Author Topic: how to define Jia Zi - beginning of 60 years cycle without paper calendar?  (Read 372 times)

Offline padma

• G1-G50
  • Last Login:April 20, 2020, 10:39:10 PM
    • View Profile
  • Dear fellows,

i have very interesting question on which none of teachers of Chinese metaphysics can answer to me until now.

Question is how to define Jia Zi - beginning of 60 years cycle without paper calendar by using planets movements?   

Its so not scientifically just to refer on Huángdì that he started Jia Zi cycle in one moment and we need just to continue to count infinitely this in row. 
    Majority of Chinese astrologers to say that origin of Yang Wood Solstice , which is not only consisted of Yang Wood Rat time on Yang Wood Rat day on Yang Wood Rat month on Yang Wood Rat year, but also manifestation of Grand alignment that is referring to collocation of 5 stars in solar system at Rat zodiac .
    According to Chinese tradition, the first year of the Yellow Emperor was 2698 B.C.E., so he introduced a counting system based on this.  An alternative system is to start with the first historical record of the 60-day cycle from March 8, 2637 B.C.E
    I checked both possible years , so there is no  Grand alignment of 5 planets.

Does anybody know what is truth of this topic?

I will be very thankful to anyone!

Online Gmuli

• Deian
    • G501++
    • Last Login:Today at 05:32:47 AM
    • https://bright-hall.net
    • View Profile
    • Bright Hall. net
  • Dear fellows,

i have very interesting question on which none of teachers of Chinese metaphysics can answer to me until now.

Question is how to define Jia Zi - beginning of 60 years cycle without paper calendar by using planets movements?   

We use virtual planets, other then Month branch, Hour branch and 28 lunar mansions, the rest won't fit to a movement of a real planet or star(especially Jupiter to the year branch).
    We have been in great lengths into that in the past, by the way in other forums.

Offline padma

• G1-G50
    • View Profile
  • Dear fellows,

We use virtual planets, other then Month branch, Hour branch and 28 lunar mansions, the rest won't fit to a movement of a real planet or star(especially Jupiter to the year branch).
    We have been in great lengths into that in the past, by the way in other forums.

Please, Gmuli let me know where to read this discussion on other forums, or can you please explain me essence of this topic? :'(

Online Gmuli

• Deian
    • G501++
    • View Profile
    • Bright Hall. net
  • Dear fellows,

Please, Gmuli let me know where to read this discussion on other forums, or can you please explain me essence of this topic? :'(

Basically, it would depend what book or material you are currently interested in. As there are a lot of theories how the movements of the planets are reflected in the year pillar. The usual one is that its connected to a movement Jupiter makes.

Problem there is that its very unlikely that a movement like that can be with the exact same length as the movement of the Earth around the Sun in a year(12). Because if its even just a day off, that means that in few thousand years already will be a year off, as we need very exact values to be able to keep them up for thousands of years.

Some people add the precesion of the equinoxes in this, some people look at movement of Jupiter in relation to another planet or to the Sun. And there are many other ways and it will be really long to go into, but the short answer is that none of them fits with the accuracy that would be needed to stay on it even just a thousand years, even less so for 4 thousand.
    (topic is in Jlims forums, but the 2 forums still have problems with each other, so I shouldn't link it, if you stumble upon it I think it was in the southern bazi hemisphere topic).

Month branch is different. Since its created directly form Suns ecliptical longitude in the Solar Calendar, it will always be reflecting the Suns position perfectly(as perfect as we can calculate it, of course).
    Hour Branch is more or less same, with or without true solar time(more closer to it with it).
    And 28 lunar mansions are just changing one a day, since we can set the movement of the Moon to 28 days average that fits too.

The rest, there are many ways to look at it, but none seems to fit the planets. So here comes the idea of "virtual planets". A way to say - "We know there is a cycle of 12/10 years here, we use it all the time we can see it in the world around, yet we don't know where it comes from, so we assign a planet to it and use it like that". Going into western astronomy will create discrepancies, similar to how western medicine seems different to TCM in the organ functions and ideas sometimes, but that is fine.
    « Last Edit: March 23, 2020, 03:30:14 AM by Gmuli »

Offline padma

• G1-G50
    • View Profile
  • Dear fellows,

Basically, it would depend what book or material you are currently interested in. As there are a lot of theories how the movements of the planets are reflected in the year pillar. The usual one is that its connected to a movement Jupiter makes.

Problem there is that its very unlikely that a movement like that can be with the exact same length as the movement of the Earth around the Sun in a year(12). Because if its even just a day off, that means that in few thousand years already will be a year off, as we need very exact values to be able to keep them up for thousands of years.

Some people add the precesion of the equinoxes in this, some people look at movement of Jupiter in relation to another planet or to the Sun. And there are many other ways and it will be really long to go into, but the short answer is that none of them fits with the accuracy that would be needed to stay on it even just a thousand years, even less so for 4 thousand.
    (topic is in Jlims forums, but the 2 forums still have problems with each other, so I shouldn't link it, if you stumble upon it I think it was in the southern bazi hemisphere topic).

Month branch is different. Since its created directly form Suns ecliptical longitude in the Solar Calendar, it will always be reflecting the Suns position perfectly(as perfect as we can calculate it, of course).
    Hour Branch is more or less same, with or without true solar time(more closer to it with it).
    And 28 lunar mansions are just changing one a day, since we can set the movement of the Moon to 28 days average that fits too.

The rest, there are many ways to look at it, but none seems to fit the planets. So here comes the idea of "virtual planets". A way to say - "We know there is a cycle of 12/10 years here, we use it all the time we can see it in the world around, yet we don't know where it comes from, so we assign a planet to it and use it like that". Going into western astronomy will create discrepancies, similar to how western medicine seems different to TCM in the organ functions and ideas sometimes, but that is fine.

Thank you so much , Gmuli!
    Have you heard something about  Grand alignment of 5 planets and JiaZi?

Online Gmuli

• Deian
    • G501++
    • View Profile
    • Bright Hall. net
  • Dear fellows,

Thank you so much , Gmuli!
    Have you heard something about  Grand alignment of 5 planets and JiaZi?

Yea, the situation there is messy as well.
    First problem, is that the way the calendar currently functions we can't have 4 Jia/Zi pillars.
    As the month pillar will never have stem Jia on Zi branch/month, if the year is Jia/Zi.
    (the month stem will always be Bing).

In that sense, its easy to think the whole idea just isn't possible and that is what I thought at first. Yet as @RapaNui noticed, if the year started with Zi rat, instead of Yin tiger, then it becomes possible.
    And there seems to be the idea that was the case many years ago.

First step is done - we know its possible to have 4 Jia/ Zi pillars(although not now, but some time ago). Next step, we have to figure out if the planets are always in alignment at it.

Next step is to find a date then, when if the year starts with Zi, there would be 4 Jia/Zi pillars. And the nearest date seems to be
    17 December 1923 at 00:30 hour.

So the question then, becomes, are the planets aligned on that date.
    And the answer is - yea. Here is the map for that date:

Its not perfect, so as I said you can't use it to figure out the calendar. But there is definitly something there. I have to clarify that the idea we were looking for was Sun, Moon and Jupiter at the Zi part of the sky. And that seems to be nearly there(Moon isn't, but the rest is).

All that looking with the Trigrams overlayed on the map, then Kan trigram and Zi branch would be the lowest part of it.
    And logically Sun will always be around there in Zi month, while Jupiter will be there for the past few thousand years, but as we can see already is drifting off, since its orbit isn't exactly 12 years.

In short - there seems to be something like this, yes. But it isn't perfect and counting on it for the year branch, could work somewhat, but there are much better ways.

Online Gmuli

• Deian
    • G501++
    • View Profile
    • Bright Hall. net
  • To add... I was thinking on the more practical aspect... So can we find out when the year begins using the stars and planets.

It really depends how accurate we want to be and how far we want it to work forward.

Now, year will always start with Yin Tiger. And Yin Tiger in the Solar Calendar, will always start with 立春 lìchūn . And that is always 315-330 degree of the Suns ecliptical longitude.
    So this part is covered, when Sun hits 315 degree longitude the year begins. That is how we make our calculators as well.
    And that is the month branch/solar terms.

The second question, can you know if the year is Zi.
    And working with Jupiter, we know that is somewhat possible, yet we can check what accuracy it can provide.
    So lets check facts about Jupiter:

https://nssdc.gsfc.nasa.gov/planetary/factsheet/jupiterfact.html
    Sidereal orbit period (days) 4,332.589 365.256 11.862
    Tropical orbit period (days) 4,330.595 365.242 11.857

Now, we can see that its not 12 years, exactly, yet its very close to it.
    So that suggests that we can use Jupiter to figure out the year branch, as long as we are not expecting some incredible accuracy.
    Lets check how it will work.

We have 11.862 difference between them. That means that every 12 years, it will drift of with 0.148, so every 120 years, it will drift of with 1.48.
    Suggesting that it will be more then a year off already.

So we can use it in spans that aren't very big, if you use it for 60 year spans for example, it will be very close.
    But if you want to use it for thousands of years, it will have very little relevance to the actual info that we get.
    Also suggesting that the fact its close to the Sun in the 1923 example is just a coincidence, in practice it has made many full circles from the 1.48 every 120 years difference before it got to that position.

And that makes a circle and leave us again at the initial answer. You can use the month branch with Suns longitude, and the hour branch. Can also use the 28 lunar mansions somewhat. The rest is not reliable enough, it will be good for some years, but not for thousands of years, not even for hundreds. So "virtual stars" are applied.  Its not the actual movement of Jupiter, but its the Jupiter that we are using.

« Last Edit: March 28, 2020, 09:18:43 PM by Gmuli »

five arts forum

Fortune-telling / birth chart reading / predict your future services by Master Tony (aka aoefengshui). Area of interest:
    Category 1: Relationship/Peach Blossom/Marriage/Spouse/Divorce.
    Category 2: Wealth/Business/Investment/Legal Problem.
    Category 3: Career Plan/Career Move/Job Promotion/Study.
    Category 4: Health/Pregnancy/Children/Accident/Disaster.
    Category 5: The Luck of next 10 years: (Master Tony will work out your luck for next 10 years in general and point out the happening years for the important events).
    Category 6: The Luck of next 12 months: (Master Tony will work out your luck for next 12 months in general and point out the happening months for the important events.)
    Category 7: Your own Category which didn’t mention above.

Note: Master Tony will provide you the reading report in writing and also one private Q&A session afterwards. Everything to be conducted conveniently and anonymously via this forum online.

More detail | About Master Tony (aka aoefengshui) | Ask question privately | Post question in Pre-sales forum | Testimonials | View sample Fortune-telling report
    Tired of advertisement on the forum? Remove advertisement on the forum now. For detail, please click here.
    Learn fortune-telling skills from Master Tony (Purple Star Astrology / 紫微斗数 / ZWDS)

Features: Online private learning | one-on-one teaching | Everything starts from zero | 24/7 access to constantly updated learning materials | Medium of instruction: English
    Bazi reading service:
    Click here to view detail | Real Bazi reading reports (coming soon)

Tags:

Any differences between 1st 5 years and last 5 years in a 10-year LP?

Started by namle.16Board Si Zhu Ba Zi (SZBZ) 四柱八字

Replies: 5
    Views: 164
    Last post May 02, 2020, 10:45:38 PM
    by Gmuli
    When is my best years. Help thanks.

Started by Alex TehBoard Request for birth chart reading [FREE]

Replies: 9
    Views: 225
    Last post April 26, 2020, 04:30:00 PM
    by Alex Teh
    Different Luck Pillar years from different platforms.

Started by buffybunBoard 3. Art of Life (Birthchart Analysis)

Views: 296
    Last post March 06, 2020, 08:58:02 PM
    by RapaNui
    bazi help: 5 years dating fail despite peach blossom (Wu-Xu DM), career stagnant

Started by HelloItsMeBoard Request for birth chart reading [FREE]

Replies: 3
    Views: 304
    Last post March 03, 2020, 08:11:24 PM
    by johnyqi
    Bazi Reading for the first time in 180 years long

Started by EostreBoard Request for birth chart reading [FREE]

Replies: 17
    Views: 1033
    Last post January 23, 2020, 07:41:30 AM
    by KJS
    already 7 years hard find jobs and money

Started by vondueBoard Request for birth chart reading [FREE]

Replies: 7
    Views: 482
    Last post January 05, 2020, 08:13:40 PM
    by vondue
    Jobless for 2 years, sincerely seeking help and advice

Started by SimsnatelanBoard Request for birth chart reading [FREE]

Views: 379
    Last post December 10, 2019, 09:27:45 PM
    by Simsnatelan
    Passive investor and jobless for ten years ald

Started by investorBoard Request for birth chart reading [FREE]

Replies: 12
    Views: 532
    Last post December 07, 2019, 03:31:42 PM
    by investor
    Transition for the new coming years 2020 GengZi

Started by Goldina88Board Request for birth chart reading [FREE]

Replies: 17
    Views: 643
    Last post May 16, 2020, 07:54:47 AM
    by Goldina88
    the core principles behind 10-years luck cycles

Started by hopeBoard 3. Art of Life (Birthchart Analysis)

Replies: 13
    Views: 1244
    Last post April 03, 2020, 12:22:56 PM
    by ArtofFugue
    Trump's Tax returns why is he hiding it for 3 years?

Started by RemoteviewerBoard Miscellaneous casual talks

Replies: 1
    Views: 270
    Last post November 22, 2019, 08:14:57 AM
    by Remoteviewer
    Calendar hexagram Nyarzir

Started by dakini456Board Liu Yao Yi Gua (LYYG)

Replies: 0
    Views: 254
    Last post October 29, 2019, 11:01:35 PM
    by dakini456
    Please do advise on Career and luck pillar stages for later years

Started by ShengBoard Request for birth chart reading [FREE]

Replies: 2
    Views: 392
    Last post October 19, 2019, 09:18:53 AM
    by Sheng
    Jing Fang's remarks about the calendar are referring to the solar calendar

Started by hmeskerBoard Liu Yao Yi Gua (LYYG)

Replies: 21
    Views: 1063
    Last post August 15, 2019, 11:17:07 PM
    by ArtofFugue
    DGDS calendar for 2020 (+ 28 constellations)

Started by ArtofFugueBoard Date Selection

Replies: 9
    Views: 5317
    Last post March 13, 2020, 10:31:38 PM
    by Achtzeichen
    Wen chang ji in certain years

Started by socratesBoard Zi Wei Dou Shu (ZWDS) 紫微斗数

Replies: 0
    Views: 319
    Last post May 11, 2019, 07:43:59 PM
    by socrates
    Client with good cycle but hard time

Started by socratesBoard Request for birth chart reading [FREE]

Replies: 13
    Views: 831
    Last post May 06, 2019, 12:43:23 PM
    by flawlesflower
    Career and wealth for 21 years old man just starting out

Started by suepohBoard Request for birth chart reading [FREE]

Replies: 1
    Views: 355
    Last post January 24, 2019, 10:18:42 PM
    by johnyqi
    10 Year Luck Cycle is Coming and I'm so Excited what it brings!

Started by Gene79Board Request for birth chart reading [FREE]

Views: 682
    Last post October 09, 2018, 01:03:56 AM
    by fan
    37 years and never have a boyfriend

Started by TripleABoard Request for birth chart reading [FREE]

Replies: 24
    Views: 2347
    Last post September 27, 2018, 04:21:10 PM
    by TripleA
    Can read my chart for next 2 years ?

Started by ONFIREBoard Request for birth chart reading [FREE]

Views: 918
    Last post October 05, 2018, 09:47:58 PM
    by j27945
    Please help for my next 10 years analysis

Started by JEANBoard Request for birth chart reading [FREE]

Replies: 4
    Views: 906
    Last post October 01, 2018, 11:07:20 PM
    by j27945
    Career and academic outlook for next few years

Started by Aloy123456Board Request for birth chart reading [FREE]

Replies: 4
    Views: 594
    Last post September 09, 2018, 10:54:34 AM
    by Aloy123456
    DGDS calendar for 2019 (+ 28 constellations)

Started by ArtofFugueBoard Date Selection

Replies: 18
    Views: 6194
    Last post September 14, 2019, 07:11:44 AM
    by fengshuiplus168
    Best baby years

Started by jwhite997Board Request for birth chart reading [FREE]

Replies: 3
    Views: 595
    Last post July 29, 2018, 02:08:57 PM
    by Chat time
    Desparate on Wealth and Career 2018 and next 10 years

Started by manoj1098Board Request for birth chart reading [FREE]

Replies: 11
    Views: 1234
    Last post September 13, 2018, 11:28:31 PM
    by manoj1098
    Chinese Solar Calendar month transition

Started by annutaraBoard Miscellaneous

Views: 1124
    Last post June 04, 2018, 01:46:47 AM
    by annutara
    Gmuli Solar Calendar Class

Started by GmuliBoard Books, Software, Tools, and Resources

Replies: 20
    Views: 2519
    Last post July 20, 2019, 11:10:01 PM
    by Gmuli
    Chart reading - specific years

Started by blackswanBoard Request for birth chart reading [FREE]

Replies: 18
    Views: 2593
    Last post March 15, 2018, 03:44:50 PM
    by hellokitty888
    Xuan Kong Da Gua Calendar 2018

Started by HanShengBoard Date Selection

Replies: 10
    Views: 2714
    Last post January 31, 2019, 09:44:51 PM
    by chary

Disclaimer:

Your use of FiveArts.Info is at your sole risk. FiveArts.Info cannot be held responsible for the inaccuracy of the readings and information provided by its members.  FiveArts.Info owners, administrators, moderators, masters, members, partners expressly disclaim all warranties of any kind whether express or implied including but not limited to the implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.

Total visits since 2014: