ZWDS foundation course by Master aoefengshui. One-on-one teaching.

• Lecture about Taiyi 5 1
Currently:  

Author Topic: Lecture about Taiyi  (Read 3058 times)

Offline Päivi

• G1-G50
  • Last Login:September 23, 2019, 10:56:40 AM
    • View Profile
    • Päivänhohde
  • Lecture about Taiyi
    « on: October 13, 2015, 05:04:34 PM »
    I talked about Taiyi in Moscow last year:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=2&v=N9sCIel8-5g

Best regards

Päivi

Offline ArtofFugue

• Contributor
    • G501++
    • Last Login:Hidden
    • PRIVATE AND NON-COMMERCIAL PRACTITIONER
    • View Profile
  • Re: Lecture about Taiyi
    « Reply #1 on: October 13, 2015, 05:19:56 PM »
    Look forward to a detailed English book on TYSS.
    By people sharing knowledge/info publicly, the info itself does not devalue to become "common internet data which lacks credibility and needs verifying". If everyone thinks in this way, nobody would want to share anymore in order to protect the value and integrity of their knowledge.

Offline Päivi

• G1-G50
    • View Profile
    • Päivänhohde
  • Lecture about Taiyi
    « Reply #2 on: October 13, 2015, 06:05:48 PM »
    Look forward to a detailed English book on TYSS.

Me too:-)  Actually my main interest is in the ancient military technique.  We don't have full information about it, because so much was lost a long time ago, but it is still a most interesting study.  Taiyi differs from all other well-known divination methods, which makes it so fascinating.

Offline Päivi

• G1-G50
    • View Profile
    • Päivänhohde
  • Lecture about Taiyi
    « Reply #3 on: October 13, 2015, 06:21:47 PM »
    Maybe I need to mention that the lecture is in English.

Offline ArtofFugue

• Contributor
    • G501++
    • View Profile
    « Reply #4 on: October 13, 2015, 07:56:38 PM »

Me too:-)  Actually my main interest is in the ancient military technique.  We don't have full information about it, because so much was lost a long time ago, but it is still a most interesting study.  Taiyi differs from all other well-known divination methods, which makes it so fascinating.

I thought you are a TYSS master already to be able to give a lecture about TYSS.

Lost long ago? A search on the web for "太乙神数 pdf" returns alot of information but mostly Chinese texts.
    By people sharing knowledge/info publicly, the info itself does not devalue to become "common internet data which lacks credibility and needs verifying". If everyone thinks in this way, nobody would want to share anymore in order to protect the value and integrity of their knowledge.

Offline Päivi

• G1-G50
    • View Profile
    • Päivänhohde
  • Lecture about Taiyi
    « Reply #5 on: November 07, 2015, 03:06:04 AM »
    I thought you are a TYSS master already to be able to give a lecture about TYSS.

Lost long ago? A search on the web for "太乙神数 pdf" returns alot of information but mostly Chinese texts.

Oh no, I am not a master of Taiyi.  However, I am one of the very few in the West, who has studied it as much as can be done with the information available.

As for the Chinese sources, I know that there is plenty of information in Chinese, but as far as I know, it is based on more recent practices.  Or is there more information about Taiyi as practiced during Warring States or Han dynasty?

Also, the only shipan, which is considered Taiyi shipan, does not lend itself easily to Taiyi divination as we know it so there are plenty of unknowns, methinks.

Offline ArtofFugue

• Contributor
    • G501++
    • View Profile
    « Reply #6 on: November 07, 2015, 03:11:58 PM »

As for the Chinese sources, I know that there is plenty of information in Chinese, but as far as I know, it is based on more recent practices.  Or is there more information about Taiyi as practiced during Warring States or Han dynasty?

I don't read ancient texts, I'm a modern person I read modern text.

For every ancient text, there is a downloadable modern edition if you didn't know.

Offline Päivi

• G1-G50
    • View Profile
    • Päivänhohde
    « Reply #7 on: November 07, 2015, 08:01:14 PM »
    For every ancient text, there is a downloadable modern edition if you didn't know.

I know.  I understand you about reading modern texts.  However, I wrote earlier that my interest lies in the ancient practice:-)  I am quite aware that this is of no interest to most people in the world. I have to accept that most likely it will be impossible to ever find out the complete methods, but it is a nice puzzle.  Other people spend their free time playing computer games, I have other ideas about having a good time:D

Offline ArtofFugue

• Contributor
    • G501++
    • View Profile
    « Reply #8 on: November 07, 2015, 08:17:13 PM »

...I have to accept that most likely it will be impossible to ever find out the complete methods...

All you need is a spade. ;D

Tough luck there. And ancient texts are not complete, they are the "version 1.0". Through modern times, masters add on from their own observations and research for the subject to become more complete. Eg; nobody will practice ZWDS Quan Shu or Quan Ji ancient text's materials because the interpretations are too limited and incomplete.

Offline Päivi

• G1-G50
    • View Profile
    • Päivänhohde
    « Reply #9 on: November 07, 2015, 08:31:43 PM »

...I have to accept that most likely it will be impossible to ever find out the complete methods...

All you need is a spade. ;D

Tough luck there. And ancient texts are not complete, they are the "version 1.0".

You said it - spade.  I very much hope that archaeologists unearth new books and shipans.

Not tough luck... it is my choice.  I find pleasure in digging into such ancient matters and trying to use my knowledge to maybe figure out some of the lost information.  When we know all the different parts of Chinese cosmology, calendars, divination methods, astrology and numerology etc., some parts may be logically deducted.

I also want to have information, especially pictures, about ancient battle formations.  I've been reading, whatever books and articles I have gotten hold on, about ancient military tactics, wars etc.  My handicap is that I don't know Chinese.  Thus I have to make do with whatever is published in West and till now haven't found all that I want.

Offline ArtofFugue

• Contributor
    • G501++
    • View Profile
    « Reply #10 on: November 07, 2015, 08:45:44 PM »
    ..... I've been reading, whatever books and articles I have gotten hold on, about ancient military tactics, wars etc.  .....

Are you a military officer? And why the interest in ancient military tactics? Just curious...

We're in modern times now with all sorts of high-tech weapons, ancient military tactics will not be relevant anymore.

Offline Päivi

• G1-G50
    • View Profile
    • Päivänhohde
    « Reply #11 on: November 07, 2015, 09:00:43 PM »
    Are you a military officer? And why the interest in ancient military tactics? Just curious...

Hehe, no.  When I was young, women were not accepted in army.

It may be that I am interested in old military things (not only Chinese), because I've had many lifetimes as a soldier.  One of my favorite plays as a child was playing war.  Who knows?  I am interested in many weird things like fengshui, divination, astrology...;-)

Offline Axis

• Contributor
    • G501++
      • View Profile
    Re: Lecture about Taiyi
    « Reply #12 on: November 08, 2015, 11:16:26 PM »
    [Hidden post: You need 1 posts to see it. You currently have 0. Join the paid subscription and see this hidden post now.]
    « Last Edit: November 08, 2015, 11:24:15 PM by Axis »

Offline Axis

• Contributor
    • G501++
      • View Profile
    « Reply #13 on: November 09, 2015, 04:56:16 PM »
    [Hidden post: You need login to forum to see it.]

Offline Päivi

• G1-G50
    • View Profile
    • Päivänhohde
    « Reply #14 on: November 11, 2015, 09:30:37 PM »
    [Hidden post: You need login to forum to see it.]
    Maybe you read these classic Chinese books, its a good website with some translations...

Hi Axis,
    I am happy to hear that my small contributions are helpful.

Thank you for reminding me that these books are on that site.

I have the 7 military classics and a couple of copies of Sun Zi's Art of War.  One of the thousands of things on my "to do" list is to check the military texts for any reference to military divination.  I've checked every English translation of Art of War I could lay hands on, to see, if anybody translated the remark pertaining to Qimendunjia correctly, but haven't found any.  I only realized this when somebody translated the book into Finnish with the original Chinese next to it and didn't invent an imaginative translation to a section, which he didn't understand.

Military divinations were not familiar in the West (or even the East to wider public) till these past 10-20 years.  Divination all in all was not considered worth serious study by sinologists.  Thus anything that may have been referring to divination was probably translated "wrong", because the translator did not know what the cryptic remarks (like 9 earths and 9 heavens) could have meant.

five arts forum

« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2015, 09:30:37 PM »
    Fortune-telling / birth chart reading / predict your future services by Master Tony (aka aoefengshui). Area of interest:
    Category 1: Relationship/Peach Blossom/Marriage/Spouse/Divorce.
    Category 2: Wealth/Business/Investment/Legal Problem.
    Category 3: Career Plan/Career Move/Job Promotion/Study.
    Category 4: Health/Pregnancy/Children/Accident/Disaster.
    Category 5: The Luck of next 10 years: (Master Tony will work out your luck for next 10 years in general and point out the happening years for the important events).
    Category 6: The Luck of next 12 months: (Master Tony will work out your luck for next 12 months in general and point out the happening months for the important events.)
    Category 7: Your own Category which didn’t mention above.

Note: Master Tony will provide you the reading report in writing and also one private Q&A session afterwards. Everything to be conducted conveniently and anonymously via this forum online.

More detail | About Master Tony (aka aoefengshui) | Ask question privately | Post question in Pre-sales forum | Testimonials | View sample Fortune-telling report
    Tired of advertisement on the forum? Remove advertisement on the forum now. For detail, please click here.
    Learn fortune-telling skills from Master Tony (Purple Star Astrology / 紫微斗数 / ZWDS)

Features: Online private learning | one-on-one teaching | Everything starts from zero | 24/7 access to constantly updated learning materials | Medium of instruction: English
    Bazi reading service:
    Click here to view detail | Real Bazi reading reports (coming soon)

Tags: taiyi 

Zi Wei Dou Shu Lecture #2 * Tian Kong and Di Jie *

Started by sosweetBoard Zi Wei Dou Shu (ZWDS) 紫微斗数

Replies: 5
    Views: 2241
    Last post June 30, 2018, 02:47:46 PM
    by flawlesflower
    Zi Wei Dou Shu Lecture #1 * Zuo Fu and You Bi *

Started by sosweetBoard Zi Wei Dou Shu (ZWDS) 紫微斗数

Replies: 3
    Views: 1100
    Last post December 29, 2016, 08:16:25 AM
    by sosweet
    ▲2011 太乙岁计 (年局) Taiyi Year Pan for 2011

Started by DavidBoard Tai Yi Shen Shu (TYSS)

Replies: 8
    Views: 1588
    Last post January 28, 2016, 10:48:53 AM
    by Oscar
    The Polestar astrology, 2.5 hour lecture free download

Started by nilegemBoard Zi Wei Dou Shu (ZWDS) 紫微斗数

Replies: 4
    Views: 1631
    Last post March 10, 2015, 10:45:11 PM
    by GroOt
    Lecture on the Heart by Heiner Fruehaf

Started by renBoard Life Foundation

Replies: 5
    Views: 1382
    Last post October 07, 2014, 05:03:35 AM
    by aqua

Disclaimer:

Your use of FiveArts.Info is at your sole risk. FiveArts.Info cannot be held responsible for the inaccuracy of the readings and information provided by its members.  FiveArts.Info owners, administrators, moderators, masters, members, partners expressly disclaim all warranties of any kind whether express or implied including but not limited to the implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.

Total visits since 2014: