Author Topic: About the forum new karma system  (Read 15327 times)

Offline Puppylove

• G301-G400
  • Last Login:October 10, 2016, 08:43:01 AM
    • View Profile
  • Re: About the forum new karma system
    « Reply #15 on: September 16, 2014, 11:46:43 PM »
    TianTong, others. The following replies are not directed at anyone, although it may sound as such.

You can see the former fivearts.net
    Only the old posts are valuable. From time to time, the valuable content posted become less and less.

In my opinon, I reject that notion. For me, only at best "some" of the old material on the old fivearts.net forum was valuable. Indeed, if you looked through them, most were actually snipets, or copy and paste jobs from other sites and blogs. Not exactly much more than a google search to be honest which we can all do.

Copying other material and not being able to provide explanations or further study with it, or even knowing if it works or not, is a worthless article to everyone. To me, that means you did not learn what was within that article and only have used to to boost your post count, like, karma, whatever.

A valuable piece, is where it helps expand or explain what was missing from before. Or poses questions to the article that needs addressing. This can come now, or in the future. The original article/post isn't the "be all, end all" of it. If it doesn't convey the information or meaning well, it failed as far as I'm concerned.

Generally, people come to a forum for learning purpose or request for chart reading.

No disagreement here. Except I'd also add former and existing pro-industry users as well who are willing to share.

If learner have reached "Pro-level" they will definitely busy with their own business. They better serve their own clients, build their own school and forum. So, it doesn’t make sense that the better skilled, knowledge people will come to turn up and continue from time to time. The make sense happening is: the better skilled, knowledge people will go away to build their own business empire.  8)

I'm afraid to tell you this. But this is not accurate.

I've been a pro and worked in the business before. Did really well, but stopped due to "Chart/Life/Luck" reasons and the fact I was effectively offered a sub-method of entering into the Blind School in HK/China and began "retraining". That did NOT stop me contributing, whether now or before I started, on this forum, the previous one, or other ones.

And there are others like me as well. So what you have said is not an accurate portrayal of things.

If you are talking about those who wished to earn a living from it anyway and started from an amatuer level, then these would have done exactly that anyway. So not really an appropriate example.

Ask yourself, any donation in this forum go to ‘the better skilled members’ bank account? What they get for sharing their worthy knowledge?  ;D  ;D

To be honest, nothing and you should expect nothing. These "applauds" in Karma are just clicks of a button. Nothing more to me.

I aid, because I can. I advise, because I can. I help, because I can. I explain, because I can. I contribute, because I can. Not because I am here to gain some type of recognition or appreciation. For all I care, I can have nothing in likes, Karma, or anything else. It has not stopped me from contributing. It will not stop me from contributing.

I recognise that there are such people out there who need to be constantly reminded for their efforts, especially since they may feel that they earned their information through hardship. Only I do not feel this way. Your own mileage may vary of course. So if you need a "reward" for your efforts, then you may wish to consider that this forum isn't right for you. And form or join one that appreciates your efforts in a suitable manner to your liking.

Personally, if you have reached such knowledge and skill in Five Arts and are still bound by such pointless things like recognition and needing Karma/Thanks/Likes, etc. I'd say you haven't truly learnt enough yet, and your journey still has a very long way to go.

---

Again, this post isn't directed at anyone in particular, and is not meant as a dig at anyone or to antagonise anyone. Although I am addressing TianTong to certain parts as the points were originally from their post, it was to add information that was lacking I feel is important to clarify why their points were not entirely accurate.

Offline ArtofFugue

• Contributor
    • G501++
    • Last Login:Hidden
    • PRIVATE AND NON-COMMERCIAL PRACTITIONER
    • View Profile
    « Reply #16 on: September 16, 2014, 11:54:33 PM »
    TianTong, others. The following replies are not directed at anyone, although it may sound as such.

Personally, if you have reached such knowledge and skill in Five Arts and are still bound by such pointless things like recognition and needing Karma/Thanks/Likes, etc. I'd say you haven't truly learnt enough yet, and your journey still has a very long way to go.
    ---

Again, this post isn't directed at anyone in particular, and is not meant as a dig at anyone or to antagonise anyone. Although I am addressing TianTong to certain parts as the points were originally from their post, it was to add information that was lacking I feel is important to clarify why their points were not entirely accurate.

If karma points are "pointless", then why do we still need to have them? And why we need to have "credibility and standard of each karma point" and care about if "karma points are of dubious sources"? Don't you think this is contradicting?

Your replies are full of defensive disclaimers, perhaps you should relax more and learn to see different points of views. Surely, you haven't truly learnt enough about people's skills yet and your journey still has a long way to go.

You're using a business perspective to see a human issue. And don't ever think that no one is irreplaceable. Because it will never be the same again.
    By people sharing knowledge/info publicly, the info itself does not devalue to become "common internet data which lacks credibility and needs verifying". If everyone thinks in this way, nobody would want to share anymore in order to protect the value and integrity of their knowledge.

Offline Puppylove

• G301-G400
    • Last Login:October 10, 2016, 08:43:01 AM
    • View Profile
    « Reply #17 on: September 17, 2014, 12:12:25 AM »

If karma points are "pointless", then why do we still need to have them? And why we need to have "credibility and standard of each karma point" and care about if "karma points are of dubious sources"? Don't you think this is contradicting?

This is precisely why I prefer to stay anon from spat threads such as this one, but I will entertain this once more.

1. It is not contradicting. Karma is a valuable resource for those that use that board and actually sees them as valuable. I do not see it as such and also have no need of it. (If you quoted my full text instead of only partial text, this would be clear).
    2. The moment you give Karma away so easily, is when you start to devalue Karma. Just like real money. You don't make Karma (Money) more valuable by giving more away (printing more), you make it less available.
    3. Karma does not equal credibility as I have stated before.
    4. Nowhere in the supposed quoted section you have quoted me in have I declared that Karma points are from dubious sources. That was in a previous reply in relation to a slightl different topic. You are mixing up the posts and the meaning within. Please re-read what I have posted.

Your replies are full of defensive disclaimers, perhaps you should relax more and learn to see different points of views. Surely, you haven't truly learnt enough about people's skills yet and your journey still has a long way to go.

1. At no point have I declared that I have nowhere else to go and reached enlightenment.
    2. You are attempting to link my attempts for others to read and think with a clear head as an attempt to protect my own integrity or to attack others. You are mistaken. The disclaimers are so others can read my posts in a clear and logical mind and not see the post as you clearly have as an attack on your stance when it is merely offering an alternative view.

You're using a business perspective to see a human issue. And don't ever think that no one is irreplaceable. Because it will never be the same again.

At no point have I ever said an individual is irreplacable, only forum users and what content they can provide are replacable as no one is so important that everything will collapse without them. What you have implied in your previous posts is that if the forum admin/mods/users do not "appease" these contributing, then they will leave and cause the end of the forum. This is clearly not the case. As users come and go. In this forum, the old one, and any other. This is a fact of life on the Internet.

Again, re-read what I have posted. You are letting your anger at the situation cloud you mind over what I have written as it is contrary to what you are standing for. Re-read what I have posted in a calm state and see it for what it is.

Offline TianTong

• G501++
    • Last Login:December 15, 2019, 09:28:34 AM
    • Demi Lovato - Let it Go
    • View Profile
    « Reply #18 on: September 17, 2014, 01:05:00 AM »
    Hi Puppylove,

I am a newbie to Bazi/ZWDS and have seen some useful posts of ArtofFugue, like couple compability table, difference Sihua in various ZWDS sects. Since you are a pro, can you give some links to your worthy contribution in this forum?

I would like to learn from it.  ;)

Offline Axis

• Contributor
    • G501++
      • View Profile
    Re: About the forum new karma system
    « Reply #19 on: September 17, 2014, 01:11:22 AM »
    Hi All,

This karma system and so.. makes me think to the time when I was a little child in school... true one below...

No worry

PS : when we had enough "good points" for different reasons, we received an image ! Yes
    « Last Edit: September 17, 2014, 01:17:12 AM by Axis »

Offline Pdstelle

• G401-G500
    • View Profile
    « Reply #20 on: September 17, 2014, 02:19:06 AM »
    Hi Puppylove,

I am a newbie to Bazi/ZWDS and have seen some useful posts of ArtofFugue, like couple compability table, difference Sihua in various ZWDS sects. Since you are a pro, can you give some links to your worthy contribution in this forum?

Forgive them, Puppylove:they don't know what they are saying.
    « Last Edit: September 17, 2014, 03:31:13 AM by Pdstelle »

Offline Axis

• Contributor
    • G501++
      • View Profile
    « Reply #21 on: September 17, 2014, 02:37:28 AM »
    I would like to learn from it.

I liked this sentence...

Online Administrator

• Administrator
    • G501++
    • Last Login:Today at 06:00:57 PM
    • View Profile
    « Reply #22 on: September 17, 2014, 05:00:00 AM »

Offline Nobunaga

• G101-G300
    • Last Login:January 03, 2020, 02:05:06 PM
      • View Profile
    « Reply #23 on: September 17, 2014, 02:40:23 PM »
    Hi all,

@Puppylove, thank you for generous sharing and explanation about the mang pai bazi.

In my humble opinion, people sharing in this forum got many different reason, so everybody is entitled to their own reasons
    Please dont argue about trivial matters...
    One thing for sure...this forum is for everybody... all opinion is accepted, but please let the moderator and administrator do their part.
    What they are doing must be for the best interest of this forum.
    This forum is new, so there must be many things need to be "re-adjust"
    Please have some patience

Offline ArtofFugue

• Contributor
    • G501++
    • View Profile
    « Reply #24 on: September 17, 2014, 09:08:05 PM »
    Hi Puppylove,

Hi Tian Tong and all,

Glad you see you around. I'm not angry because my own karma points were reset but because I know this action may discourage some forumers from posting because they have really contributed alot of data, much more than I have. This new karma system is good that it can trace the origins but it is the resetting of points that is not so nice.

>>"The past Karma was all effectively tainted."
    And I don't think that the past karma was all tainted. You, nilegem, axis, hansheng, flyingkite deserved the past karmas for all your great contributions. Great job all of you!

So the question is, from now on, the karma won't be considered "tainted" and will not be reset ever again?
    By people sharing knowledge/info publicly, the info itself does not devalue to become "common internet data which lacks credibility and needs verifying". If everyone thinks in this way, nobody would want to share anymore in order to protect the value and integrity of their knowledge.

Offline Axis

• Contributor
    • G501++
      • View Profile
    « Reply #25 on: September 17, 2014, 10:32:36 PM »
    Hi ArtofFugue,
    Happy to read from you... I hope that most of us are adults and understand that this system can have a bug sometimes and reset for (x) reason; all is impermanent... If we want to look at charts, this is much more difficult duty, as some persons should be in distress, find a cure is another step..

If I want to do my blonde, I will prefer as we talk about it, that this new system have started by 1 karma distribution for all members, to thanks all the persons for their presence in the forum, but its just a machine; I congratulate the Administrator for all the work he done... imagine the energy to re-built a forum like this...
    Now we have just a new dilemna, how to choise 5 persons by day, patience please !...

Best Regards to All

« Last Edit: September 17, 2014, 10:34:25 PM by Axis »

Offline Jlim

• G501++
    • View Profile
    « Reply #26 on: September 17, 2014, 10:38:45 PM »

If I want to do my blonde, I will prefer as we talk about it, that this new system have started by 1 karma distribution for all members, to thanks all the persons for their presence in the forum, but its just a machine; I congratulate the Administrator for all the work he done... imagine the energy to re-built a forum like this...
    Now we have just a new dilemna, how to choise 5 persons by day, patience please !...
    Could you explain what you mean by "if I want to do my blonde"?  Do you have blonde hair, Axis?

Offline Axis

• Contributor
    • G501++
      • View Profile
    « Reply #27 on: September 17, 2014, 11:00:31 PM »
    Could you explain what you mean by "if I want to do my blonde"?  Do you have blonde hair, Axis?

No sorry, I miss something.. few explanation, its a new mode to say "to do the blonde" play the idiot... this is misogynist... but funny

Offline HanSheng

• G401-G500
    • Last Login:December 10, 2019, 12:41:19 PM
      • View Profile
    « Reply #28 on: September 18, 2014, 08:25:41 AM »
    Hi All,

>>"The past Karma was all effectively tainted."
    And I don't think that the past karma was all tainted. You, nilegem, axis, hansheng, flyingkite deserved the past karmas for all your great contributions. Great job all of you!

Yes, the truth hurt. I lost 33 karmas or 32 karmas, most of them were giving by our dearest Administrator. But what can I do if the forum thinks that It will be fair to reset all members, moderator and administrator's karma point to zero.
    But what is there for the karma points, all of you have been fighting over the karma system.
    Some would said I deserve this, other would said there is something going on with his/her karma point.
    Some would even mention names, but why argue for the karma system?

Since I'm not a man of many words, all I can say is:
    At the end of the day your true and real life karma doesn't changeJust like my friend in this forum told me.

HanSheng aka Jiahan

Offline ArtofFugue

• Contributor
    • G501++
    • View Profile
    « Reply #29 on: September 18, 2014, 09:57:50 PM »
    @ HanSheng aka Jiahan

And it was the undesirable comments/mindset that got me to post a few words to discuss more:

"The past Karma/contributions was all effectively tainted." (I feel this is very unfair to us, mean to suggest our contributions are not worthy)

"Copying other material and not being able to provide explanations or further study with it, or even knowing if it works or not, is a worthless article" (If we were to research and test thoroughly before sharing any data, then we might as well publish our own books. Why post free in a forum?)

"Everyone is replaceable." (mean to suggest even if we are all gone, it is alright as there will be other better people than us to contribute, in other words, this forum doesn't really need us.)

"gain some type of recognition or appreciation is pointless" (I feel that thanks and appreciation are very important and part of being human, that's why we have mother's day, father's day and thanksgiving.)

Even though the comments/mindset were not directed at anyone and written "not to antagonise anyone", they are already offensive and objectable.

I understand that it is a harsh, dog-eat-dog world we live in, but I still have faith that not everyone has an iron heart.

A good quote to share:

"A few drops of dirty water doesn't tarnish the entire ocean." (Similarly, a few "dubious" karma points doesn't tarnish our entire karma points.)
    « Last Edit: September 18, 2014, 10:07:58 PM by ArtofFugue »

five arts forum

« Reply #29 on: September 18, 2014, 09:57:50 PM »
    Fortune-telling / birth chart reading / predict your future services by Master Tony (aka aoefengshui). Area of interest:
    Category 1: Relationship/Peach Blossom/Marriage/Spouse/Divorce.
    Category 2: Wealth/Business/Investment/Legal Problem.
    Category 3: Career Plan/Career Move/Job Promotion/Study.
    Category 4: Health/Pregnancy/Children/Accident/Disaster.
    Category 5: The Luck of next 10 years: (Master Tony will work out your luck for next 10 years in general and point out the happening years for the important events).
    Category 6: The Luck of next 12 months: (Master Tony will work out your luck for next 12 months in general and point out the happening months for the important events.)
    Category 7: Your own Category which didn’t mention above.

Note: Master Tony will provide you the reading report in writing and also one private Q&A session afterwards. Everything to be conducted conveniently and anonymously via this forum online.

More detail | About Master Tony (aka aoefengshui) | Ask question privately | Post question in Pre-sales forum | Testimonials | View sample Fortune-telling report
    Tired of advertisement on the forum? Remove advertisement on the forum now. For detail, please click here.
    Learn fortune-telling skills from Master Tony (Purple Star Astrology / 紫微斗数 / ZWDS)

Features: Online private learning | one-on-one teaching | Everything starts from zero | 24/7 access to constantly updated learning materials | Medium of instruction: English
    Bazi reading service:
    Click here to view detail | Real Bazi reading reports (coming soon)

Tags:

Disclaimer:

Your use of FiveArts.Info is at your sole risk. FiveArts.Info cannot be held responsible for the inaccuracy of the readings and information provided by its members.  FiveArts.Info owners, administrators, moderators, masters, members, partners expressly disclaim all warranties of any kind whether express or implied including but not limited to the implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.

Total visits since 2014: