Author Topic: About the forum new karma system  (Read 15429 times)

Offline Axis

• Contributor
  • G501++
  • Last Login:Hidden
    • View Profile
Re: About the forum new karma system
« Reply #30 on: September 18, 2014, 10:18:55 PM »
Dear ArtofFugue, Puppylove, All, interesting version(s) for thinking process... Thanks to both of you...

"Copying other material and not being able to provide explanations or further study with it, or even knowing if it works or not, is a worthless article" Yes and No, maybe someone will go further by the ways, agree or disagree... for the person himself it depends of his own memory, comprehension, ability to synthesize, to progress...

"Everyone is replaceable."  Yes, that what I think; even loved ones for each of them, can be no-replaceable...

"gain some type of recognition or appreciation is pointless" this condition is not so useful than air.

a futile philosophy moment...
« Last Edit: September 18, 2014, 10:22:22 PM by Axis »

Online HanSheng

• G401-G500
  • Last Login:Today at 05:35:24 AM
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 18, 2014, 10:43:36 PM »
Hi ArtofFugue,

@ HanSheng aka Jiahan

And it was the undesirable comments/mindset that got me to post a few words to discuss more:

"The past Karma/contributions was all effectively tainted." (I feel this is very unfair to us, mean to suggest our contributions are not worthy)
I'm with you on this

"Copying other material and not being able to provide explanations or further study with it, or even knowing if it works or not, is a worthless article" (If we were to research and test thoroughly before sharing any data, then we might as well publish our own books. Why post free in a forum?)
Worthless for you, but I personally think that " It's a good source of information for those who would like to research and test it " Who knows it would be priceless, if you adjust and make some changes."

"Everyone is replaceable." (mean to suggest even if we are all gone, it is alright as there will be other better people than us to contribute, in other words, this forum doesn't really need us.)
IMHO: Right and Wrong, why, you are right when we don't have anything to share and wrong because without our enthusiasm this forum would not have been like this. ( I think everybody can see that FIVEARTS.INFO is almost as good as the old Fivearts.net )

"gain some type of recognition or appreciation is pointless" (I feel that thanks and appreciation are very important and part of being human, that's why we have mother's day, father's day and thanksgiving.)
I'm with you, the reason that I repost some of the previous articles ( with or without testing it ) is to make this forum alive.
For those who wants to research, at least they have something to begin with. May be appreciation and not recognition. ( I would have log in as Jiahan, if I want recognition )

Even though the comments/mindset were not directed at anyone and written not to antagonise anyone, they are already offensive and objectable.
My apology, if you feel offended.

I understand that it is a harsh, dog-eat-dog world we live in, but I still have faith that not everyone has an iron heart.

A good quote to share:
"A few drops of dirty water doesn't tarnish the entire ocean." (Similarly, a few "dubious" karma points doesn't tarnish our entire karma points.)
Yes, Well said

HanSheng

Offline ArtofFugue

• Contributor
  • G501++
  • PRIVATE AND NON-COMMERCIAL PRACTITIONER
    • View Profile
  • Re: About the forum new karma system
    « Reply #32 on: September 18, 2014, 10:48:26 PM »
    @ Hansheng: Those words in blue quote " " in my previous message were not written by me. They were written by another forumer. In brackets were my opinions to that quote.
    By people sharing knowledge/info publicly, the info itself does not devalue to become "common internet data which lacks credibility and needs verifying". If everyone thinks in this way, nobody would want to share anymore in order to protect the value and integrity of their knowledge.

Online HanSheng

• G401-G500
      • View Profile
    « Reply #33 on: September 18, 2014, 10:54:41 PM »
    Hi ArtofFugue,

OK, sorry for the misunderstanding. ( I am still in the stage of ........ may be after 49 or 100 )
    As it was address to me, I thought you are on attack mode. Hehehe.

Again sorry, if your are offended.

HanSheng
    « Last Edit: September 18, 2014, 11:01:25 PM by HanSheng »

Offline ArtofFugue

• Contributor
    • G501++
    • View Profile
    « Reply #34 on: September 18, 2014, 11:02:00 PM »
    I wasn't offended the least. I was actually feeling hurt that there are people who think in such a way. I hope that he/she would one day understand my sentiments.
    By people sharing knowledge/info publicly, the info itself does not devalue to become "common internet data which lacks credibility and needs verifying". If everyone thinks in this way, nobody would want to share anymore in order to protect the value and integrity of their knowledge.

Online HanSheng

• G401-G500
      • View Profile
    « Reply #35 on: September 18, 2014, 11:08:02 PM »
    Hi ArtofFugue,

I glad that I'm not alone.

HanSheng

Online Administrator

• Administrator
    • G501++
    • Last Login:Today at 03:05:24 AM
    • View Profile
    « Reply #36 on: April 29, 2015, 05:10:17 AM »
    Update to karma point:

please do not award karma point to PM posts because except the PM sender and receiver, nobody can see them. Periodically, admin will remove karma points awarded in PM posts.

Offline Jlim

• G501++
    • View Profile
    « Reply #37 on: April 29, 2015, 11:05:18 AM »
    Hi Admin, if it's very easy to do, could you increase the length of the "reason" field for changing karma?  Right now the field length is 21 characters (if I count correctly), maybe something like 40 characters would give users more space.  As I see it now, the karma statistics that's displayed at the forum home screen has some unused empty spaces.

Online Administrator

• Administrator
    • G501++
    • View Profile
    « Reply #38 on: April 29, 2015, 11:29:31 AM »
    @Jlim,

Not sure easy or hard but I will try to change it  ;D.

Offline Summer

• G501++
      • View Profile
    « Reply #39 on: April 29, 2015, 11:43:49 AM »
    A karma point is not just a mere click, but it's the reward for your quality posts. There is another way to express "thanks", please use LIKE link on each post.
    I see.... the way it's used, I thought its more for rewarding buddies for their support, liking their cut and paste translations, thank you for joining the forum, that sorta thing....  :P

Offline ZhouYu

• 三軍都督
    • Contributor
    • G501++
    • 一子錯滿盤皆落索
    • View Profile
    « Reply #40 on: April 29, 2015, 11:57:48 AM »
    Summer兄 此言差矣. Comfort != Support

Offline Summer

• G501++
      • View Profile
    « Reply #41 on: April 29, 2015, 12:06:14 PM »
    Karma points sometimes can be very useful to deter vast majority of the members from reading their their "precious posts", as well as used to "demand for even more karma points".  ;)

Online Administrator

• Administrator
    • G501++
    • View Profile
    « Reply #42 on: April 29, 2015, 12:24:35 PM »
    A karma point is not just a mere click, but it's the reward for your quality posts. There is another way to express "thanks", please use LIKE link on each post.
    I see.... the way it's used, I thought its more for rewarding buddies for their support, liking their cut and paste translations, thank you for joining the forum, that sorta thing....  :P

Good one. When I have time, maybe I will remove all thankyou type of karma points.

Offline ArtofFugue

• Contributor
    • G501++
    • View Profile
    « Reply #43 on: April 29, 2015, 01:45:22 PM »

Good one. When I have time, maybe I will remove all thankyou type of karma points.

@Summer I've also given you 1 karma point for encouragement and "thank you" for contributing to forum, are you also saying you don't deserve that? Why are there always people not happy with karma system?

@Administrator If thank you (for helping people) is not enough reason to be given karma point, I wonder what is sufficient reason?

Translation is hard work, if it is not sufficient reason to give point, then I will stop doing all translation work. It is also easier for me not to answer any post and keep quiet. But it is in my character to be helpful. If this is wrong in this forum, let me know. I'm also thinking, I'm too active and too helpful already.

I've to say, sometimes Axis, me and some members do give karma points to new members to encourage them to post more. This is with good intention. I also find other members like Rapanui giving karma points because they support a member's opinion instead of my opinion. I'm fine with that too. Everyone don't have to agree with me.

The main reason why I am so active is because I almost died once and was given a 2nd chance to live, and I prefer have karma points from hard work as it would be more meaningful. If not, I would be like most other members keeping quiet. In the past, before my death year, I was a very quiet person, be it online or offline.

In any way, the decision is still up to you. For any reason, if the current karma points is reset again, I'll just buy the sponsor account. I won't post so much anymore. I've also heard the previous forum's translations are good, this is also why I'm staying on.

Offline ZhouYu

• 三軍都督
    • Contributor
    • G501++
    • 一子錯滿盤皆落索
    • View Profile
    « Reply #44 on: April 29, 2015, 01:47:14 PM »
    Karma points sometimes can be very useful to deter vast majority of the members from reading their their "precious posts"
    Summer兄所言甚是, but my answer is : that's the main intention of it being there. I am more than happy to have the reading capability locked by Karma to be removed. 未知Summer兄以下如何呀?

As my personal opinion, information should be shared freely, apart from those that are restricted to 弟子 only. A normal student != 弟子.

as well as used to "demand for even more karma points"
    I believe that it should be given on freewill. But again, I don't find it wrong to ask for it. If people are happy to give, they'll give. If people are not happy to, the requester won't get it.

five arts forum

« Reply #44 on: April 29, 2015, 01:47:14 PM »
    Fortune-telling / birth chart reading / predict your future services by Master Tony (aka aoefengshui). Area of interest:
    Category 1: Relationship/Peach Blossom/Marriage/Spouse/Divorce.
    Category 2: Wealth/Business/Investment/Legal Problem.
    Category 3: Career Plan/Career Move/Job Promotion/Study.
    Category 4: Health/Pregnancy/Children/Accident/Disaster.
    Category 5: The Luck of next 10 years: (Master Tony will work out your luck for next 10 years in general and point out the happening years for the important events).
    Category 6: The Luck of next 12 months: (Master Tony will work out your luck for next 12 months in general and point out the happening months for the important events.)
    Category 7: Your own Category which didn’t mention above.

Note: Master Tony will provide you the reading report in writing and also one private Q&A session afterwards. Everything to be conducted conveniently and anonymously via this forum online.

More detail | About Master Tony (aka aoefengshui) | Ask question privately | Post question in Pre-sales forum | Testimonials | View sample Fortune-telling report
    Tired of advertisement on the forum? Remove advertisement on the forum now. For detail, please click here.
    Learn fortune-telling skills from Master Tony (Purple Star Astrology / 紫微斗数 / ZWDS)

Features: Online private learning | one-on-one teaching | Everything starts from zero | 24/7 access to constantly updated learning materials | Medium of instruction: English
    Bazi reading service:
    Click here to view detail | Real Bazi reading reports (coming soon)

Tags:

Disclaimer:

Your use of FiveArts.Info is at your sole risk. FiveArts.Info cannot be held responsible for the inaccuracy of the readings and information provided by its members.  FiveArts.Info owners, administrators, moderators, masters, members, partners expressly disclaim all warranties of any kind whether express or implied including but not limited to the implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.

Total visits since 2014: