• Gmulis Bazi Calculator 5 1
Currently:  

Author Topic: Gmulis Bazi Calculator  (Read 1740 times)

Online senators613

• Contributor
  • G501++
  • Last Login:Today at 11:09:24 AM
    • View Profile
Re: Gmulis Bazi Calculator
« Reply #30 on: August 16, 2018, 11:34:21 PM »
thanks Gmuli

Offline Gmuli

• G501++
  • Last Login:Hidden
  • Gone.
    • View Profile
  • Re: Gmulis Bazi Calculator
    « Reply #31 on: August 17, 2018, 02:49:50 AM »
    ty : )
    Just a very small addition, now if we set wallpaper.png file in the directory the exe is at, it will show that as background(can also be one solid color), also some small fixes.
    Gone.

Offline socrates

• G501++
    • Last Login:December 08, 2018, 11:09:22 PM
      • View Profile
    « Reply #32 on: August 19, 2018, 07:24:06 PM »
    Hi.
    This is the new topic for the Gmulis Bazi Calculator app.
    This is free bazi calculator app working with the Chinese Solar Calendar and implementing some of the more rarely used calculations in the forum(things like House of Conception Aura or Self Combining Pillars - more info about all that in the topics around the forum and in translations here).

In the first post here we will have the link that will stay for any future updates(unless the hosting site changes something). If in the future you see a post mentioning what is updated without link, that is happening because the updates are always in the same link. Link is the same, the app behind it will be updated.

Link for downloading right now is this(will post it again at the end of the post, so easier to find for new people without reading the whole post):
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/pf19lbbk0v92l9q/Gmulis%20BaZi%20Software.exe?dl=1

So what is new?
    • Now we can click on any stem/branch and it will show additional info and its relation to the main 4 pillars. That includes the stems/branches from "Compare Date" or from Luck Pillars below.
    • Traditional vs Modern hidden heavenly stems are moved to the View menu now. Traditional heavenly stems are usually more then modern ones, they are used in classical texts and if you use concepts like Month Commander(DHHS called sometimes), that is basically based on that same arrangement.
    • The Char to Date function is optimized now. It will make less then 130 checkes for almost any date. The only situation when it will make as much checks as before is if you leave year and month pillars all to Any and you add invalid Day Pillar. In other cases, should be done, right away without much calculations now. Feel free to use it now, it is very well optimized.
    • Traveling horses can be calculated by Year or Day, that is in the menu as well.

One new addition is that now the calculator will calculate the Sun's longitude based on the given time and date.

Solar Terms(so the month in Chinese Solar Calendar as well) change based on the Sun's longitude. Basically every 15 degrees we have one more Solar Term and every 30 degrees we have a new Month.

Now, while the main 4 pillars calculate in the old way, since I said before that this is the way I'm working with the months(they can't change in the middle of the day, since they represent mass consciousness), so I want it like that.
    However it seems fair to have some alternative for people that want to work with the exact time the Solar Term starts.

Since all this have more then a few different ways of calculating, the time given here very often will be different then the time in observatories in HK and US.
    The reasons for that are a few.

First you need to add or substract your time zone. So if you are looking at the time the Solar Term started in China, you need to fix the 8 hours, since you will be 8 hours away from the UTC(universal coordinated time).

Even with that there will be a difference, sometimes 10-15 minutes, sometimes a lot more. The reason for that are a few as well. This algorithms used here(called VSOP87), are what NASA uses to predict eclipses. Considering that they are very, very accurate, but they aren't made specifically for the Sun, they can calculate any planets position from the center of the planet to the center of the other planet(or star/Sun in our case).

This is one difference. The other part comes from the difference between Apparent Longitude(https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apparent_longitude) and True Longitude(https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/True_longitude).
    Now, as I mentioned this algorithms are often used for predicting the exact time of an eclipse. For that we need the Apparent Longitude of the Planet,because we don't care where it actually is, we care how we will see it from the Earth.

So the question becomes, are the Solar Terms based on the actual position of the Sun(true), or they are based on how the position looks from Earth(apparent)?

Most observatories, calculators and websites would give the apparent one, since people are interested in what they see. However in the app we calculate the actual positions of the Sun and Earth(True Longitude).

Considering that there will be a difference with other websites often.

Is this more accurate?As I said, I'm not working with the idea that Solar Terms can change in the middle of the day, so I'm still going to use the main 4 pillars anyway.
    For people that want Solar Terms changing based on time, this is just an alternative, that mathematically speaking is cleaner. Is it better, will come to the question does the Solar Term change based on the position of the Sun(True Longitude), or based on our view to the Sun(Apparent Longitude).

So how does it work. Just look at the field called Solar Term and below it will be the current Solar Term and month. So if you see in there Mao(Rabbit) as it is now that means we are still in Mao month. During the day the Solar Term changes you will see that that will change in different moment then the month pillar. It will basically change when the upper field(Suns Ecliptical Longitude)reaches 15 degrees.

Link is here:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/pf19lbbk0v92l9q/Gmulis%20BaZi%20Software.exe?dl=1
    That's it, enjoy! : )

i always get danger warnings when downloadoing this,are you sure its vírus free?

Offline Gmuli

• G501++
    • Gone.
    • View Profile
    « Reply #33 on: August 19, 2018, 09:12:26 PM »
    I can't do much about that, these are safeguards that are easy to skip for big corporations, but difficult for people that are doing this for free on their own.
    The way it is made it only connects to the net if you click link that says "Online" and that will only open a webpage in your default browser.Only changes it makes to your hard disk are the .txt files it doesn't even create temporal files.

I can't make it safer then that, but digital signature and stuff like that are expensive I think, not even sure I can get one without having a company.
    However there is a good news here. There are ways to be able to use and run app, without allowing it to change anything in your pc.

I will explain 2 ways that can work for anyone to use any app that is otherwise worrisome(be that coz it doesn't have signature or other similar reasons).

First way is apps like Sandboxie.
    Sandboxie is a sort of virtualization, it allows us to run apps that are run in their own space, without any way for them to interact with our system.
    Even more useful for stuff like Five Arts apps, as in there we can just see the result without saving any changes.

The app in its free edition allows all that to be used, it just have messages that are removed in payed version. Also there are some advanced function in payed version, but all needed can be done in free one. Link is here:

https://www.sandboxie.com/

Now, lets say we are really, really worried about app. So worried that we don't want it to run on our machine at all(as there are viruses that can mess up hardware, so sometimes that can be reasonable concern).

But we still want to see what it does.
    For that we need a lot more effort, however once we have it running we can run any app on it without worry.

We need full virtualization this time, not only files in safe space, but actual virtual hardware. It is something like what sandboxie does, but this time a whole system is emulated and run in that space.

For that we can use software like Oracles VirtualBox.
    This allows us to install virtual machine with its own virtual hardware. If there is virus, nothing can get to our system.

Oracles VirtualBox is also fully free.

https://www.virtualbox.org/

Now, I'm not saying we should run apps we think may be dangerous. But in todays world there is so much level of protection,warnings and safeguards on any software uploaded in the net, that very often small developers(even more so in apps made for free without a company related to them) will have a lot of issues going over all of that.

So in short - there isn't much I can do about that at this point. There are ways to be more comfortable using the apps, but it is free software after all and I can't afford the stuff it will need to get it looking fully like professional one.

Gone.

Online Administrator

• Administrator
    • G501++
    • Last Login:Today at 10:27:00 AM
    • View Profile
    « Reply #34 on: August 19, 2018, 09:21:37 PM »
    @Gmuli

did you mean this certificate? It is possible for individual but not worth it ;D

Taken from here: https://fivearts.info/fivearts/index.php?topic=3244.0

Offline Gmuli

• G501++
    • Gone.
    • View Profile
    « Reply #35 on: August 19, 2018, 09:24:19 PM »
    Yea, stuff is made to squish the small developers... : ' (
    Gone.

Online Administrator

• Administrator
    • G501++
    • Last Login:Today at 10:27:00 AM
    • View Profile
    « Reply #36 on: August 19, 2018, 09:28:55 PM »
    Yea, stuff is made to squish the small developers... : ' (

These key pairs are FREE if we self generated. But they sell them for triple digits USD. This is madness and outright crime.

Offline sleepyfreud

• G51-G100
    • Last Login:December 16, 2018, 09:08:05 AM
      • View Profile
    « Reply #37 on: August 20, 2018, 09:03:18 AM »
    socrates:

Any antivirus software will always issue a warning if you run a file with the .exe extension. But if you scan Gmuli's software with AVG (free antivirus), it will say it is safe. I have not had any problems with Gmuli's software. I have downloaded two - the Bazi calculator and the Wen Wang Gua Calculator.

One who wishes to hack into your system will not identify himself. Gmuli is well identified here, and the Administrator has his identity info. So it should not be a cause for concern to download software from one who shares freely.

Offline ognyanv

• G1-G50
    • Last Login:December 16, 2018, 02:38:48 AM
    • View Profile
    « Reply #38 on: August 20, 2018, 01:02:09 PM »
    Hey, I think Gmuli deserves a monument and not distrustful notes.
    I have been in Five Arts' communities 30+ years and I have rarely seen a person so dedicated to distribute real and preciouis knowledge.
    Though unlike him, I am convinced everything must be 1)earned by hard labour and commitment and 2)paid, even symbolically.
    If you give the hungry one a fish instead of a fishing rod, he will most probably not find it satisfactory (I mean,the fish. And the approach,too).
    Of course, a little common knowledge on IT protection will not harm anyone.

socrates:

Any antivirus software will always issue a warning if you run a file with the .exe extension. But if you scan Gmuli's software with AVG (free antivirus), it will say it is safe. I have not had any problems with Gmuli's software. I have downloaded two - the Bazi calculator and the Wen Wang Gua Calculator.

One who wishes to hack into your system will not identify himself. Gmuli is well identified here, and the Administrator has his identity info. So it should not be a cause for concern to download software from one who shares freely.
    « Last Edit: August 20, 2018, 01:03:58 PM by ognyanv »

Offline Gmuli

• G501++
    • Gone.
    • View Profile
    « Reply #39 on: August 20, 2018, 05:05:51 PM »
    Thanks.
    If someone is really worried we can test how the app interacts(what changes it can make in the system etc.),but it should be the same as what is described above.

Overall, the same rule applies as with any free software - if you don't feel comfortable for any reason, just don't use it. : )
    Gone.

Offline socrates

• G501++
    • Last Login:December 08, 2018, 11:09:22 PM
      • View Profile
    « Reply #40 on: August 22, 2018, 06:23:18 AM »
    Thanks.
    If someone is really worried we can test how the app interacts(what changes it can make in the system etc.),but it should be the same as what is described above.

Overall, the same rule applies as with any free software - if you don't feel comfortable for any reason, just don't use it. : )

thanks for the reassurance
    this happens a lot these days,the ms said- gmuli is normally not recommended or something like that,but i had no problema so far

Offline Gmuli

• G501++
    • Gone.
    • View Profile
    « Reply #41 on: September 26, 2018, 08:43:51 PM »
    As the apps become more, it seems fair to have some bibliography/mention of sources.

Will start with the BaZi app. In the future may move it to the app in Help>About.

House of Conception Auro, House of Life, House of Body, House of Conception, Images to stems and branches:
    ArtofFugue topics in here(Five Arts Forums)

Function:Stable/Unstable Pillars
     Jlim topic in here(Five Arts Forums)

Function:Mount Commander, Traditional Hidden Stems,
    Source:duesouth translation of ZPZQPZ

28 Lunar Mansions:
    http://anniepecheva.blogspot.com/2011/12/few-years-ago-i-bought-chinese-book-on.html
    (the calculation itself can be found in many places)

Sun longitude and time of Solar Terms:
    http://neoprogrammics.com/vsop87/
    Along with some other websites I can't find currently.

True Solar Time:

This is implemented 1:1 from a web page in javascript that was part of a free book, I just rewrote it to VB. But I can't find it right now. Hopefully someday will come up again.

The rest is general knowledge and can be found in multiple sources.Tell me if I missed something.

Gone.

Offline Gmuli

• G501++
    • Gone.
    • View Profile
    « Reply #42 on: November 02, 2018, 03:37:34 AM »
    Members have mentioned that the calculator is starting to get cluttered.
    So instead of making different views with different things showing, there are some new functions added.

One is Year > Hour from left to right, as most mang pai translations follow this.

The other is File > View > Designer.

Designer is a mode of working of the app where you can move freely any element on it, including the date/hour selector.

In that way if you don't want to see specific text you can just move it out of view. If oyu want other places of some of the controls that is easy to do as well.

Example here of how it looks with branches moved on top of the extra info below(solid pillars etc), most of the controls dragged out of the screen, also one of the luck pillars pulled up for easier work with it.

How to use:

Go in View and click Designer.
    It gets a checked sign next to it meaning its active.
    Now every control can move around with drag and drop.
    Do all changes you want to do.
    Can move elements out of screen, set on top of each other or anything else you can think of.
    Some of them won't move alone, for example Year Stem image won't move by itself it will move with the Year Stem group - that is, so it doesn't become more messy then needed.
    As soon as you are done you go View>Designer again and when you click to disable it it will make a file called "options.txt" where all new controls and positions will be saved.

That is helpful for 2 reasons.
    First you can always delete it to go back to the default way.
    Second it means everytime the app starts it will look in the way you made it.
    Right now resizing the window will work in a different way then usual, allowing to make the whole app more compact, but it isn't saved. As soon as designer is turned off it goes back to old mode of resizing.

Enjoy and feel free to post if you have made some nicer designs. : )

P.S. It isn't up yet, new version will be in the link in a few days so I can be sure it all works ok. Won't post another post, just check in 3-4 days should be there if all is fine.

five arts forum

« Reply #42 on: November 02, 2018, 03:37:34 AM »
    Fortune-telling / birth chart reading / predict your future services by Master Tony (aka aoefengshui). Area of interest:
    Category 1: Relationship/Peach Blossom/Marriage/Spouse/Divorce.
    Category 2: Wealth/Business/Investment/Legal Problem.
    Category 3: Career Plan/Career Move/Job Promotion/Study.
    Category 4: Health/Pregnancy/Children/Accident/Disaster.
    Category 5: The Luck of next 10 years: (Master Tony will work out your luck for next 10 years in general and point out the happening years for the important events).
    Category 6: The Luck of next 12 months: (Master Tony will work out your luck for next 12 months in general and point out the happening months for the important events.)
    Category 7: Your own Category which didn’t mention above.

Note: Master Tony will provide you the reading report in writing and also one private Q&A session afterwards. Everything to be conducted conveniently and anonymously via this forum online.

More detail | About Master Tony (aka aoefengshui) | Ask question privately | Post question in Pre-sales forum | Testimonials | View sample Fortune-telling report
    Tired of advertisement on the forum? Remove advertisement on the forum now. For detail, please click here.
    Learn fortune-telling skills from Master Tony (Purple Star Astrology / 紫微斗数 / ZWDS)

Features: Online private learning | one-on-one teaching | Everything starts from zero | 24/7 access to constantly updated learning materials | Medium of instruction: English
    Bazi reading service:
    Click here to view detail | Real Bazi reading reports (coming soon)

Tags:

My brother now is broke , he hopeless help me read his bazi

Started by tancising0Board Request for birth chart reading [FREE]

Replies: 10
    Views: 151
    Last post December 11, 2018, 05:00:13 PM
    by tancising0
    Help reading relationship bazi

Started by mayer2816Board Request for birth chart reading [FREE]

Replies: 8
    Views: 153
    Last post December 10, 2018, 10:47:44 PM
    by j27945
    Please help me with bazi reading

Started by IrisBoard Request for birth chart reading [FREE]

Replies: 10
    Views: 206
    Last post December 07, 2018, 08:24:22 PM
    by Iris
    Para Master Tolong Baca BAZi saya

Started by sistem3186Board Request for birth chart reading [FREE]

Replies: 4
    Views: 181
    Last post December 09, 2018, 05:17:04 PM
    by sistem3186
    Bazi reading launch day special discount

Started by AdministratorBoard Chinese Astrology classes and services

Replies: 0
    Views: 74
    Last post December 05, 2018, 04:45:07 PM
    by Administrator
    New to Bazi, requesting birth chart reading.

Started by daodxBoard Request for birth chart reading [FREE]

Replies: 8
    Views: 202
    Last post December 05, 2018, 12:09:43 PM
    by tea
    IMBALANCED BAZI CHART

Started by Gene79Board Request for birth chart reading [FREE]

Replies: 1
    Views: 94
    Last post December 04, 2018, 07:48:08 AM
    by j27945
    BAZI HELP ME - MOVING TO AUTRALIA

Started by Gene79Board Request for birth chart reading [FREE]

Views: 131
    Last post December 03, 2018, 09:10:06 AM
    by Gene79
    Questions on bazi combine

Started by CastorBoard Request for birth chart reading [FREE]

Replies: 2
    Views: 118
    Last post November 29, 2018, 11:41:43 AM
    by Castor
    Calculating The Bazi - Karin Taylor Wu

Started by niloxBoard Books, Software, Tools, and Resources

Replies: 1
    Views: 80
    Last post November 25, 2018, 03:28:00 PM
    by Administrator
    Bazi articles/archives...

Started by AxisBoard Si Zhu Ba Zi Knowledge Base

Views: 81
    Last post November 12, 2018, 09:20:50 PM
    by Axis
    Introducing New Online Flying Star Zi Wei Dou Shu Calculator (Free)

Started by fanBoard Books, Software, Tools, and Resources

Replies: 21
    Views: 550
    Last post December 13, 2018, 02:00:39 PM
    by nilox
    Online ZWDS Calculator

Started by fanBoard Miscellaneous casual talks

Replies: 23
    Views: 651
    Last post November 29, 2018, 11:47:00 AM
    by fan
    Bazi analysis for my daughters

Started by wyjBoard Request for birth chart reading [FREE]

Replies: 6
    Views: 247
    Last post October 25, 2018, 10:40:10 AM
    by wyj
    Signs of Autism in Bazi

Started by ArtofFugueBoard Si Zhu Ba Zi (SZBZ) 四柱八字

Views: 349
    Last post November 25, 2018, 08:56:10 AM
    by nilox
    Tolong bacakan Bazi anak ini

Started by jyisBoard Astrologi Delapan Karakter (Ba Zi)

Views: 139
    Last post October 20, 2018, 08:23:56 PM
    by jyis
    can anyone help me analyse this bazi chart? Is there any structure here?

Started by albertwuBoard Si Zhu Ba Zi (SZBZ) 四柱八字

Replies: 13
    Views: 341
    Last post November 01, 2018, 03:35:45 PM
    by albertwu
    Rare bazi

Started by babysammiBoard Request for birth chart reading [FREE]

Views: 146
    Last post October 20, 2018, 03:20:19 AM
    by babysammi
    Love Problems, Karma or BAZI?

Started by edoradoBoard Request for birth chart reading [FREE]

Replies: 7
    Views: 385
    Last post October 23, 2018, 01:45:44 PM
    by johnyqi
    Bazi Chart Reading regarding an accident

Started by scitzoBoard Request for birth chart reading [FREE]

Replies: 5
    Views: 299
    Last post October 03, 2018, 02:06:41 PM
    by scitzo
    MY SPOUSE ACCORDING MY BAZI

Views: 209
    Last post September 29, 2018, 06:34:50 PM
    by tancising0
    Does monkey punish tiger or the reverse in bazi

Started by CottonBoard Si Zhu Ba Zi Knowledge Base

Replies: 9
    Views: 473
    Last post October 23, 2018, 02:57:18 PM
    by niwij
    UNIQUE BAZI CHART , HELP ME

Replies: 6
    Views: 375
    Last post September 23, 2018, 08:32:53 PM
    by tancising0
    Wealth Luck According My bazi

Replies: 7
    Views: 386
    Last post October 07, 2018, 06:23:55 PM
    by tancising0
    spouse's bazi effect

Started by teaBoard Request for birth chart reading [FREE]

Views: 272
    Last post September 19, 2018, 04:33:04 PM
    by tea
    Inconsistent rules in bazi

Started by socratesBoard Si Zhu Ba Zi (SZBZ) 四柱八字

Views: 182
    Last post September 16, 2018, 09:34:15 PM
    by socrates
    Extremely strong day master bazi

Replies: 3
    Views: 252
    Last post September 21, 2018, 12:59:28 PM
    by scitzo
    Extremely strong day master bazi

Started by tancising0Board Birth chart analysis for famous / infamous people

Views: 208
    Last post September 15, 2018, 03:34:04 PM
    by tancising0
    Help me by explain my bazi chart

Replies: 3
    Views: 242
    Last post September 14, 2018, 04:16:53 PM
    by tancising0
    Request for read my BaZi

Started by AsengricBoard Request for birth chart reading [FREE]

Views: 251
    Last post September 19, 2018, 01:43:22 AM
    by Asengric

Disclaimer:

Your use of FiveArts.Info is at your sole risk. FiveArts.Info cannot be held responsible for the inaccuracy of the readings and information provided by its members.  FiveArts.Info owners, administrators, moderators, masters, members, partners expressly disclaim all warranties of any kind whether express or implied including but not limited to the implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.

Total visits since 2014: