiter is already in its sidereal position. Meaning the 太岁 would be opposite of sidereal Jupiter. Which is quite interesting because that would mean 太岁of 酉 would be in pieces. While sidereal Jupiter will be in Virgo.
    This is interesting because I would consider the sign of Virgo to relate more to the characteristics of 酉 then Pisces.
    I am guessing the 岁星 still represent the yearly zodiac and the 太岁 is the marker of Jupiters descendant and doesn't represent the yearly zodiac sign.
    « Last Edit: January 31, 2018, 06:36:18 PM by TenVirtues »

Offline trey

• Farmer
    • G101-G300
    • View Profile
    « Reply #14 on: January 31, 2018, 09:08:47 PM »
    Actually, TaiSui represents the Zodiac because they were created that way.

Jupiter moves across the sky from the west to the east, here is the table from wikipedia in its 12 分野 FenYe

https://zh.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E5%B2%81%E6%98%9F%E7%BA%AA%E5%B9%B4

While TaiSui moves across the sky from the east to the west in the direction of the 12 branches. It really is an imaginary star that doesn't exist.

Next year TaiSui is Wu Xu, which is also the Annual Pillar.

In folklore, there are 60 TaiSuis taking turns to govern each year. When the year pillar of the BaZi clash, punish, harm etc with the annual pillar, it is said to be Clashing TaiSui, Harming TaiSui etc and we have to go to the temple to pray to 'solve TaiSui'

five arts forum

« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2018, 09:08:47 PM »
    Fortune-telling / birth chart reading / predict your future services by Master Tony (aka aoefengshui). Area of interest:
    Category 1: Relationship/Peach Blossom/Marriage/Spouse/Divorce.
    Category 2: Wealth/Business/Investment/Legal Problem.
    Category 3: Career Plan/Career Move/Job Promotion/Study.
    Category 4: Health/Pregnancy/Children/Accident/Disaster.
    Category 5: The Luck of next 10 years: (Master Tony will work out your luck for next 10 years in general and point out the happening years for the important events).
    Category 6: The Luck of next 12 months: (Master Tony will work out your luck for next 12 months in general and point out the happening months for the important events.)
    Category 7: Your own Category which didn’t mention above.

Note: Master Tony will provide you the reading report in writing and also one private Q&A session afterwards. Everything to be conducted conveniently and anonymously via this forum online.

More detail | About Master Tony (aka aoefengshui) | Ask question privately | Post question in Pre-sales forum | Testimonials | View sample Fortune-telling report
    Tired of advertisement on the forum? Remove advertisement on the forum now. For detail, please click here.
    Learn fortune-telling skills from Master Tony (Purple Star Astrology / 紫微斗数 / ZWDS)

Features: Online private learning | one-on-one teaching | Everything starts from zero | 24/7 access to constantly updated learning materials | Medium of instruction: English
    Bazi reading service:
    Click here to view detail | Real Bazi reading reports (coming soon)

Tags:

Relationship Advice - Bazi / ZWDS

Started by Chariot84Board Request for birth chart reading [FREE]

Replies: 1
    Views: 113
    Last post October 14, 2019, 10:03:49 AM
    by rainmaster
    4 Girls and 1 Guy - Bazi / ZWDS analysis

Started by ultimaweaponBoard Request for birth chart reading [FREE]

Replies: 5
    Views: 148
    Last post October 10, 2019, 10:52:18 AM
    by lilac_adv
    Kindly Bazi and/or ZWDS reading-2019 belive I hit rock bottom

Started by MirePireBoard Request for birth chart reading [FREE]

Replies: 9
    Views: 367
    Last post October 02, 2019, 08:46:36 PM
    by TianQi
    How to activate Facing Stars in NW, NE, W and S?

Started by rainmasterBoard Feng Shui

Replies: 0
    Views: 46
    Last post September 21, 2019, 09:24:10 AM
    by rainmaster
    Peach blossom stars at property

Started by weekianBoard Zi Wei Dou Shu (ZWDS) 紫微斗数

Views: 87
    Last post September 20, 2019, 03:24:10 PM
    by weekian
    Mohon bantuan dibacakan bazi dan zwds yaaa 🙏🙏

Started by RanranBoard Konsultasi Terbuka

Replies: 7
    Views: 255
    Last post October 10, 2019, 02:05:09 PM
    by Yogiverigud
    Are the stars in the kid's palace really so bad?

Started by axelBoard Request for birth chart reading [FREE]

Views: 126
    Last post September 13, 2019, 07:55:51 PM
    by windwheel
    Please read my zwds

Started by JadelineBoard Zi Wei Dou Shu (ZWDS) 紫微斗数

Replies: 7
    Views: 264
    Last post September 26, 2019, 07:58:38 PM
    by NMD1997
    胡一鸣 (Hu Yi Ming) 阴阳法风水学 - 堪舆精论 Book Review

Started by TianQiBoard Feng Shui

Replies: 3
    Views: 163
    Last post September 11, 2019, 10:22:08 AM
    by rotiprata
    ZWDS Books Translation

Started by fanBoard Zi Wei Dou Shu (ZWDS) 紫微斗数

Replies: 22
    Views: 958
    Last post September 15, 2019, 05:56:37 PM
    by fan
    Spiritual, possessed, religion, astrology

Started by nilegemBoard Zi Wei Dou Shu (ZWDS) 紫微斗数

Views: 89
    Last post August 13, 2019, 06:21:43 PM
    by nilegem
    Shen sha stars in my natal chart

Started by Regina0806Board Request for birth chart reading [FREE]

Replies: 6
    Views: 310
    Last post August 10, 2019, 01:38:23 PM
    by j27945
    Destined to be alone and without children? - ZWDS / Bazi

Started by momoBoard Request for birth chart reading [FREE]

Replies: 11
    Views: 537
    Last post August 08, 2019, 05:37:45 AM
    by momo
    Request for relationship luck reading BZ/ZWDS

Started by JoyBoard Request for birth chart reading [FREE]

Replies: 13
    Views: 320
    Last post August 06, 2019, 02:08:09 AM
    by senators613
    Astrology and Bazi no longer accurate because birth is not natural (Gauqelin)

Started by nilegemBoard 3. Art of Life (Birthchart Analysis)

Views: 250
    Last post September 23, 2019, 02:33:33 AM
    by plutokratiya
    Bazi/ ZWDS reading for career and studies

Started by CokebearBoard Request for birth chart reading [FREE]

Replies: 2
    Views: 209
    Last post August 06, 2019, 07:58:32 AM
    by j27945
    The Flying Stars in ZWDS

Started by rainmasterBoard Zi Wei Dou Shu (ZWDS) 紫微斗数

Replies: 2
    Views: 246
    Last post July 13, 2019, 11:34:06 PM
    by ArtofFugue
    ZWDS - What is Hua and self Hua?

Started by RedBirdieBoard Request for birth chart reading [FREE]

Views: 372
    Last post July 14, 2019, 12:10:20 AM
    by RedBirdie
    Please read my ZWDS chart

Started by AgataSantulliBoard Zi Wei Dou Shu (ZWDS) 紫微斗数

Replies: 10
    Views: 399
    Last post July 22, 2019, 12:29:11 AM
    by senators613

Started by AgataSantulliBoard Request for birth chart reading [FREE]

Views: 94
    Last post July 02, 2019, 09:35:17 PM
    by AgataSantulli
    Flying Stars Property Natal Chart Question

Started by burtfloBoard Request for birth chart reading [FREE]

Views: 142
    Last post June 30, 2019, 10:54:46 AM
    by j27945
    Numbers next to stars, what does it mean?

Started by RedBirdieBoard Zi Wei Dou Shu (ZWDS) 紫微斗数

Views: 191
    Last post June 28, 2019, 03:09:20 PM
    by RedBirdie

Started by dennistBoard Request for birth chart reading [FREE]

Replies: 21
    Views: 618
    Last post July 01, 2019, 12:01:32 PM
    by dennist
    Nine Flying Stars

Started by GmuliBoard Xuan Kong Fei Xing

Views: 129
    Last post June 18, 2019, 12:08:58 AM
    by Gmuli
    Please advise me my marriage / love luck with Bazi + ZWDS

Replies: 16
    Views: 639
    Last post June 19, 2019, 12:15:47 PM
    by ultimaweapon
    ZWDS - Di Kong and Di Jie combined?

Started by RedBirdieBoard Request for birth chart reading [FREE]

Replies: 45
    Views: 1610
    Last post August 09, 2019, 10:02:44 PM
    by Gui
    Please advise me my marriage / love luck ZWDS

Replies: 50
    Views: 1248
    Last post June 15, 2019, 08:35:07 AM
    by ultimaweapon
    Please read my bazi/ zwds

Started by donaldpywBoard Request for birth chart reading [FREE]

Replies: 6
    Views: 337
    Last post June 13, 2019, 04:07:52 PM
    by Joey
    Free ZWDS Resources

Started by fanBoard Zi Wei Dou Shu (ZWDS) 紫微斗数

Replies: 4
    Views: 649
    Last post July 11, 2019, 11:52:42 PM
    by Axis
    ZWDS

Started by gentlejokerBoard Request for birth chart reading [FREE]

Replies: 23
    Views: 656
    Last post June 11, 2019, 08:38:09 PM
    by gentlejoker

Disclaimer:

Your use of FiveArts.Info is at your sole risk. FiveArts.Info cannot be held responsible for the inaccuracy of the readings and information provided by its members.  FiveArts.Info owners, administrators, moderators, masters, members, partners expressly disclaim all warranties of any kind whether express or implied including but not limited to the implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.

Total visits since 2014: