Bazi Reading & Practice Case Study
ZWDS foundation course by Master aoefengshui. One-on-one teaching.

Author Topic: Bazi Reading & Practice Case Study  (Read 842 times)

Online Gmuli

• G501++
  • Last Login:Today at 06:32:26 PM
    • View Profile
  • Re: Bazi Reading & Practice Case Study
    « Reply #15 on: May 10, 2018, 11:29:28 PM »
    My lunar birthday is 18/09/1992 so it falls on the 18th day of Xu month. Does it mean that the month commander is still Xin (day 1 to day 9) stem or Xu stem (day 13 to day 30) and am I a weak daymaster or still a solid/strong daymaster? I’m not sure if my understanding is correct so would love if you can clarify any incorrect assumptions.

There are so many different approaches and styles out there, I can't say correct or incorrect, but I can try to explain my view to it.

In my humble opinion there are some fundamental differences between the Solar and Lunar calendar, making the Solar a great tool when combined with systems like BaZi and WWG, while making the Lunar very good tool for ZWDS.

May be long to go into it, but in short - when working with BaZi we usually just work with the Solar Calendar.

For Month Commander, there is one more reason there. As the concept works connected to the Solar Terms, it has to be connected to the Solar Calendar, as there are no Solar Terms in the lunar(each Solar Term is 30 degrees of the Sun longitude when calculated form Earth, so it is very much based on the Sun).

In short - this is all just for the Solar Calendar, Lunar is more related to Purple Star(ZWDS).
    If we look how both calendars work there are very important reasons for that, but that is another topic.

Yes the hidden stems of Ding are buried in the storage of Xu and my natal chart has combinations of Dog and Rabbit that can be transformed into fire. However I believe it can’t transform because lack of fire (bing or ding) in heavenly stem. Nevertheless, I’m currently in my 10 years luck pillar that has yin fire (Ding) heavenly stem. Does it mean that it can transform or would the Ding Fire be too occupied with combining with my day master (Ren) to become wood instead?

When it comes to the Earth Branches I like Mang Pai approach. It can be seen in traditional as well, but rarely. We view them as Tombs/Storages of an element. In this case Xu is Tomb of Fire. Meaning it contains unlimited amounts of fire in it. However it is closed.

In times of your life it is open it will bring endless amounts of fire in the chart. Then when closed again that will disappear
    That doesn't have connection to the hidden stems, so it isn't Ding that comes up, it's just fire.

How did you assign the spouse star Gmuli? Can you elaborate more on

Traditionally we look for the Officer for female. However in this case as Officer is in Day Branch, that can't be it(as Day Branch represents Spouse Star only in very few cases).

However it extends to the month. Then we have Geng on top of it. So Geng as resource on top of the Officer can be viewed as spouse star.
    Making Geng the main representation. However Shen in the year can be viewed as physical representation of Geng(as main hidden stem of Shen would be Geng), so we can say that Shen represents Geng and the other way around.
    In that case we can view Shen and the images connected to it as connected to the Spouse Star.

Another view would be that Mao is spouse star as it does have combination to Day Branch and it is Output(that can replace officer in some cases).
    However Mao seems to be more related to your kid later in life(Output / Hour - 2 images of kid, instead of spouse star). So the combination from there to hour pillar becomes just you close to your kid, nothing to do with spouse. Combination from Hour to Month, means kid also close to their father as we view the Geng as representing him and that is on top of Xu.

This also prompt me to think of one of the Bazi auxiliary stars, which is Yin Yang Mix Up (陰差陽錯日).

I'm not using Symbolic Stars in BaZi usually(with very few exceptions). When it comes to BaZi I prefer using the interactions of the elements. Stars doesn't seem to fit the way I view it.

For that specific star, looking at the 12 pillars included it seems its connected to branch being same or controlling element to the stem and same polarity in main qi, more often then not.
    However as I don't use stars I haven't tested and have no idea if it will actually work. I doubt it, though, most of the Shen Sha I have checked on multiple charts doesn't seem to work very well. Or at all, really.

Offline windwheel

• G401-G500
    • Last Login:Hidden
    • View Profile
    « Reply #16 on: May 10, 2018, 11:48:30 PM »
    Your chart at middle between strong weak. At Hs water and metal and rooted at shen but shen at year pillar so far from Day master. So in conclusion your chart weak but not weak, strong but not strong. Its in the middle in best words, i think.

Different reader can make different opinion about strong weak so better we focus on yong shen for your chart. South sector si wu wei is good LP for your chart.

But for bing ding its different. Bing, ding make 3 water fighting each other get wealth its sign loss money in worst case because 2 water stand by to rob or get wealth.

Xu month protude geng already good because killing support metal and metal will support water. Too much rob is a not good thing so its means your wealth luck a bit up and down.

Wu earth come combine with gui means loss first related power and authority but in the end you can get wealth.

Ji earth a bit complicated 1 side its clash with gui. Throw away rob and support geng its good, but sometimes ren water doesnt like ji earth because its make water dirty. So just take care dont make something against law, it will be ok when ji earth come.

You rooster come its a not good if clash with mao. Clash with mao make qi not smooth. All your friend rob normally will go to mao. Its better combine with xu shen so qi more smooth. Metal means desire or etc related resource clash with output at hour pillar related career, peach blossom so its not good thing.

Yin tiger also will clash with shen. Its related movement.  So if Yin LP come better not make decision related movement.

Zi, hai, chou Lp its ok.
    Shen, xu LP its ok.

Mao, chen LP its ok.

So my opinion the best LP si wu wei.
    « Last Edit: May 10, 2018, 11:51:50 PM by windwheel »

Offline Fifi

• G1-G50
    • Last Login:August 13, 2018, 10:05:10 AM
    • View Profile
    « Reply #17 on: May 11, 2018, 07:01:56 AM »
    Thank you Gmuli for your replies. I always look forward to seeing your replies as it teaches and stimulate me to think 🤓

In my humble opinion there are some fundamental differences between the Solar and Lunar calendar, making the Solar a great tool when combined with systems like BaZi and WWG, while making the Lunar very good tool for ZWDS.

Yes now I understand that Bazi uses solar calendar because of the Yang Dog (Xu) month being the 9th month in the lunar calendar, I assumed that it was the lunar calendar was used. I’m still confused about Yin Metal Xin being my month commander and not Yang Earth Wu though because

Xū month    Cold Dew after
    Xīn metal - 9 days, (day 1 to day 9)
    Dīng fire - 3 days, (day 10 to day 12)
    Wù earth - 18 days.   (day 13 to day day 30), which is my solar birthday
    Cold Dew
    Frost Descends

Or did I not assume correctly again by assigning the dates to them. Please help me Gmuli!

When it comes to the Earth Branches I like Mang Pai approach. It can be seen in traditional as well, but rarely. We view them as Tombs/Storages of an element. In this case Xu is Tomb of Fire. Meaning it contains unlimited amounts of fire in it. However it is closed.

In times of your life it is open it will bring endless amounts of fire in the chart. Then when closed again that will disappear

Yes thank you Gmuli for teaching me that Xu is the Tomb if Fire. Can I please ask what open or close it?

Traditionally we look for the Officer for female. However in this case as Officer is in Day Branch, that can't be it(as Day Branch represents Spouse Star only in very few cases).

Yes, is it because I have Qi Sha/Indirect Officer (Wu earth) instead of Zheng Guan/Direct Officer (Ji Earth) in my chart? What are the circumstances where Day Branch represents Spouse Star Gmuli?

However it extends to the month. Then we have Geng on top of it. So Geng as resource on top of the Officer can be viewed as spouse star.

How do you determine if spouse star extends to the month? Is it because the Geng (yang metal) is revealed in the heavenly stem and Xin (yin metal), which is sub qi in Xu, support and make it rooted?

Making Geng the main representation. However Shen in the year can be viewed as physical representation of Geng(as main hidden stem of Shen would be Geng), so we can say that Shen represents Geng and the other way around.
    In that case we can view Shen and the images connected to it as connected to the Spouse Star.

Yes now I understand why you said my spouse is far away or someone who I’ve met when younger because Year pillar indicates childhood or foreign land. How about the friend star Ren (yang water heavenly stem) that sits on my Shen (yang metal earthly branch) of my year pillar Ren Shen? Is it right to interpret it as my spouse star is currently occupied with my friend or there is a lot of competition for my spouse star as there are 3 water (3 versions of me) in my heavenly stems?

Another view would be that Mao is spouse star as it does have combination to Day Branch and it is Output(that can replace officer in some cases).
    I’ve read somewhere that I unfortunately can’t remember the source saying that interactions such as combination is not recommended for spouse palace (day branch Xu combine with your branch Mao). This is because it makes the spouse palace unstable and can introduce third party into the equation. What’s your thought on it Gmuli?

However Mao seems to be more related to your kid later in life(Output / Hour - 2 images of kid, instead of spouse star). So the combination from there to hour pillar becomes just you close to your kid, nothing to do with spouse. Combination from Hour to Month, means kid also close to their father as we view the Geng as representing him and that is on top of Xu.

Thank you Gmuli! Reading this makes me really happy thinking about a loving family where the children is close to their parents.

I'm not using Symbolic Stars in BaZi usually(with very few exceptions).

What are the few exceptional symbolic stars that you would use in Bazi? Do I have any of them in my chart Gmuli?

So happy to meet you here 😆
    « Last Edit: May 11, 2018, 07:06:36 AM by Fifi »
    “Radiate boundless love towards the entire world — above, below, and across — unhindered, without ill will, without enmity.” – The Buddha

Offline Fifi

• G1-G50
    • View Profile
    « Reply #18 on: May 11, 2018, 08:26:20 AM »
    Hi windwheel, thank you for your Bazi reading. I was preparing a very thorough response to your reply and unfortunately technology wasn’t on my side so I lost it. I will recompose again and will get back to you in 12 hours time. Hope you’ll have a good day 😁
    “Radiate boundless love towards the entire world — above, below, and across — unhindered, without ill will, without enmity.” – The Buddha

Online Gmuli

• G501++
    • View Profile
    « Reply #19 on: May 11, 2018, 05:31:06 PM »

Think of it like that. We have 24 Solar Terms. Every month is made of 2 of them.
    Using them we can navigate around the Sun and the branches. For example in every equinox a Solar Term will end and another one will start.

The month of Xu starts with the start of Solar Term called 17.Cold dews 寒露.
    That happens on 8 October 1992(that would be around 0:50 GMT in that day, based on Mean Sun Longitude, if we calculate the apparent one would be a little different, probably).

On that time 2 things happen. Solar Term 17 starts, and Xu month starts in the Solar Calendar.
    Usually Solar Terms are 15 days long. That also means that usually Solar months would be 30 days long, as 2 Solar Terms make a month(2x15 = 30).
    However the Earth is moving faster when it is closest to the Sun right now. In around 500 years that would be much less, as this is cyclic too, part of the so called Milankovitch cycles.

So Solar Terms aren't equal, some of them would be longer then 15, some shorter.

So lets look at the translation:
    Xū month    Cold Dew after
    Xīn metal - 9 days, (day 1 to day 9)
    Dīng fire - 3 days, (day 10 to day 12)
    Cold Dew
    Frost Descends

Now, we know the whole month is 30 days long more or less. So what we see here must cover period of 30 days.
    The way to read it would be:
    Xu month starts with Solar Term 17. First 9 days are under command of Xin Metal stem.
    That is the time from 8 October 1992 to 17 october 1992.
    And it also includes your birthday on 13 October. : )

You can check in the app,

My app calculates all that, however if you use it keep in mind the way it calculates in the middle part of it(Solar Terms and Sun Longitude), isn't the one that is most often used as it uses mean Sun longitude(absolute place), instead of apperant one(the way it looks from Earth). However logically it is cleaner(if there are doubts just don't use the middle part):
    http://fivearts.info/fivearts/index.php?topic=16617.0

Yes thank you Gmuli for teaching me that Xu is the Tomb if Fire. Can I please ask what open or close it?

It opens from clash or penalty. Basically Wei, Chou and Chen can open it for you(when they come in LP or AP). Ding and Bing can open it too with Clash(so Gui and Ren) if that clash is in connection to the Tomb(nearby basically). Since they are "gods within", what that tombs/store is part of. So we view them as connected to the Store/Tomb and extension of it.

Some wonderful info about Tombs from Puppylove in this topic:
    http://fivearts.info/fivearts/index.php?topic=414.msg3043#msg3043
    Many of us here learned a lot from him/her. If you look at the whole topic(and other topics at that time)there are many of the other Mang Pai principles used even today around the forum, with good explanation there.

Yes, is it because I have Qi Sha/Indirect Officer (Wu earth) instead of Zheng Guan/Direct Officer (Ji Earth) in my chart? What are the circumstances where Day Branch represents Spouse Star Gmuli?

When there is absolutely nothing else. The way I view it if we view Branches as what is deep within us, then Day Branch is what is deep within the person itself. And that can be viewed as intimacy. Spouse Star connects to that and relationship can start.

However if there isn't a single Stem/Branch that can take a role of Spouse Star then the person can just take as Spouse Star whatever manages to get deep within from LP/AP. But that is very unstable, as they can't see the person in their elements, so when the time period ends, the person is very likely gone too.
    It's rare, though, usually there is something that can act as Spouse Star, even more so if we are using other 10 gods if there is no Officer/7K.

How do you determine if spouse star extends to the month? Is it because the Geng (yang metal) is revealed in the heavenly stem and Xin (yin metal), which is sub qi in Xu, support and make it rooted?

This is one of the reason Geng is Spouse Star, in my view, yes. The extension itself - just because we have 2 Xu, so they share too many similar Images to say they don't have connection.

So we look at the Stems to see if it is the same person. In this case it isn't, it's someone that have to be very close to you, as inner part of you is inner part of them...

How about the friend star Ren (yang water heavenly stem) that sits on my Shen (yang metal earthly branch) of my year pillar Ren Shen? Is it right to interpret it as my spouse star is currently occupied with my friend or there is a lot of competition for my spouse star as there are 3 water (3 versions of me) in my heavenly stems?

It would be, but we need 1 more detail.
    Here we get to the concept of Self Combine.
    The idea is if we have Rob Wealth or Friend(can be exceptions here) sitting on Spouse Star or below it, we look if the Pillar self combines.
    That would mean hidden stem from the branch combines with the Heavenly Stem above it.
    In this case it doesn't, as we would need Ding in the roots of the branch to combine with Ren.

That means that the Branch doesn't "belong" to the stem. Basically hasn't been in previous marriage before, usually.
    If there was Ding in roots and the Pillar self combined, we would say he would have been in previous marriage before, in some situations it can mean other stuff(for example already in marriage, but I don't know when they have been and when they already are, there are examples of both around the forum, even without RW/F element, but rules still are not clear there for me, at least).

I’ve read somewhere that I unfortunately can’t remember the source saying that interactions such as combination is not recommended for spouse palace (day branch Xu combine with your branch Mao). This is because it makes the spouse palace unstable and can introduce third party into the equation. What’s your thought on it Gmuli?

In traditional there is the idea of Facing. So the branch faces whatever it combines to, making it difficult to interact with other stuff.
    But in the way I view interactions that isn't a problem, all interactions happen it's just a question of priority.
    In this case, I don't think the combination Xu<>Mao is a problem in any way for any of the 2 Xu.
    But its a question of the style we use to read I guess.

What are the few exceptional symbolic stars that you would use in Bazi? Do I have any of them in my chart Gmuli?

Void(Kong Wang) a lot. But with different rules(it can change polarity for example) and it just makes whatever it represents less real(difference between a disease showed by solid branch and vaccine showed by Void - has cells from the illness, but they aren't really the same thing).
    I don't view it as a Shen Sha however, as if we look how it is calculated, it isn't a premade configuration, it's a detail in the way the calendars work(both of them, as ZWDS, QMDJ, WWG all of them have void in some form).

Lu Cun a lot. That is the idea that Branches are earthly form of the Stem
    We viewed it in the Spouse star interaction here - if we center all around Geng(Spouse Star), then Lu Cun would become Shen, as Shen would be "body" of Geng. So the reason we use Images from the year to apply to the potential spouse.

The reverse thing we call Original God. Don't remember how it was in Pinyin, but basically it would be the strongest hidden stem in the branch most often(although not always).
    There are lists of both of those around the blindstyle section of the forum. Biggest difference would be for earthly branches and for Fire/Earth as they are looked in different way in blindstyle.

In theory blindstyle uses Traveling Horse too, and sometimes uses Clash as the same influence, but I haven't seen that work well, so I'm not using that one too.

So happy to meet you here

Same here. : )

Online Liv02

• G101-G300
    • Last Login:Today at 03:46:38 AM
    • View Profile
    « Reply #20 on: May 11, 2018, 11:41:34 PM »
    Hi Gmuli,

You mention Geng is spouse star but Geng sit on Xu that is unstable pillar.
    There are Ren another person sit on Shen in year.

Will her husand stop support her and go to another woman ?

Thanks,

Online Gmuli

• G501++
    • View Profile
    « Reply #21 on: May 11, 2018, 11:59:11 PM »
    Hi.
    If we view Xu as extension of the Spouse Palace it would still be her. It's the way I view it now. The whole pillar doesn't show her, because the Stem is Geng, but we already know Geng shows the Spouse Star. In that case Xu is just extension of the Day Branch(meaning same person).

If we view Xu as showing someone else, then it gets complicated.
    I work with the idea that any pillar where the stem combines with the hidden stem is self combining potentially.

However Jlim and Puppy seemed to work with the idea that its only specific pillars and some of them only in specific conditions.
    Here is interesting topic about that:
    http://fivearts.info/fivearts/index.php?topic=1676.0

So the question becomes is Geng/Xu self combining and if it is, what other Tomb/Store would be needed to make the hidden stems available.

All of this can be complicated and from my point of view I just assume a pillar is self combining and ask questions to figure out from events if it is, usually. Here if it seems the person posting doesn't really want to answer I just say I read the chart wrong and leave the topic(while in real life that usually doesn't happen). : )
    I'm sure there are rules for the details and Puppy probably knew them, but this information may never come to light(as this are the original blindman schools, that seem to be very secretive and not the popular teaching that has come up in recent years in China).

In this specific case, as I mentioned, I assume Xu is extension of Spouse Palace, so Geng is sitting on unstable pillar, but the Xu below it is still Fifi.

Online Gmuli

• G501++
    • View Profile
    « Reply #22 on: May 12, 2018, 02:45:20 AM »
    Hmmm... I don't know where I was looking, Geng/Xu can't be self combining(as there isn't Yi in Xu), so in both cases result should be the same(as year pillar isn't self combining as well, even if there is another female on top, there is no combination, so doesn't "belong"). While we can still follow Geng to the Spouse Palace roots.

Just my view, of course, time will tell.

Offline Fifi

• G1-G50
    • View Profile
    « Reply #23 on: May 13, 2018, 04:17:32 AM »
    Happy Mother’s Day everyone!

My boss jokes to me that it’s a retail created event to reduce stock holding for the end of financial year’s tax return. Nevertheless I am happy and grateful for the day that I can show my Mom lots of love as she is not only my mother who make lots of sacrifices and endure so much pain to give birth to me but also a sister, a best friend and a child that I adore!

@windwheel Apologies for the delayed response. I will reply to you soon.
    @Liv02 Thank you for your question. I had similar thoughts and so glad that you’re helping me to ask them.
    @Gmuli Thank you my gui ren for trying your best to answer the questions. I can feel the good and kindness in you and your positivity in your responses 😇
    « Last Edit: May 13, 2018, 04:45:14 AM by Fifi »

Offline Fifi

• G1-G50
    • View Profile
    « Reply #24 on: May 13, 2018, 06:39:29 AM »
    Hello windwheel,

Thank you for helping me understand more about my Bazi. I really appreciate your time and effort in analysing the different elements and how they come to be in my chart and luck pillars 😀

Your chart at middle between strong weak. At Hs water and metal and rooted at shen but shen at year pillar so far from Day master. So in conclusion your chart weak but not weak, strong but not strong. Its in the middle in best words, i think.

Hmm it seems to be an average strength day master that can fluctuate between strong and weak depending on my luck pillar. Is this right?

Different reader can make different opinion about strong weak so better we focus on yong shen for your chart. South sector si wu wei is good LP for your chart.

That’s great! I’m at the start of the south sector si wu wei (I’m currently at Ding Wei 10 years luck and Yi Si luck will last for until I’m 51) and it makes me feel happy to read that windwheel. What do you consider as Yong Shen (Favorable God) for me? Also if my chart strength is average, what is your thought on the permanence of my Yong Shen? Will they change depending on my luck pillar windwheel?

But for bing ding its different. Bing, ding make 3 water fighting each other get wealth its sign loss money in worst case because 2 water stand by to rob or get wealth.

Interesting hmm. I’m curious about the difference between my wealth elements (Yang Bing Fire and Ying Ding Fire) present during the heavenly stem versus earthly branch of the annual luck pillar. For example from the past, which annual luck pillar indicate stronger wealth luck for me:

2014 Jia Wu (where earthly branch wu embodies Ying Ding fire)
    or
    2016 Bing Shen (where heavenly stem show the Yang Bing fire clearly)

Of course, since my knowledge is limited, it would be great if you can share how you’ve come to the conclusion windwheel.

Xu month protude geng already good because killing support metal and metal will support water. Too much rob is a not good thing so its means your wealth luck a bit up and down.

Wealth for me is when I have food to eat, clothes to wear and a place to call home. At this stage in my life, as long as I work hard and can support my family I’m happy.

Wu earth come combine with gui means loss first related power and authority but in the end you can get wealth.

Right! Last year there were hints of looming promotion for me to lead the team as I was taking care of everything without the title. Then it was given to someone else and I’m happier supporting her, the new leader who I respect. Fortunately, the boss also improve my rank and I got a pay rise so I’m happy!

Ji earth a bit complicated 1 side its clash with gui. Throw away rob and support geng its good, but sometimes ren water doesnt like ji earth because its make water dirty. So just take care dont make something against law, it will be ok when ji earth come.

Thank you for your advice windwheel. I will keep this in mind and be more careful because next year is Ji Hai. Is it because of the mixing of Officers in my chart (Yang Wu earth) and the luck pillar (Ying Ji Earth) that makes you think of this? Also, when you mentioned
    ren water doesnt like ji earth because its make water dirty
    what’s your opinion on the purity of the water in my chart?

You rooster come its a not good if clash with mao. Clash with mao make qi not smooth. All your friend rob normally will go to mao.

Can you please elaborate on more of what you mean by
    All your friend rob normally will go to mao.
    My understanding is Rob wealth and Friend (Ren and Gui) are decreased by producing output, which is represented by Mao. Is this right?

Its better combine with xu shen so qi more smooth. Metal means desire or etc related resource clash with output at hour pillar related career, peach blossom so its not good thing.

I understand that You (September) has a seasonal/directional combination with Xu (October) and Shen (August), it will form the West sector and autumn season, giving rise to metal, which is my resource element. Also, because You is a peach blossom sign, there is the implications of romantic entanglements. To reflect, in 2017 Ding You, I had the luck to meet many male mentors in my new workplace who taught me a lot, are not single and they’re like brother/father to me. Career-wise I was under a lot of stress yet I feel overall 2017 was a good year so perhaps the directional combination (Shen, You, Xu) overcame the clash between Mao and You.

Yin tiger also will clash with shen. Its related movement.  So if Yin LP come better not make decision related movement.
    In that case I better travel around before I’m 72 when my Ren Yin (Yang Water Tiger) start so I only need to visit my family (who I love to be around) and doctors (who will ensure I live a long life with my family).

Zi, hai, chou Lp its ok.
    Shen, xu LP its ok.

Mao, chen LP its ok.

So my opinion the best LP si wu wei.
    10/12 luck pillars are ok and I’m currently on some of my best 10 years luck pillars. What more can I ask for?! Thank you windwheel. I really like your username, which makes me think of the dharmachakra or wheel of life in Buddhism. What prompted you to choose it and what does it signify for you windwheel?

Offline Fifi

• G1-G50
    • View Profile
    « Reply #25 on: May 13, 2018, 08:49:50 AM »
    Hi Gmuli, hope you’re enjoying your weekend. It’s always a joy for me to reply to you and I’m so happy that the feelings are reciprocal after seeing your responses.

Xu month starts with Solar Term 17. First 9 days are under command of Xin Metal stem.
    That is the time from 8 October 1992 to 17 october 1992.
    And it also includes your birthday on 13 October. : )

Yes, I finally understand it now! I was first confused with the Chinese lunar calendar then thought it was the Western solar calendar and it turned out to be the Chinese solar calendar. Thank you Gmuli!

You can check in the app, my app calculates all that http://fivearts.info/fivearts/index.php?topic=16617.0

Wowww you’re amazing for developing an app for the calendar (and also Bazi, Zi Wei Dou Shou, Wen Gua)! It must have taken you a lot time and energy for computing the data input and running the right code. So proud of you and so kind of you Gmuli to share it with us here. Thank you for your hard work and generosity Gmul!i

It opens from clash or penalty. Basically Wei, Chou and Chen can open it for you(when they come in LP or AP). Ding and Bing can open it too with Clash(so Gui and Ren) if that clash is in connection to the Tomb(nearby basically). Since they are "gods within", what that tombs/store is part of. So we view them as connected to the Store/Tomb and extension of it.
    Yes I understand. So Wei (goat) in Ding Wei 10 years annual luck has a penalty with my Xu Day and Month branches. What does it mean? Does it mean my tomb is now opened will become storage of fire, which is my wealth? Also Puppylove (who I love to read and learn from) mentioned
    If a Tomb encounters two or more Central component, then they will all end up in the Tomb.
    What if it’s the reverse situation in my case where I have 2 tombs of Xu, so there’s an image of 2 Xu trying to attract the Mao into their tombs. Mao is my output and hurting officer yet also the resource to my fire, which is my wealth. What does it mean to you or what image does it conjure to you Gmuli?

When there is absolutely nothing else. The way I view it if we view Branches as what is deep within us, then Day Branch is what is deep within the person itself. And that can be viewed as intimacy. Spouse Star connects to that and relationship can start.

I understand. Yet I’m still confused because traditional Bazi (which I’m still learning) emphasises on spouse star being Direct Officer or if unavailable, Indirect Officer. This is especially the case if they’re next to the the day master in the month pillar or if they’re in the spouse palace/day branch. Hypothetically, to learn and understand the concept, if my birthday is 13/09/1992 still at Mao hour:

Hour: Yin Water Rabbit (Gui Mao)
    Daymaster: Yang Water Dragon (Ren Chen)
    Month: Ying Earth Rooster(Ji You)
    Year: Yang Water Monkey (Ren Shen)

Would the spouse star still be Yang Metal Geng represented by Shen Monkey or would it be something else Gmuli?

However if there isn't a single Stem/Branch that can take a role of Spouse Star then the person can just take as Spouse Star whatever manages to get deep within from LP/AP. But that is very unstable, as they can't see the person in their elements, so when the time period ends, the person is very likely gone too.

What do you think of Ding as a spouse star, especially if it is present in this 10 years luck pillar and also self-combine (Ren combine with Ding) with me in day pillar? Is it a feasible image in your opinion?

This is one of the reason Geng is Spouse Star, in my view, yes. The extension itself - just because we have 2 Xu, so they share too many similar Images to say they don't have connection.

So we look at the Stems to see if it is the same person. In this case it isn't, it's someone that have to be very close to you, as inner part of you is inner part of them...

This sounds so romantic and makes me think of meeting my soulmate Gmuli! I like this Image much better than the idea of having 2 husbands because of the duplication of my spouse palace (day branch is the same as month branch) when I tried to understand my Bazi using the traditional method.

The idea is if we have Rob Wealth or Friend(can be exceptions here) sitting on Spouse Star or below it, we look if the Pillar self combines.
    That would mean hidden stem from the branch combines with the Heavenly Stem above it.
    In this case it doesn't, as we would need Ding in the roots of the branch to combine with Ren.

That means that the Branch doesn't "belong" to the stem. Basically hasn't been in previous marriage before, usually.

Thank you for letting me know. It really comfort me to know that because I believe in lifelong commitment and YOMO (You Only Marry Once) so in love I look for mutual respect, responsibility and complementary personality.

Void(Kong Wang) a lot.

Lu Cun a lot.

The reverse thing we call Original God.
    In theory blindstyle uses Traveling Horse too, and sometimes uses Clash as the same influence, but I haven't seen that work well, so I'm not using that one too.
    Thank you for explaining them to me Gmuli and applying Lu Cun on my spouse star. I’m learning so much and am so happy 😆
    In traditional there is the idea of Facing. So the branch faces whatever it combines to, making it difficult to interact with other stuff.
    But in the way I view interactions that isn't a problem, all interactions happen it's just a question of priority.
    In this case, I don't think the combination Xu<>Mao is a problem in any way for any of the 2 Xu.
    But its a question of the style we use to read I guess.
    I feel that your words are kind and protect me from excessive worries. Thank you Gmuli! I wish that you will receive of blessings in this lifetime just like you are a blessing to others by being here 😊

Online Gmuli

• G501++
    • View Profile
    « Reply #26 on: May 13, 2018, 07:52:27 PM »
    Thank you! : )

What if it’s the reverse situation in my case where I have 2 tombs of Xu, so there’s an image of 2 Xu trying to attract the Mao into their tombs. Mao is my output and hurting officer yet also the resource to my fire, which is my wealth. What does it mean to you or what image does it conjure to you Gmuli?

If you are keeping more toward traditional way of reading, then will have Mao trying to control Xu with combination. However not doing it very well, as Xu is very strong(being in the month and all), but still doing good enough job as there is much water in the stems.
    Also can view it as the end of the movement, so there is movement starting from Earth, creating Metal and Water and the chart movement ends in Mao as wood, meaning it is much stronger then it seems.

In blindstyle, depends on how we view it. One way would be that Mao and Xu make a group/gang that tries to control Metal/Water in the chart.
    Last year, for example, that was going very well, as Mao is clashing You, Xu is in Harm with it, so You was controlled very well, meaning obtaining experience/knowledge.

There are many other ways to read it still belonging to traditional or blindstyle.
    Overall it is much depends on what style we want to read it with.
    In my view all of this is valid to some degree. I usually focus more on Mang Pai, but traditional have some very accurate concepts as well(Month Commander being one of them for me, another being the idea of chart Structure, in your case that would be Officer, so authority structure).

I understand. Yet I’m still confused because traditional Bazi (which I’m still learning) emphasises on spouse star being Direct Officer or if unavailable, Indirect Officer. This is especially the case if they’re next to the the day master in the month pillar or if they’re in the spouse palace/day branch. Hypothetically, to learn and understand the concept, if my birthday is 13/09/1992 still at Mao hour:

Hour: Yin Water Rabbit (Gui Mao)
    Daymaster: Yang Water Dragon (Ren Chen)
    Month: Ying Earth Rooster(Ji You)
    Year: Yang Water Monkey (Ren Shen)

Would the spouse star still be Yang Metal Geng represented by Shen Monkey or would it be something else Gmuli?

If we look at traditional, it would be Xu in the month(specifically Wu in hidden stems of Xu in the month as that is 7k and there is no officer).
    As traditional Spouse Palace doesn't extent, you just take Xu month branch as showing the spouse star. And since we look for 7k specifically, and Xu gathers more then that, we can take 7k hidden stem of Wu earth.

Now, depending of what school in traditional you use, there may be problem accessing that hidden stem, as Tombs are considered difficult to work with. While traditional rarely looks at them as Open or Close, it does recognize that what they contain sometimes is difficult to access.
    That would be different in schools, some will take that one of the hidden stems can't be accessed, since it is from previous season so its ending here, while the other one could.
    And while most would consider the Wu itself accessible, that may not always be the case.

That is up to style we want to read with. I usually use Mang Pai concepts for this part, as they have worked better for me through time when it comes to that, but they aren't perfect too, so it depends on experience and what we practice to read it.

But in traditional Spouse Star would be Wu Earth in Xu hidden stems in the month, for most schools I think. I very much agree, that some would view the 7K in Spouse Palace as another possible relation one being in 18-35 the other one in 36-55.
    In my experience that doesn't really work like that.

In Mang Pai that is still very connected to the Spouse Star, as it also has images of officer(your day and month pillar are void, and in blindstyle that is usually consider to invert polarity, so Direct Officer becomes 7 Killings or the other way around this time).

What do you think of Ding as a spouse star, especially if it is present in this 10 years luck pillar and also self-combine (Ren combine with Ding) with me in day pillar? Is it a feasible image in your opinion?

In the way I'm familiar with what is used in blindstyle, could be, yea.
    Usually if we didn't had Xu that would be consider temporary or just something you want, but as it doesn't exist in your elements can't stay long.
    However as there is Xu storage/tomb of fire, Ding is seen as originated from Xu(Tomb/Store of Fire), so if we look at Xu as Spouse Star(in both styles of reading Xu would be very connected to it, anyway), then Ding can "represent" what Xu contains, that being Spouse Star.

So could be a way to show that there is connection coming from the Spouse Palace in this period of time.

In traditional, they usually just look for Officer(Direct or Indirect) I think, so I don't think they would take Ding, even though it will combine with DM.

This sounds so romantic and makes me think of meeting my soulmate Gmuli! I like this Image much better than the idea of having 2 husbands because of the duplication of my spouse palace (day branch is the same as month branch) when I tried to understand my Bazi using the traditional method.

In practice it works better too, at least for me. It isn't perfect, since there are many rules I still don't know, but in some charts is very accurate, while the ones it isn't usually later turns out some rule was missing.

Thanks Fifi, Im happy to answer when I can.

As it seems you are more interested in the traditional approach, then blindstyle, I can recommend this great topic:
    http://fivearts.info/fivearts/index.php?topic=13818.0

We also have translation of Zi Ping Zhen Quan Ping Zhu:
    http://fivearts.info/fivearts/index.php?board=65.0

As this hasn't been published in English in useful way it could be really nice to see for traditional bazi practitioner.

If you get curious about blindstyle we have a lot of info around that section of the forum, and many, many examples from different forum members in the chart reading section as well.
    Overall this forum - great place for english reading/speaking bazi learners. : )

Offline windwheel

• G401-G500
    • Last Login:Hidden
    • View Profile
    « Reply #27 on: May 13, 2018, 11:29:13 PM »
    Hmm it seems to be an average strength day master that can fluctuate between strong and weak depending on my luck pillar. Is this right?

In my opinion like that, some chart in the middle of strength depend on luck pillar.

That’s great! I’m at the start of the south sector si wu wei (I’m currently at Ding Wei 10 years luck and Yi Si luck will last for until I’m 51) and it makes me feel happy to read that windwheel. What do you consider as Yong Shen (Favorable God) for me? Also if my chart strength is average, what is your thought on the permanence of my Yong Shen? Will they change depending on my luck pillar windwheel?

in my knowledge, its depend on interaction from natal chart and luck pillar. Bazi its about qi flow too so at south sector fire and earth at 12 qi stage is strong. So when south sector earth will support metal and in the end metal will support water so its good qi flow. For your chart better we look for interaction between natal chart and luck pillar because a bit complicated. Lets say for example we say earth is your yong shen but when earth show in HEavenly stem but this wu earth combine with gui its means loss related earth but because wu gui combine become fire so you will get some thing too(its just example if we take earth as your yong shen). So in my opinion better we see interaction for your chart(just for in your case, the other case will be different for read)

Interesting hmm. I’m curious about the difference between my wealth elements (Yang Bing Fire and Ying Ding Fire) present during the heavenly stem versus earthly branch of the annual luck pillar. For example from the past, which annual luck pillar indicate stronger wealth luck for me:

in my knowledge first we need see luck pillar first, what will happen. After that we see annual luck. Luck pillar more stronger than anual luck. For more easy to understand, if your luck is bad but anual is good so its means bad but not to bad just netral. Or if your luck is good but anual is bad so its means good but not that good just netral. Or if your luck is good and anual is good so its will be very good or smooth sailing, etc. again its depend on natal chart and interaction.

Thank you for your advice windwheel. I will keep this in mind and be more careful because next year is Ji Hai. Is it because of the mixing of Officers in my chart (Yang Wu earth) and the luck pillar (Ying Ji Earth) that makes you think of this? Also, when you mentioned
    ren water doesnt like ji earth because its make water dirty
    what’s your opinion on the purity of the water in my chart?

your chart is pure and clean at Hs just water and metal normally your are good looking.

Can you please elaborate on more of what you mean by
    All your friend rob normally will go to mao.
    My understanding is Rob wealth and Friend (Ren and Gui) are decreased by producing output, which is represented by Mao. Is this right?

Yes technically like that water energy goes to mao make more weaker. But in your chart you have  and rob wealth so when some one have a lot of friend and rob better qi going to output or better controlled by earth. So using mao its ok.

In that case I better travel around before I’m 72 when my Ren Yin (Yang Water Tiger) start so I only need to visit my family (who I love to be around) and doctors (who will ensure I live a long life with my family).

LP Yin tiger sign take care your health because clash with shen which shen is needed in your chart too. Sign problem related movement, its depend on but the key is movement. So i suggest not move even you can move.
    « Last Edit: May 13, 2018, 11:33:56 PM by windwheel »

five arts forum

Re: Bazi Reading & Practice Case Study
    « Reply #27 on: May 13, 2018, 11:29:13 PM »
    Fortune-telling / birth chart reading / predict your future services by Master Tony (aka aoefengshui). Area of interest:
    Category 1: Relationship/Peach Blossom/Marriage/Spouse/Divorce.
    Category 2: Wealth/Business/Investment/Legal Problem.
    Category 3: Career Plan/Career Move/Job Promotion/Study.
    Category 4: Health/Pregnancy/Children/Accident/Disaster.
    Category 5: The Luck of next 10 years: (Master Tony will work out your luck for next 10 years in general and point out the happening years for the important events).
    Category 6: The Luck of next 12 months: (Master Tony will work out your luck for next 12 months in general and point out the happening months for the important events.)
    Category 7: Your own Category which didn’t mention above.

Note: Master Tony will provide you the reading report in writing and also one private Q&A session afterwards. Everything to be conducted conveniently and anonymously via this forum online.

More detail | About Master Tony (aka aoefengshui) | Ask question privately | Post question in Pre-sales forum | Testimonials | View sample Fortune-telling report
    Tired of advertisement on the forum? Remove advertisement on the forum now. For detail, please click here.
    Learn fortune-telling skills from Master Tony (Purple Star Astrology / 紫微斗数 / ZWDS)

Features: Online private learning | one-on-one teaching | Everything starts from zero | 24/7 access to constantly updated learning materials | Medium of instruction: English

Tags:

See parents together or separated in child bazi?

Started by SciotoBoard Request for birth chart reading [FREE]

Replies: 0
    Views: 24
    Last post Today at 04:17:00 AM
    by Scioto
    Try to Analyze my life according Bazi

Started by chenzhixinBoard Request for birth chart reading [FREE]

Replies: 2
    Views: 58
    Last post August 13, 2018, 11:01:46 AM
    by zeus
    Basic Birth Chart Reading + a Few Q's

Started by HuangSheBoard Si Zhu Ba Zi (SZBZ) 四柱八字

Replies: 4
    Views: 89
    Last post August 12, 2018, 09:54:28 PM
    by HuangShe
    Today I opened my eyes and saw Bazi worked

Started by AdministratorBoard Miscellaneous casual talks

Replies: 26
    Views: 412
    Last post August 14, 2018, 07:20:30 AM
    by tyc
    Fighting Fire With Fire (BaZi Day Sign Question)

Started by HuangSheBoard Request for birth chart reading [FREE]

Views: 52
    Last post August 10, 2018, 03:46:21 AM
    by HuangShe
    Let this case put in Forum for light discussion

Started by HanBoard Request for birth chart reading [FREE]

Replies: 13
    Views: 217
    Last post August 14, 2018, 10:34:52 PM
    by Twinkle
    Need some help in reading and understand my natal chart!

Started by DAVID.CBoard Request for birth chart reading [FREE]

Views: 115
    Last post August 04, 2018, 04:47:31 AM
    by DAVID.C
    Need help reading my Bazi, Lost in Career Direction. Decisions to make.

Started by mikehiiBoard Request for birth chart reading [FREE]

Replies: 20
    Views: 245
    Last post July 31, 2018, 05:49:33 AM
    by mikehii
    Females who go to library or study English major are super attractive

Started by nilegemBoard Miscellaneous casual talks

Replies: 1
    Views: 48
    Last post July 29, 2018, 12:39:26 AM
    by Administrator
    Bazi reading

Started by Sk2Board Request for birth chart reading [FREE]

Views: 106
    Last post July 28, 2018, 11:41:35 PM
    by j27945
    Detailed accurate free bazi / zwds analysis software

Started by lordfoongBoard Request for birth chart reading [FREE]

Views: 122
    Last post July 24, 2018, 12:41:50 AM
    by lordfoong
    Finals France vs Croatia / FIFA World Cup Tarot Reading

Started by AdministratorBoard Let Me Guess (future events)

Replies: 18
    Views: 344
    Last post July 29, 2018, 11:10:33 PM
    by Administrator
    Bazi decade

Started by jwhite997Board Request for birth chart reading [FREE]

Replies: 40
    Views: 665
    Last post July 25, 2018, 11:59:48 AM
    by anton8888
    My reading

Started by wata1232001Board Request for birth chart reading [FREE]

Views: 100
    Last post July 13, 2018, 04:42:52 PM
    by wata1232001
    Mangpai Blindman Bazi books

Started by AdministratorBoard Books, Software, Tools, and Resources

Views: 164
    Last post July 11, 2018, 08:35:35 PM
    by Administrator
    Seeking your guidance to read my bazi for career, love and luck

Started by scarletnovemberBoard Request for birth chart reading [FREE]

Replies: 18
    Views: 529
    Last post July 16, 2018, 09:43:44 PM
    by scarletnovember
    Anything special about how geomancy.net plot your bazi chart

Started by bruceBoard Request for birth chart reading [FREE]

Replies: 13
    Views: 360
    Last post July 09, 2018, 02:30:26 PM
    by Jewel
    Month stem for southern hemisphere bazi

Started by KanliBoard 3. Art of Life (Birthchart Analysis)

Replies: 17
    Views: 383
    Last post July 09, 2018, 10:26:48 AM
    by anton8888
    boy bazi with almost all water

Started by orangeplumBoard Request for birth chart reading [FREE]

Replies: 2
    Views: 195
    Last post June 30, 2018, 05:30:01 PM
    by orangeplum
    Reading and reality doesn't match

Started by ArstevanBoard Request for birth chart reading [FREE]

Replies: 23
    Views: 691
    Last post June 30, 2018, 02:09:47 PM
    by djheath
    3 case studies that match temperature

Started by socratesBoard Si Zhu Ba Zi (SZBZ) 四柱八字

Views: 109
    Last post June 26, 2018, 06:45:14 AM
    by socrates
    Will AI render Bazi/zdws practitioner/master obselete ?

Started by bruceBoard 4. Art of Divination (Prediction)

Replies: 28
    Views: 750
    Last post July 08, 2018, 08:52:23 PM
    by j27945
    Bazi Synastry (how to check attraction)

Started by hanzzoBoard 四柱八字 Si Zhu Ba Zi

Replies: 15
    Views: 619
    Last post July 23, 2018, 08:37:40 PM
    by hanzzo
    Problems with Zi wei/bazi foundations-precession

Started by socratesBoard Zi Wei Dou Shu (ZWDS) 紫微斗数

Views: 151
    Last post June 22, 2018, 11:46:14 PM
    by socrates
    Humbly requesting help to chart reading (i have so little knowledge)

Started by hindraxxxBoard Request for birth chart reading [FREE]

Views: 135
    Last post June 17, 2018, 11:46:56 PM
    by windwheel
    I'm confused - would really appreciate a chart reading

Started by cheezyBoard Request for birth chart reading [FREE]

Replies: 8
    Views: 335
    Last post June 20, 2018, 03:38:58 PM
    by cheezy
    Weak DO element in Bazi

Started by darksirenBoard Request for birth chart reading [FREE]

Replies: 6
    Views: 281
    Last post June 14, 2018, 10:41:16 PM
    by windwheel
    Seeking bazi reading advice

Started by curiousbonBoard Request for birth chart reading [FREE]

Replies: 7
    Views: 273
    Last post June 14, 2018, 01:26:17 PM
    by blackswan
    Cultural influence on Bazi

Started by socratesBoard Si Zhu Ba Zi (SZBZ) 四柱八字

Views: 118
    Last post June 08, 2018, 10:10:09 PM
    by socrates
    Bazi Lucky and unlucky elements

Started by AdzaBoard Request for birth chart reading [FREE]

Replies: 14
    Views: 507
    Last post June 12, 2018, 01:42:31 AM
    by Adza

Disclaimer:

Your use of FiveArts.Info is at your sole risk. FiveArts.Info cannot be held responsible for the inaccuracy of the readings and information provided by its members. FiveArts.Info owners, administrators, moderators, masters, members, partners expressly disclaim all warranties of any kind whether express or implied including but not limited to the implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.