• Ignoring members 5 2
Currently:  

Author Topic: Ignoring members  (Read 5883 times)

Offline Administrator

• Administrator
  • G501++
  • Last Login:October 14, 2018, 01:55:58 AM
    • View Profile
  • Ignoring members
    « on: May 30, 2015, 07:54:48 PM »
    Ignore members

This is a feature that automatically hide posts from your ignore list (just for your eyes). There are plenty of reasons why you want to ignore posts from certain members (i.e. your ignore list). Maybe they are annoying, maybe you just dislike to engage with them.

The principle of this ignore list is easy:

1) identify members you want to ignore (i.e. do not want to see their posts everywhere in this forum)

2) add their member names into Ignore list. Following is the step by step procedure to add a member to your ignore list.

Following is what will happen when you are viewing a topic consists of a post from your ignore list (i.e. the post from your ignore list will be hidden automatically):

NOTE: In this example, I already added Summer to my ignore list and his/her post are hidden automcatically just for me.

« Last Edit: May 30, 2015, 09:09:26 PM by Administrator »

Offline ArtofFugue

• Contributor
    • G501++
    • Last Login:Hidden
    • PRIVATE AND NON-COMMERCIAL PRACTITIONER
    • View Profile
  • Re: Ignoring members
    « Reply #1 on: June 02, 2015, 12:27:09 AM »
    Hi Admin,

Thanks for implementing this feature. It is useful as I find some members are better left as they are.

Just one question, if I were to ignore someone, will he/she knows? Will he/she be notified?
    By people sharing knowledge/info publicly, the info itself does not devalue to become "common internet data which lacks credibility and needs verifying". If everyone thinks in this way, nobody would want to share anymore in order to protect the value and integrity of their knowledge.

Offline baziindublin

• G501++
    • Shri Ganesha Namaha
    • View Profile
    « Reply #2 on: June 02, 2015, 01:05:56 AM »

Dear Five Arts Team.
    I don't agree with this feature. I think it will lead to disunity among members.

Video about bundle of sticks.
    All praise to Jehovah.  Jehovah gives birth to Qi.

Offline Administrator

• Administrator
    • G501++
    • View Profile
    « Reply #3 on: June 02, 2015, 02:17:48 AM »
    Hi Admin,

Thanks for implementing this feature. It is useful as I find some members are better left as they are.

Just one question, if I were to ignore someone, will he/she knows? Will he/she be notified?

Technically, no one will get notified about being in your ignore list.

But after long time of zero response from you then I think they *probably* know they already in your ignore list.

Offline Puppylove

• G301-G400
    • Last Login:October 10, 2016, 08:43:01 AM
    • View Profile
    « Reply #4 on: June 02, 2015, 02:19:03 AM »
    Whilst I agree it will likely cause some disunity amoung member users, you also have to remember that this forum, like any other forum, has trolls (who attempt to cause disruption only, or are those who can't see any way but the one they have in their heads and just keep banging on without any type of reason), users who are EXTREMELY thin skinned (who can't take any criticism, even when it's for their own good, etc), etc. Where having an ignore feature will reduce the amount of posts where it will likely cause someone who is not very well versed on the ways of the internet to cause themselves to be banned or moderated through posting things that they shouldn't have, etc.

As the forum grows, this feature will be very useful for those such as those described above. Personally, I'll never have use for it. But it'll help others certainly.

Offline Administrator

• Administrator
    • G501++
    • View Profile
    « Reply #5 on: June 02, 2015, 02:22:56 AM »

Dear Five Arts Team.
    I don't agree with this feature. I think it will lead to disunity among members.

Video about bundle of sticks.

Hi baziindublin,

if you don't agree with this feature then please don't use. It's optional and is a standard feature for almost all forums out there.

Offline ZhouYu

• 三軍都督
    • Contributor
    • G501++
    • 一子錯滿盤皆落索
    • View Profile
    « Reply #6 on: June 02, 2015, 03:22:46 AM »
    But after long time of zero response from you then I think they *probably* know they already in your ignore list.
    Or if you're thick enough, send a couple of private message. If no answer, you can be sure - either automagically or manually ignored, but ultimately still ignored.

Say, you didn't say anything if PM will go through :P

Offline Administrator

• Administrator
    • G501++
    • View Profile
    « Reply #7 on: June 02, 2015, 04:17:18 AM »
    Hi @ZhouYu,

it will depend on the settings of PM. Some members only accept PMs from buddies, admin or all members. Please see following picture:

Offline ArtofFugue

• Contributor
    • G501++
    • View Profile
    « Reply #8 on: June 02, 2015, 07:45:50 AM »
    Hi Admin,

Thanks for highlighting about the settings of Private Messages.

I wasn't aware of it. It's a useful feature too.
    By people sharing knowledge/info publicly, the info itself does not devalue to become "common internet data which lacks credibility and needs verifying". If everyone thinks in this way, nobody would want to share anymore in order to protect the value and integrity of their knowledge.

Offline ZhouYu

• 三軍都督
    • Contributor
    • G501++
    • 一子錯滿盤皆落索
    • View Profile
    « Reply #9 on: June 02, 2015, 11:22:43 AM »
    Thanks Admin. Didn't notice that part :)

Seems like can't get away from you huh :P But yeah, I think I've seen similar options in other boards too.

Offline jellynut

• G501++
    • View Profile
    « Reply #10 on: June 02, 2015, 07:34:53 PM »
    [Hidden post: You need login to forum to see it.]

Offline ArtofFugue

• Contributor
    • G501++
    • View Profile
    « Reply #11 on: June 02, 2015, 10:19:25 PM »
    @jellynut Then have to click. Out of sight, out of mind.

Offline Jlim

• G501++
    • View Profile
    « Reply #12 on: June 03, 2015, 01:01:42 AM »
    Hi Admin, is there currently a way of not receiving email notifying a "mention", whether the "mention" comes from a specific member or all members? I have never had the need for it,  but just curious, and as a moderator, it's good to know.

Offline Administrator

• Administrator
    • G501++
    • View Profile
    « Reply #13 on: June 03, 2015, 01:36:15 AM »
    Hi @Jlim,

please see following picture:

Offline baziindublin

• G501++
    • Shri Ganesha Namaha
    • View Profile
    « Reply #14 on: June 03, 2015, 03:29:02 AM »

@Administrator I won't need to press the ignore button here. haha
    All praise to Jehovah.  Jehovah gives birth to Qi.

five arts forum

Re: Ignoring members
    « Reply #14 on: June 03, 2015, 03:29:02 AM »
    Fortune-telling / birth chart reading / predict your future services by Master Tony (aka aoefengshui). Area of interest:
    Category 1: Relationship/Peach Blossom/Marriage/Spouse/Divorce.
    Category 2: Wealth/Business/Investment/Legal Problem.
    Category 3: Career Plan/Career Move/Job Promotion/Study.
    Category 4: Health/Pregnancy/Children/Accident/Disaster.
    Category 5: The Luck of next 10 years: (Master Tony will work out your luck for next 10 years in general and point out the happening years for the important events).
    Category 6: The Luck of next 12 months: (Master Tony will work out your luck for next 12 months in general and point out the happening months for the important events.)
    Category 7: Your own Category which didn’t mention above.

Note: Master Tony will provide you the reading report in writing and also one private Q&A session afterwards. Everything to be conducted conveniently and anonymously via this forum online.

More detail | About Master Tony (aka aoefengshui) | Ask question privately | Post question in Pre-sales forum | Testimonials | View sample Fortune-telling report
    Tired of advertisement on the forum? Remove advertisement on the forum now. For detail, please click here.
    Learn fortune-telling skills from Master Tony (Purple Star Astrology / 紫微斗数 / ZWDS)

Features: Online private learning | one-on-one teaching | Everything starts from zero | 24/7 access to constantly updated learning materials | Medium of instruction: English

Tags:

Disclaimer:

Your use of FiveArts.Info is at your sole risk. FiveArts.Info cannot be held responsible for the inaccuracy of the readings and information provided by its members. FiveArts.Info owners, administrators, moderators, masters, members, partners expressly disclaim all warranties of any kind whether express or implied including but not limited to the implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.